Why do cats go mental after taking a dump?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2018 - Colyer, Fantasia, McDonald-Tipungwuti and McKernan Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
Anyone else have a cat that howls and runs around like a psycho after taking a big crap?
Anyone know why they do it?

This might help http://www.problempets.co.uk/casestudies/madcats.asp

It's described as the daily 'mad half hour' which appears to affects most cats; they are all about expending energy in one concentrated burst.
It mentions that all play behaviour is a prelude for the real thing like 'prey stalking, hunting, attacking and predation in nature.'

'Taking a dump' can trigger this in other cats based on a google search.

• Banned
  • Banned
Haha going to feed my cat some pork now

My cat does this post dump.

Every morning, without fail. I will hear the song of her people, this mad, guttural (for a kitten) "MMOOUUUUYOWYOW" from downstairs. I arrive to be greeted with claws to ankle and a cat that appears to have been eating pure amphetamines.

Good to see that my cat isn't the only spaz. Was getting concerned.

I'm assuming it works on the same principle as a mother eagle with her eggs. The cat is just being protective most likely. Don't touch it's droppings and everyone will get on fine. Hope that helps.

Edit: Sorry thought this was on the General Discussion board for some reason. Wouldn't have posted the stupid reply otherwise.

Last edited:
One of the more interesting subject headings on BF.
I love teasing the s**t out of my cat.
Had a laser pointer a few years ago and he used to chase it up the wall.
I would wave the laser pointer over my 12 year old son while he was sitting there watching TV, he had no idea what was happening until Oscar leapt, claws out, onto his shoulder chasing the imaginary red dot.
Down the hallway, up the wall, didn't matter where it was ******* sensational to watch.
Our cat will skitz out in the evening occasionally. Just run for no reason, then stop perched on the top of the couch as if he's on the lookout for someone stalking him.
We'll walk out the front door towards the driveway and the cat will bolt across the front lawn to launch himself at our backs as if it's some kind of violent game of hide and seek.
The best entertainment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back