General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-09-01/my-best-game-yet-for-club-kent

EXCITING small forward Dean Kent says he gained plenty of confidence from arguably his best AFL match yet against North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Saturday night.

Kent, who played arguably his best match yet with three goals and a hand in Tom McDonald’s first two goals in the AFL, said he could enter pre-season with some extra confidence in his game.

“I’d say so [that it was my best AFL match so far],” he toldmelbournefc.com.au.

Matty Burgan a bit off his game here.

JackAttack7 said:
Matty Burgan a bit off his game here.
i don't know about that, reading some other articles of the AFL web site, burgo is about equal if not a little better than some of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you even read the article? I'm pretty sure he's saying that arguably it's his best game yet.

I don't need to read the article because it's obvious that arguably it's his best game yet. If you asked him I reckon he'd say "I'd say so".

"Byrnesy reckons we’re one of the hardest groups he’s trained with, so we’ve just got to bring it out on game day and have a red hot crack. Roosy was saying it was going to be a brutal pre-season, so all of the boys should be confident going into next year.” thanks for the sarcasm Shannon

"Byrnesy reckons we’re one of the hardest groups he’s trained with, so we’ve just got to bring it out on game day and have a red hot crack. Roosy was saying it was going to be a brutal pre-season, so all of the boys should be confident going into next year.” thanks for the sarcasm Shannon
I think he means 'hard' in that you have to work hard to get the ball when a teammate kicks it 5m away from you. At the Cats he would have been getting it lace out without breaking stride. Much more efficient.

I think he means 'hard' in that you have to work hard to get the ball when a teammate kicks it 5m away from you. At the Cats he would have been getting it lace out without breaking stride. Much more efficient.

Yeah it's like trying to play kick to kick with your missus when she just slams it on the boot and it goes anywhere , much harder than rocking back an taking it above your eyes all the time

Yep. It's often much easier to train when you're one of the worst players in a side, rather than one of the better or (at least for Byrnesy) more experienced players.

Yeah it's like trying to play kick to kick with your missus when she just slams it on the boot and it goes anywhere , much harder than rocking back an taking it above your eyes all the time

This happens to you too huh? Last time we played kick to kick on the oval at a VFL match I completely knackerated myself retrieving the ball, I swear she had to be doing it on purpose

This happens to you too huh? Last time we played kick to kick on the oval at a VFL match I completely knackerated myself retrieving the ball, I swear she had to be doing it on purpose

Mate the ball drop in itself was like watching a horror movie
If there was a heat map of where the foot made contact the ball I reckon it would look like the sun

May or May not have aimed the odd stab pass at her nose

Mate the ball drop in itself was like watching a horror movie
If there was a heat map of where the foot made contact the ball I reckon it would look like the sun

May or May not have aimed the odd stab pass at her nose

Haha nice. At the GWS game kick to kick we ventured out again, two American back pack chicks asked if they could have a kick, we obliged, and I'll be buggered they actually held the ball properly and kicked drop punts that spun properly and went straight over 15 metres. Wtf. Meanwhile when the missus kicks it im running around apologising to everyone else for coping a ball to the face. May or may not have given away a sliding free kick against the missus in the carpark afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back