Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Both Glenorchy & Lauderdale are unhappy about playing on a Sunday at 1.00 pm. Not say I blame them especially with all the Junior football finals on Sunday, as Alan Munnings of Sandy Bay has posted in the comments why not play it Saturday night ? and keep everyone Happy (no common sense Shaun Young)
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...schedule-shocker/story-fnj4f7h7-1227036630882

I wondered why they would play on sunday. The other TSL final is up north on saturday. That doesnt seem to worry the NTFL/NTFA.
Anyway who would be going to the SFL one day & the TSL the next? What if they wanted to go & watch the junior finals being played on sunday as well.
It will cost both clubs bar trade after the game.
Both clubs seem pissed off about it.
I wonder if the 'party boys' thought it would be safer if the game was on sunday so they wouldnt hit the turps before driving home:rolleyes:

Games went to script on the weekend, well sort of!
Geez whats happened at Storm? What a blow out (pun intended:p) Do they have the heart to come up for next week?
Glenorchy faded as I thought. I recon they could have won it if Cornelius played as they didnt seem too far off the pace at times.
Storm v Lauderdale, Lauderdale favorites one would think.
Clarence V Northern Bombers. May depend on whether Tarrant plays? Is that on Sunday so as not to clash with the all important SFL Preliminary final:rolleyes:

Selections anyone?

Sarcastic comments anyone?:rolleyes:

Geez whats happened at Storm? What a blow out (pun intended:p) Do they have the heart to come up for next week?
Glenorchy faded as I thought. I recon they could have won it if Cornelius played as they didnt seem too far off the pace at times.
Clarence V Northern Bombers. May depend on whether Tarrant plays? Is that on Sunday so as not to clash with the all important SFL Preliminary final:rolleyes:

Selections anyone?

Laudedale and North Launceston to get the chocolates this week, setting up an Eastern Shore prelim.

Selections anyone?

Selections anyone?

If you look at North Launceston's performance over the course of the season they didn't really seem to stand out as a real premiership threat but in the last couple of weeks they have really looked good and I am tipping them to be beat Clarence this weekend. They are very young and enthusiastic and Tarrant gives them a massive target up forward. They are extremely well coached, Zane Littlejohn puts a huge amount of planning in to their games and he has done a great job rebuilding the club. Of course Clarence cant be under estimated but their results in the second half of the season showed they can be beaten and they will have to be at their very best to beat the Bombers. In the other game I think Lauderdale will beat Western Storm. The Storm seem to have run their race. If the 2 results go the way I think they will that will set up massive pre final between Clarence and Lauderdale. I think it would be worth the drive from the North West Coast to watch that game if it eventuates.

If its Clarence vs Lauderdale Prelim Final it will make the 1945 VFL grand final bloodbath look like a social game....Cue evil Laugh and who ever wins will be missing players either in Hospital or rubbed out by the tribunal.

Last edited:
If its Clarence vs Lauderdale Prelim Final it will make the 1945 VFL grand final bloodbath look like a social game....Cue evil Laugh and who ever wins will be missing players either in Hospital or rubbed out by the tribunal.

Hope this match does happen, not to many times in recent years where you get excited about an TSL match, but this one could be a beauty.

Hope this match does happen, not to many times in recent years where you get excited about an TSL match, but this one could be a beauty.

We have a little way to go before that match up occurs. I think the 2nd semi between Clarence & N Launy at Boot Park could be a good battle in itself.

Its a pity its being played on saturday in opposition the the SFL preliminary final. That seemed such an issue last week, but not now:rolleyes:

Lauderdale dont want to be thinking about Grand finals or playing Clarence just yet. They have the little matter of playing a game or two first!!

We have a little way to go before that match up occurs. I think the 2nd semi between Clarence & N Launy at Boot Park could be a good battle in itself.

Its a pity its being played on saturday in opposition the the SFL preliminary final. That seemed such an issue last week, but not now:rolleyes:

Lauderdale dont want to be thinking about Grand finals or playing Clarence just yet. They have the little matter of playing a game or two first!!

Burt out doesn't help North's cause.

How did he get 'just' a week for that? You get more for a bump these days!
Hard to work these decisions out come finals time. Whatever any of the administrators say players get treated more leniently at this time of year. Charges that you would normally expect to receive a certain number of weeks get discounted by a lot or even suspended sentences issued instead. We had a similar outcome up the Coast this week. Latrobe coach Dale Perry gave the umpires a spray in the Advocate and was subsequently charged for that by the NTFL. They gave him a 4 week suspension and then suspended the whole lot of it. You have to wonder how that could happen. They deemed the offence serious enough to impose a 4 week suspension then he gets away without serving any of those weeks. Go figure.

Hard to work these decisions out come finals time. Whatever any of the administrators say players get treated more leniently at this time of year. Charges that you would normally expect to receive a certain number of weeks get discounted by a lot or even suspended sentences issued instead. We had a similar outcome up the Coast this week. Latrobe coach Dale Perry gave the umpires a spray in the Advocate and was subsequently charged for that by the NTFL. They gave him a 4 week suspension and then suspended the whole lot of it. You have to wonder how that could happen. They deemed the offence serious enough to impose a 4 week suspension then he gets away without serving any of those weeks. Go figure.

