The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite surprising we're going into a CL year without upgrading our second goalkeeper.

Brad Jones is a 4th choice (at best) keeper for Australia, clearly nowhere near the standard if he needs to be called upon for a long stretch if Mignolet gets injured.

Valdes is a free agent so he can be signed at any time. Sounds like that will still go through.

For the wages that he'll want, surely it would have been better just to stick with Reina? Don't really understand this one.

Reina and Rodgers basically had a falling out, there's no way Reina was gonna stay

Valdes was apparently in Melwood today, apparently. Might've signed some pre-agreement with us already

Reina and Rodgers basically had a falling out, there's no way Reina was gonna stay

Valdes was apparently in Melwood today, apparently. Might've signed some pre-agreement with us already

That's awesome if we got Valdes on a free considering Valdes is 32. still lots of time on his side, will place some nice pressure on Mignolet to keep performing as no.1 as well.

You're only saying this because we won 3-0. If it had've stayed at 1-0 you'd be saying otherwise. Both Lovren and Sakho were bad last night, Sakho moreso because of the amount of times he gave the ball away. In fact everyone in here was complaining about our defence last night but now "nobody had a bad game." Hello?
But we didnt win 1-0? We won 3-0? You're amusing.

I did just point out that Sakho and Lovren were iffy on the weekend. They need to get better. Manquillo and Moreno were very good though, as was everyone else.

from an opposition pov, u reckon when they see gerrard they get intimidated?
I think so. He is one of those guys who is revered around Europe. The same ilk at Pirlo etc. Fellow players want to play against him so they can tell their kids etc...

He obviously isnt the player he was in his prime but I think we all forget sometimes what a legend Steven Gerrard really is.

So our final tally for the summer.

IN

Player -------- Club -------- Fee
Rickie Lambert ---- Southampton ---- £4m
Emre Can ---- Bayer Leverkusen ---- £9.75m
Adam Lallana ---- Southampton ---- £23m
Lazar Markovic ---- Benfica ---- £20m
Dejan Lovren ---- Southampton ---- £16m
Divock Origi ---- Lille ---- £10m
Javier Manquillo ---- Atletico Madrid ---- Loan
Alberto Moreno ---- Sevilla ---- £12m
Mario Balotelli ---- AC Milan ---- £16m
£110.75m

OUT

Luis Suarez ---- Barcelona ---- £75m
Conor Coady ---- Huddersfield Town ---- £0.5m
Pepe Reina ---- Bayern Munich ---- £2m
Martin Kelly ---- Crystal Palace ---- £1.5m
Kristoffer Peterson ---- Utrecht ---- Undisclosed
Jack Robinson ---- QPR ---- £1m
Daniel Agger ---- Brondby ---- £3m
Krisztian Adorjan ---- Novara ---- Undisclosed
£83m

LOAN

Luis Alberto ---- Malaga ---- Loan
Iago Aspas ---- Sevilla ---- Loan
Andre Wisdom ---- WBA ---- Loan
Divock Origi ---- Lille ---- Loan
Rafa Paez ---- Bologna ---- Loan
Brad Smith ---- Swindon Town ---- Loan
Joao Carlos Texeira ---- Brighton & Hove Albion ---- Loan
Tiago Ilori ---- Bordeaux ---- Loan
Jordon Ibe ---- Derby County ---- Loan
Sebastian Coates ---- Sunderland ---- Loan
Oussama Assaidi ---- Stoke City ---- Loan (£1m)

Last edited:
Not bad, only a spend of £27m roughly. Few questions though, didn't we buy Lovren for £20m in the end?

When did Illori and Coates get loaned out? I honestly missed that with everything else that was going on.
Well I ripped that off another forum. Was Lovren 16 rising to 20? Maybe it was flat out 20 with no incentives. Not sure to be honest.

Ilori got loaned out like 2 weeks ago. You must have just missed that one. Coates was a deadline deal day to Sunderland.

With those two and Wisdom out on loan and Kelly and Agger sold. It leaves us with Lovren, Sakho, Skrtel and Toure at CB. Hmmm.

Well I ripped that off another forum. Was Lovren 16 rising to 20? Maybe it was flat out 20 with no incentives. Not sure to be honest.

Ilori got loaned out like 2 weeks ago. You must have just missed that one. Coates was a deadline deal day to Sunderland.

With those two and Wisdom out on loan and Kelly and Agger sold. It leaves us with Lovren, Sakho, Skrtel and Toure at CB. Hmmm.

I swear our initial bids were £16m but they got rejected but we had to settle for £20m.

Wisdom played in the 3-0 loss to Swansea the other day, I don't know how he did tbh. Who else was Deadline day or was it just Coates and Assaidi? I don't get the Assaidi loan either, what's the point of just loaning him out again?

Well obviously we dont want to loan players like Coates and Assaidi out. We want to sell them but nobody will take them so the next best option is to loan them so we dont have to pay their wages I guess.

I'd like Coates, Assaidi and Borini gone permanently, hopefully next summer..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well obviously we dont want to loan players like Coates and Assaidi out. We want to sell them but nobody will take them so the next best option is to loan them so we dont have to pay their wages I guess.

I'd like Coates, Assaidi and Borini gone permanently, hopefully next summer..

I want to keep Coates, he has talent. The other two and Aspas can leave.

Assaidi and Borini still being in our books piss me off a bit

Assaidi asks for ridiculous wages when Stoke was willing to pay 7 mil for him and now we have to send him on loan there and likely paying parts of his wages? campaigner

Borini asking for 90k per week, basically wanting to be on more money than Mario, now he'll just rot on the pine here? campaigner

I have always liked Coates, but two management teams have refused to play him, so who knows what could be wrong with him, maybe the lack of pace

He'll do well in a midtable team or something. He is instantly an improvement on those old pricks in defense at Sunderland

I thought he was quite good in the pre season. No idea why Rodgers would rather Yaya Toures brother over Coates.

I thought he was quite good in the pre season. No idea why Rodgers would rather Yaya Toures brother over Coates.

Well i guess I'd rather an aging CB as 4th choice than a young one who can play every week somewhere else

But Coates seems to have slept with every Liverpool manager's daughter, Kenny wouldn't play him even ahead of a declining Carra and Rodgers just refused to even try it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back