Summer Transfer Window

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable.

Some massive signings to talk about this morning and yet this thread still breaks into one of the stupidest disagreements I've seen on here.

Enough all, talk about the transfers.

Sometimes on this board you just feel like yelling out...

f431bda6f2e50caed9b6c4be28ab81bf.jpg

Arsenal has seemingly spent quite a bit of money without actually improving the squad

Sanchez is nice but they already have no problems scoring goals

Relying on old goats like Arteta and Flamini at holding mid for another season is another failure. He's had 5 years to sign a holding mid
I'm amazed in all honesty (concerning the CDM position) Arteta is cooked and Flamini is ok backup.

The signings we have made have all been for replacements basically, whilst Chambers looks pretty decent is young and a replacement signing, Ospina again another decent player but a replacement same as Debuchy decent but a replacement signing.

The Welbeck signing is pretty much a replacement or cover signing it would have been a joke to go ahead for the the next 3+ months with Sanogo leading the line top 4 probably would have been lost in those months so while Welbeck being better than Sanogo is still very much a work in progress, Giroud would start over him when fit.

The only signing we made to actually improve our team was Sanchez who whilst being a top player we didn't exactly need as much as say a proper CDM or striker (one better than Giroud) and then we have the whole CB fiasco with Chambers as our 3rd choice CB then i'm not totally sure who our 4th is honestly we don't have one and it will be a make-shift cover which is just dumb really hopefully that doesn't bite us on the arse but we are certainly taking a risk with that situation.

But it's lonely in there. :(

Also on a semi-related note, Leeds' twitter account just before 10pm on transfer deadline day.

Don't go to bed just yet...there is still work to be done #DeadlineDay #lufc
At 10:51pm they sold Matt Smith to Fulham.
At 10:58pm they sold Poleon to Oldham.

Then at 11pm:

After a busy last hour that is us done for the 2014 Summer Transfer Window #DeadlineDay #lufc
You can imagine the response from their fans, or just look here:

Apparently they were expecting to announce the return of Becchio to the club, but then after they sold the other two strikers he changed his mind at the last minute and went to Rotherham instead. :D

Best mate is a Leeds supporter. He was really angry haha.

Leeds - the gift that keeps on giving!

Pretty pissed off about selling Sandro. One of the best defensive midfielders in the league when fit, hmmmm.

Intriguing season for Manure.

Already 7 points behind Chelsea and they have played Burnley (a promoted team that most pundits expect to finish dead last), Sunderland and Swansea.

Great signings in name but I wonder if they will gel and perform or become an Anderson or Kagawa.

View attachment 77271

Pretty interesting. Hull and QPR will be wanting to stay up with those amounts.

We'd be expecting top 10 with those.

Ah Southampton shelling out the most on Shane Long, that still amuses me.

EDIT: Surely West Ham are more of a concern than us? Unless you're looking at amount spent not net outlay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spewing about welbeck. While I'm pleased that we nabbed falcao, welbeck for me will score 20+ this season at Arsenal. Will score if he is played up top which he will be with only sanogo to worry about for a while. Apparently we wanted to loan him to Tottenham but he wanted a perm deal to Arsenal. He'll have a break out year IMO.

I am gobsmacked how much cash United have spent to try and get into the Europa league

Should keep them out of the Relegation battle you'd think.

Spewing about welbeck. While I'm pleased that we nabbed falcao, welbeck for me will score 20+ this season at Arsenal. Will score if he is played up top which he will be with only sanogo to worry about for a while. Apparently we wanted to loan him to Tottenham but he wanted a perm deal to Arsenal. He'll have a break out year IMO.
Welbeck to score 20+?

Wowsers

60 million pounds for Di Maria. That's a huge expenditure.

I would like to know the net spend over the past 3 seasons for Man Utd. Must top Man City and Chelsea.
how about look at it from the day citeh walked in and started to splash. we're still miles behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back