Remove this Banner Ad

no
it has not been always claimed
1/ CJC and GHRP were coupled together from very early in the piece
2/ Cronulla's own review refers to CJC and GHRP being used
3/ ASADA's SCNs were for CJC and GHRP
4/ the players' admissions were for CJC and GHRP
5/ clearly points 1 to 4 indicate that it has not always been claimed

There were claims of TB4 and CJC use before GHRP was even brought into the conversation. Just because the focus changed to CJC and GHRP doesn't mean TB4 was never linked to the club. It was one of the "Equine drugs" originally linked to Cronulla.

I'm simply stating that people on this board are conflating two separate issues
1/ Essendon support staff taking PIEDs (known 18 months ago)
2/ 34 Essendon footballers receiving generically worded SCNs for a completely different substance
worse still
some are trying to make the case that the Cronulla players were done for TB4
which is false
what's wrong with correcting false information?

When did I say they were "done" for TB4. It has always been claimed that TB4 was used at Cronulla. Just because it isn't being prosecuted on doesn't mean it was never linked to Cronulla/used at Cronulla (just like AOID-9604 is not being prosecuted for at Essendon)

Ok.

Seems to me that we are all missing the point of the article itself and the reason why it was brought up in the court case.

By what possible means of common sense was Clothier even allowed to cite the evidence gathered by ASADA? By ASADA acting in this manner and the AFL even requesting it, that's Essendon's case in its purest form.

This is not directly related to the actual circumstances of drugs may or may not being taken. it is relating to the possibility that such sharing of information is possibly illegal under the ASADA Act.

This is an example of what Middleton is being asked to rule upon.

There were claims of TB4 and CJC use before GHRP was even brought into the conversation. Just because the focus changed to CJC and GHRP doesn't mean TB4 was never linked to the club. It was one of the "Equine drugs" originally linked to Cronulla.

This is the timeline from Cronulla's own review, disclosed 12 May 2013, TB4 is not mentioned, and they were not backward in discolsing the use of prohibited substances
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y-any-wrongdoing/story-fni0cx4q-1226640034131

regardless of what people may have speculated about at some early point
the focus since May 2013 was CJC and GHRP as evidenced by the conclusion to all of this
it is speculative and misleading to continue mentioning TB4 in the context of Cronulla

I still don't get the issue here. Essendon players spoke the truth and now they are arguing they wouldn't have if the afl hadn't have forced them. o_O

And again, the AFL SAT IN ON THE INTERVIEWS. None of this would have been news to them.
But there is no dispute that the AFL had the power to force them- only that ASADA were present at the same time.

I'm simply stating that people on this board are conflating two separate issues
1/ Essendon support staff taking PIEDs (known 18 months ago)
2/ 34 Essendon footballers receiving generically worded SCNs for a completely different substance
worse still
some are trying to make the case that the Cronulla players were done for TB4
which is false
what's wrong with correcting false information?

It really is refreshing to see a supporter of GWS care so greatly about justice for the EFC that he spends his time posting in defence of EFC on this board. It's really sweet of you.

How did you rate the GWS season this year? And Leon Cameron's first year as coach? Trade for picks to spread the age profile down or for experienced players to bring it up?

Ok.

Seems to me that we are all missing the point of the article itself and the reason why it was brought up in the court case.

By what possible means of common sense was Clothier even allowed to cite the evidence gathered by ASADA? By ASADA acting in this manner and the AFL even requesting it, that's Essendon's case in its purest form.

This is not directly related to the actual circumstances of drugs may or may not being taken. it is relating to the possibility that such sharing of information is possibly illegal under the ASADA Act.

Because the AFL's powers were used to get that evidence no? Are you suggesting the AFL should be able to unhear what it has heard? That seems very illogical to me.

Ok.

Because on top of the Court case and what it may or may not mean from a legal sense, people also like to discuss and theorise on what happened at Essendon. Also many people don't think that even if Essendon get away with a technicality that it will absolve them or prove their innocence. Only proving their innocence will achieve that.

Yes Clothier may have been privy to information he shouldn't, however the fact that information (as reported) implies that Essendon Players were not the gullible fools some would have use believe. Is a bigger story with more interest to the common HTB Punter, than an AFL official getting some light reading.

It really is refreshing to see a supporter of GWS care so greatly about justice for the EFC that he spends his time posting in defence of EFC on this board. It's really sweet of you.

