Opinion End of 2014 ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I love how you penciled that in as soon as Melbourne won.

It's frustrating because we dominated melbourne but still lost....I wouldn't be surprised if we somehow gave the crows a run for their money next week.

I waited a couple of hours while I have been reading some cracking melt down threads.

I think next week is huge - 8 point game. Sportsbet have it as $1.90 each. I think you will miss the 8 with a loss with cats and port to follow.

Watsons injury and ASADAs infraction notices are too much.
The lack of a tall target hurts also. May still finish 8th but that will be decided next week IMO.

On the top 8, realistically teams 5-7 could beat a top 4 2nd week side but will be canon fodder come prelim weekend If they get that far.
As usual finish top 4 or make up numbers.

Watsons injury and ASADAs infraction notices are too much.
The lack of a tall target hurts also. May still finish 8th but that will be decided next week IMO.

On the top 8, realistically teams 5-7 could beat a top 4 2nd week side but will be canon fodder come prelim weekend If they get that far.
As usual finish top 4 or make up numbers.
I didn't know Watson's injury caused us to kick 10.17

Jobe Watson - I would say in this early part of the year TAB is winning- easily 79-58.

The big busts for both is Port - both 10 spots out.

Tigers, Blues, Cats are hurting you where as the Blues and Suns are hurting the TAB. The

TAB have 5 teams currently sitting in the correct postion.

Man V Machine - my money is still on the machine!!
Thought I'd give this a bump as we edge closer to the end of the year.

You can do your own adding up just to double check because I've most probably made a mistake or two along the way, by but my rough calculations, the score now sits at 46-50 in the TABs favour (method I used is, for example, if I predict the Bombers to finish 4th and they're 12th overall, it would be a +8).

Not bad considering my Richmond and Geelong predictions are looking way off (I would've taken the safe, easy, reasonable option to put Geelong back into the 8 if I knew my October predictions were going to turn into a contest). Currently have the Syd/Haw 1-2 spot on and the bottom 5 close to right, TAB have nailed Pies and Essendon and were much more conservative with Richmond and West Coast.

Turning into a decent contest now! Need the Bombers to storm home and Adelaide drop off a bit.

Last edited:
ecaf2ee2ad514964dc39ee3b62c63765.png
How I got this.. well..

*Sydney not to lose for the rest of the year
*Geelong to lose to only North due to poor form and Fremantle at SS.
*Injury ridden Hawthorn to lose to Geelong due to they usually do, lose to full strength Sydney at the MCG and Fremantle in Perth
*Port to lose to Collingwood at the MCG, Port's injured key backmen will be missing against the 5 million dollar full strength Sydney forward line at AO so another loss, and to Freo in Perth.
*Alike Sydney, Freo shall go 7-0 in the final 7 rounds.
*Collingwood will go 6-1 and fall to the Hawks in the last round.
*North to demolish St Kilda, Melbourne, GWS & Bulldogs and get ugly wins over Geelong, Adelaide & Carlton. 7-0.

Due to Collingwood, Port and Hawthorn's injuries they shall miss the top 4, while Geelong has a reasonably easy draw and poor form we at one stage at 13 injuries and now have 3 and because of North's weak draw both North and Geelong should barely make the four. That's how I got this Ladder Prediction however I don't think this is right BUT I think the amount of premiership points are, maybe just not the order.

essendon to only lose 1 more game? You will start underdogs in at least two.
It's conceivable that we only lose to Sydney. Collingwood may depend on Goddard

I have you losing 2 and missing the 8. Would love you to get that 8th spot.
Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if we dropped two or more and missed out. Making finals is a hopeful prediction but not out of the question. I'm willing to tolerate your smugness about accurately predicting where we would finish if it means we play finals - especially if we face North.

Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if we dropped two or more and missed out. Making finals is a hopeful prediction but not out of the question. I'm willing to tolerate your smugness about accurately predicting where we would finish if it means we play finals - especially if we face North.
Even a 9th finish will have me up and about. Perfect, perfect and 1 spot different. You need to pay closer attention next March - will give you a good guide as what to expect.