So he got 4 weeks for criticising the umpires but you get 1 week for elbowing someone in the head. I also see another North Launy guy got 2 weeks for punching out a Glenorchy players behind play when they played 3 weeks ago, apparently they caught it on video.

Also of course we have TSL footy played against the SFL preliminary final this week, but last week they had to play the TSL on saturday!

Why doesnt any of that surprise me. Welcome to the world of 'well run' Tasmanian football:rolleyes:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Eastern Shore Side Loss and were overrun in the last quarter, a Pity for Southern Football Fans no Lauderdale vs Clarence Preliminary Final :(.
Lauderdale going down to the Storm by 7 points
Clarence going down to the North Launnie Bomber's by 5 points
Wow what Price were North Launceston on making the GF at the start of the year?

Tough break for both Clubs can Clarence recover next week?

Last edited:
Both Eastern Shore Side Loss and were overrun in the last quarter, a Pity for Southern Football Fans no Lauderdale vs Clarence Preliminary Final :(.
Lauderdale going down to the Storm by 7 points
Clarence going down to the North Launnie Bomber's by 5 points
Wow what Price were North Launceston on making the GF at the start of the year?

Tough break for both Clubs can Clarence recover next week?

Well Lauderdale would be disappointed. May have counted their chickens a bit early?. Maybe Clarence did too when they were well up in the last quarter:rolleyes: Both were overrun at the end.
Western Storm may be back in town so Clarence will need to pull themselves together for the big Prelim at Bellerive. No GF at the Clarence home ground now!! And North Launy will be hoping their good luck at the tribunal will continue with Tarrant being up on a charge. (Fancy being reported for biffing a Clarence player, should get a medal:p)
Anyway the GF looks to be a good one whoever gets to join the bombers in the big dance at York Park in a fortnight

Well Lauderdale would be disappointed. May have counted their chickens a bit early?. Maybe Clarence did too when they were well up in the last quarter:rolleyes: Both were overrun at the end.
Western Storm may be back in town so Clarence will need to pull themselves together for the big Prelim at Bellerive. No GF at the Clarence home ground now!! And North Launy will be hoping their good luck at the tribunal will continue with Tarrant being up on a charge. (Fancy being reported for biffing a Clarence player, should get a medal:p)
Anyway the GF looks to be a good one whoever gets to join the bombers in the big dance at York Park in a fortnight
Without taking sides between Western Storm and Lauderdale I think it is a pity that Lauderdale didnt win on Saturday as it would have set up a huge crowd pulling game between them and Clarence. Clarence must still be in a spin wondering how they lost that game against the Bombers on Saturday but I doubt that there are that many people out there who feel sorry for them. Western Storm beat Clarence comfortably in their one meeting this year so Clarence will have their work cut out to win on Saturday. Could the unthinkable happen and Clarence go out in straight sets ? Its certainly a real possibility. Regarding the Tarrant report I wonder what people think that saw the incident of his chances of getting off the charge. I might add you have to be desperately unlucky to get suspended at this time of the year !

Without taking sides between Western Storm and Lauderdale I think it is a pity that Lauderdale didnt win on Saturday as it would have set up a huge crowd pulling game between them and Clarence. Clarence must still be in a spin wondering how they lost that game against the Bombers on Saturday but I doubt that there are that many people out there who feel sorry for them. Western Storm beat Clarence comfortably in their one meeting this year so Clarence will have their work cut out to win on Saturday. Could the unthinkable happen and Clarence go out in straight sets ? Its certainly a real possibility. Regarding the Tarrant report I wonder what people think that saw the incident of his chances of getting off the charge. I might add you have to be desperately unlucky to get suspended at this time of the year !

There was zero chance Tarrant was getting suspended, AFLTAS want him in the Grand Final as a crowd puller. Not sure Lauderdale would have gone much further had they have gotten over the Storm. With ruckman Aden Johnston being injured in the game and having already lost back up ruckman Haydn Smith to the Storm mid season they wouldn't have been able to cover him with Jamie DI Ienno, Alex Hill and Josh Roberts all out injured as well which would have made it hard to free Jack Siggins from the backline. It probably summed up there season anyway with too many injuries and being a bit inconsistent in the first half of the season costing them in the end.

Maybe Tarrant didnt get suspended because what he did didnt actually warrant a suspension ? As for Lauderdale , well there is always excuses isnt there....

Maybe Tarrant didnt get suspended because what he did didnt actually warrant a suspension ? As for Lauderdale , well there is always excuses isnt there....

No excuses, just didn't end up being good enough, like I said they had too many injuries during the year and an in-consistent first half of the season cost them in the end, both there own faults.

I wonder what the agreement was to let him live in Launy & play in Devonport? Perhaps he has to agree to drive if Shaun Young or Wadey if they wanted to hit the gas on the coast at any time?

Honestly, what does living an hour from your office have to do with it?

Yeah I don't know, I guess maybe they initially feared he was just doing it for the cash and wouldn't engage with the community in the Devonport area but they have obviously worked through it all and the right decision has been made.

Unbelievable, the Examiner are making out they broke this story, WIN News had this story 3 weeks ago and again last night.Phil Edwards claiming some kind of scoop, obviously watched WIN last night.the Mercury would be spewing too, they think it's their god given right to break all the news.

I think the mercury only just broke the news about D-Day!:p. The rest of them wouldnt be much better either:rolleyes:

Social media would blitz any of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back