How did you rate the GWS season this year? And Leon Cameron's first year as coach? Trade for picks to spread the age profile down or for experienced players to bring it up?

1/ this isn't the place to discuss GWS
2/ other GWS supporters will vouch for my presence on the GWS boards
3/ it's not really about EFC
4/ it's about the fact that this was a sham from the very start, and should be exposed as such

Ok.

Keep on fighting side issues while ignoring the real issues.

Well 46 posts on his thread and GG is the only one flying the flag for Essendon. Wonder what that means.
that Essendon supporters are focused more on their upcoming final than going round in circles probably.

Coupled with the fact there is nothing really to get too worked up about about an affadavit of a document shown to Clothier by the AFL before the interim report, given the interim report stated there was not sufficient evidence at that time. Further coupled with the fact that ASADA gave NRL players "no significant fault" for using multiple prohibited substances.

I'd much rather focus on the game than play round and round with the usual suspects. I did have a chuckle at the "disgrace" call by MaddAdam that they have to play Essendon in a final though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1/ this isn't the place to discuss GWS
2/ other GWS supporters will vouch for my presence on the GWS boards
3/ it's not really about EFC
4/ it's about the fact that this was a sham from the very start, and should be exposed as such
Really. Last 200 posts since June 26 not one at GWS board. Most here, a few at EFC board.

Hilarious, a nothing article with no evidence aside from the opinion of an ASADA operative - an organisation that clearly can't be trusted.

What a flock of agenda driven, uncritical sheep you lot are.

Because the AFL's powers were used to get that evidence no? Are you suggesting the AFL should be able to unhear what it has heard? That seems very illogical to me.

If, as you suggest, the AFL used it's powers to get that evidence then it seems to me that we don't even need ASADA.

Surely we should expect the AFl to use the evidence it has gathered to bring the axe down on the whole club. The trouble with that ,of course, is that we cannot trust them to hit the EFC with anything harder than a slightly damp sock.

that Essendon supporters are focused more on their upcoming final than going round in circles probably.

Coupled with the fact there is nothing really to get too worked up about about an affadavit of a document shown to Clothier by the AFL before the interim report, given the interim report stated there was not sufficient evidence at that time. Further coupled with the fact that ASADA gave NRL players "no significant fault" for using multiple prohibited substances.

I'd much rather focus on the game than play round and round with the usual suspects. I did have a chuckle at the "disgrace" call by MaddAdam that they have to play Essendon in a final though
What a surprise. Typical Eessendon supporter. More worried about the brand rather than the players being injected with prohibited substances

Yet here you are. You'll need to play a lot better than you did against the Carlton reserves or it will be the only final you'll be playing, so make the most if it.:p

to be fair, if i believed essendon were innocent i would be arguing heavily for them too.

but they arent.

so i wont.

Yet here you are. You'll need to play a lot better than you did against the Carlton reserves or it will be the only final you'll be playing, so make the most if it.:p
true that. But I think we had an eye to next week, rightly or wrongly. Going to be a cracker game.

Oh s**t, did I really just talk about football on this board? I expect I'll receive an infraction shortly for going OT, see you in a while

Cover ups are bloody hard yakka.

But the stakeholders will always give them a go to try and sucker the blind followers, to beat down the gullible....and because there is always compliant/partial media who will give it a burl if fed in handy to distribute doses.

EFC team doped in 2012....the brainchild of Corcoran and Hird.

The 2 years following are now cover up folklore.

Massive widespread damage.

All to hide the truth of team doping and the reputation of a Club hero.

All who participated are stained.

This has nothing to do with this issue. But I love the use of the word 'stained'.

Oh s**t, did I really just talk about football on this board? I expect I'll receive an infraction shortly for going OT, see you in a while

you will get your infraction in the mail.

but if you pay now, you will receive a smaller infraction.

pl_729_pso_20121206162042462303-620x349.jpg

hilarious on 360 last night - slobbo stood up for the diver over criticism by Shane the spinner over his diving. Slobbo said - Shane took banned substances - the went on to happily chat with jabber and the assistant injection room manager
Funny stuff.

Kinda like Robbo carrying on about Trigg being signed off by the AFL to take the job at Carlton, only to then write his "Ode to James" masterpiece days later, squealing of the injustice that James wasn't welcomed straight back into the coaches box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back