Wanting to face us depends on who runs out. If the best cant get close when we are on - essendon are no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the Pies are also under the pump. They could be out of the 8 this time next week. This game should have been on Saturday night.
* no. We never play afternoon games, about time we have one

You can do your own adding up just to double check because I've most probably made a mistake or two along the way, by but my rough calculations, the score now sits at 46-50 in the TABs favour (method I used is, for example, if I predict the Bombers to finish 4th and they're 12th overall, it would be a +8).

Not bad considering my Richmond and Geelong predictions are looking way off (I would've taken the safe, easy, reasonable option to put Geelong back into the 8 if I knew my October predictions were going to turn into a contest). Currently have the Syd/Haw 1-2 spot on and the bottom 5 close to right, TAB have nailed Pies and Essendon and were much more conservative with Richmond and West Coast.

Turning into a decent contest now! Need the Bombers to storm home and Adelaide drop off a bit.
Big finish coming up - I have it as this:

Wild Bill - 36
TAB - 46
Jobe Watson - 50

That was the way I saw it ending up by years end.

1. Fremantle Dockers - Premiers
2. Sydney Swans
3. Hawthorn Hawks
4. Geelong Cats
5. Port Adelaide Power
6. North Melbourne Kangaroos
7. Richmond Tigers
8. Essendon Bombers
9. Brisbane Lions
10. Carlton Blues
11. Collingwood Magpies
12. Gold Coast Suns
13. Adelaide Crows
14. Western Bulldogs
15. GWS Giants
16. West Coast Eagles
17. Melbourne Demons
18. St. Kilda Saints

Very solid effort.

Massive last round coming up - the gap is even closer:

TAB - 34
JW - 36
WB - 26

If I was a betting man that would have been the order I thought it would finish. Still things can change in this last round.

Massive last round coming up - the gap is even closer:

TAB - 34
JW - 36
WB - 26

If I was a betting man that would have been the order I thought it would finish. Still things can change in this last round.
Yep, looks like the conservative TAB ladder is going to edge out my ladder that I did a week or so after the Grand Final. Wish I did a follow up ladder closer to the start of the season but I didn't know my early thoughts were going to be used in a competition.

But again, the TAB isn't perfect and any average Joe could beat them if they put the work in.

Yep, looks like the conservative TAB ladder is going to edge out my ladder that I did a week or so after the Grand Final. Wish I did a follow up ladder closer to the start of the season but I didn't know my early thoughts were going to be used in a competition.

But again, the TAB isn't perfect and any average Joe could beat them if they put the work in.

I told you I was going to compare your ladder with that of the TAB. You could have changed it at any time.

Some people know more about the game than others. My 26 points will stack up very nicely against the best ladders.

I told you I was going to compare your ladder with that of the TAB. You could have changed it at any time.

Some people know more about the game than others. My 26 points will stack up very nicely against the best ladders.
Too bad you're gonna miss the three-peat.

Looks like I've got North spot on this year - and this was before I knew you'd be handed such an easy draw! I'll see if I can back it up next year.

Too bad you're gonna miss the three-peat.

Looks like I've got North spot on this year - and this was before I knew you'd be handed such an easy draw! I'll see if I can back it up next year.
It's paying around $8 to happen so I am still alive - still if you can go perfect, perfect, one off then I will pay homage as all Essendon posters will for my understanding about how good your side is.

Totals:

Wild Bill - 30
TAB - 36
Jobe Watson - 40

Some know more than the betting agencies - some less. Will you return next year?

Any other ladders get into the 20's??

Totals:

Wild Bill - 30
TAB - 36
Jobe Watson - 40

Some know more than the betting agencies - some less. Will you return next year?

Any other ladders get into the 20's??
Gee wizz, TAB only just won and that was with me going for an early Hail Mary with Geelong to finish outside the 8. Not a great endorsement for the bookie.

Yep, I will be back. Make sure to use the ladder that I put up after the trade/draft period, after the draw has been announced, after pre-season and in the actual year of the approaching season this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back