Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty Crow

All Australian
Apr 13, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
They also got creative..
They took the screwing they received and made it a possibly better situation for many of their members who love seeing them in the bars..
I dare say a few of their supporters might end up behind bars by the end of the day too.. ;)
Might be the best chance we have to have the fig trees and scoreboard removed if they burn them down after a loss.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Gavin Wanganeen on Open Mike at the moment.

Glowing in praise for Mark Mercuri. Almost a forgotten player. You never hear about him. But he was an absolute jet. Unbelievably skillful. One of those players like Roger James, Dean Kemp, Robbie Gray. Physically doesn't look anything special, not quick. But just so classy.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gavin Wanganeen on Open Mike at the moment.

Glowing in praise for Mark Mercuri. Almost a forgotten player. You never hear about him. But he was an absolute jet. Unbelievably skillful. One of those players like Roger James, Dean Kemp, Robbie Gray. Physically doesn't look anything special, not quick. But just so classy.
I always rated him very highly. Remember the year he attempted a comeback after retiring? Sheedy talked him into it I believe.

Did anyone else get the sense that Wanganeen is still a Bombers supporter at heart?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I always rated him very highly. Remember the year he attempted a comeback after retiring? Sheedy talked him into it I believe.

Did anyone else get the sense that Wanganeen is still a Bombers supporter at heart?
Yeah, sounded like going to Port was a massive regret for him until the 2004 flag rescued it

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
It's fast becoming the worst kept secret, Frawley has clearly already signed with the Cats.
If that is the case I'd seriously doubt he will be on the money it was touted he was after given Geelong's past history of relying on their 'culture' to retain star players and not paying "overs" to any of their players. That is unless that strategy was just Geelong folklore all along!

aneale

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If that is the case I'd seriously doubt he will be on the money it was touted he was after given Geelong's past history of relying on their 'culture' to retain star players and not paying "overs" to any of their players. That is unless that strategy was just Geelong folklore all along!
you'd take a pay cut to go from Melbourne to Geelong.

Aug 31, 2010
Port Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies

Hangs around the Port club more often than not. Was just handed his 2004 premiership gurnsey back in the rooms with the Port boys looking on. Meant the world to him. So no to your question.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hangs around the Port club more often than not. Was just handed his 2004 premiership gurnsey back in the rooms with the Port boys looking on. Meant the world to him. So no to your question.
That's where life has led him. That wasn't the question though.

Did you see the interview?

After seeing that, I reckon if you'd asked him deep down between 1997-2003 do you regret leaving Essendon he'd have answered yes. 2004 changed that, otherwise he would have regretted the move always. As it was 2004 validated the move and the second part of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tom Jonas is singing at the AFL grand final?

JONAS%20Tom.png

Aug 31, 2010
Port Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
After seeing that, I reckon if you'd asked him deep down between 1997-2003 do you regret leaving Essendon he'd have answered yes.
Thats your opinion, and i disagree with that. He was a premiership player first and foremost with Port Adelaide and he had no regrets in leaving the Bombers. He spends a lot of time down at Alberton which pretty much sums up where his heart is. I'm not saying he didn't love his time at the Bombers but he's a Port boy through and through.

thebeedee

Club Legend
May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts,Tottenham Hotspur
Thats your opinion, and i disagree with that. He was a premiership player first and foremost with Port Adelaide and he had no regrets in leaving the Bombers. He spends a lot of time down at Alberton which pretty much sums up where his heart is. I'm not saying he didn't love his time at the Bombers but he's a Port boy through and through.
Pretty hard for him to get to Windy Hill though.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watching Open Mike . Gavin never deserved to have his jumper taken let alone any player. It was fantastic of the club to find that guernsey for him as it meant a whole heap to him.

Mike Sheehan's interviewing technique basically revolves around the concept that if it didn't happen in Victoria it didn't happen.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Short memory, must have a ...
Peter-Garrett-6501622.jpg

Let me just point one fact out to you.

There is only AFL club that has ever had to put covers over their seats because their supporters had given them away. Not even Fitzroy did that.

They've got good people in; that turned things around. The old regime rehired Williams, hired Primus and drove the club to within a heartbeat of folding. No PAP Creed then.

The new regime has played it very smart and made some very, very good decisions.

Suddenly they're back in town, everyone's validated their metrocard on the bandwagon and they've got 150,000 years of history again.

That's our challenge. The right people will turn it around. Massive challenge, but that's what we need to do.

Top post.

Also their 7 top 10 draft picks have matured and now blossomed under decent leadership.

It's thought there are 4C's you have to get right
Captain
Coach
Chairman
CEO

There's a 5th
Cattle

When we have more/better quality of these pieces in place we too will rise again

Without ever resorting to tarps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back