Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Dusties look like they are cruising to a premiership here. 4 games in and they have comfortably accounted for probably their two biggest challengers in Longwarry and Buln Buln.

Would have been good to see how they went against the likes of Cora Lynn, Koo Wee Rup and Lang Lang.

Dusties look like they are cruising to a premiership here. 4 games in and they have comfortably accounted for probably their two biggest challengers in Longwarry and Buln Buln.

Would have been good to see how they went against the likes of Cora Lynn, Koo Wee Rup and Lang Lang.
probably most disappointing in that league so far is poowong being 0-4 but last year they did finish wooden spoon and ellinbank havent been going so well either

Nyora were unlucky yesterday, we kicked a goal with 30 seconds to go to get back in front. We should have been 6 or 7 goals up at half time though but kept kicking points. Nyora have some pretty handy players, one bloke kicked 3 goals from right on the boundary in 3 different pockets was pretty impressive. The umpiring was terrible all day as well the standard really needs to pick up but the lower sides seem to get the worst umpires.

still a good win by nilma darnum to beat nyora who started off 3-0 :) good to see them winning
longwarry surprised me beating buln buln

Longaz looking very good this year. Big win against the Dusties has evened the comp up a bit. No teams undefeated now in 2's or 1's.

Trouble at Poowong after their winless start to the season with coach Ron Hampton pulling the pin. Clinton Rowe has taken over. Not sure whether he jumped or was pushed?

If you believe the rumours he was going to pushed after this week but jumped before. Good luck to Clinton Rowe great bloke and hopefully can get them on the improve.

I'm not sure what Poowong thought was going to happen this year. They were an absolute basket case last year and lost their best two players over the offseason in Zeke Lamb and Matt Grant. Looking at their scores from this year they have only lost over 10 goals on the one occasion and that was when they kicked 5.14 against Nyora. Surely people at the club didn't expect finals this year. It just doesn't happen like that. We saw with Nilma Darnum when they spent all the cash it took them a few years to get it right.

Very harsh on Hampton if he was pushed.

Here's a photo from the weekend, they were hunting Zeke all day and this "contest" ended his day. I hope the bloke got reported and got weeks for it. Weak as piss! zeke.jpg

Reported for what exactly? Can't tell much from that picture, just looks like Zeke has dropped back in front of the forward and he's made him earn it. Would happen countless times in a game of football.

I only know Zeke from when I played against him last year, he seems like a nice enough bloke but surely you have to expect a bit of extra attention when you play against your old side. If I was playing against an ex-teammate who left to play for another team in the same league I'd be disappointed if my teammates didn't make the ex-player earn every kick he got that day.

Reported for what exactly? Can't tell much from that picture, just looks like Zeke has dropped back in front of the forward and he's made him earn it. Would happen countless times in a game of football.

I only know Zeke from when I played against him last year, he seems like a nice enough bloke but surely you have to expect a bit of extra attention when you play against your old side. If I was playing against an ex-teammate who left to play for another team in the same league I'd be disappointed if my teammates didn't make the ex-player earn every kick he got that day.

There's a difference between earning kicks and flat out being a sniper. The bloke is obviously not attempting to get the ball. Just there to hurt him. Earning your kicks should mean going hard at the ball and hitting the ball and each other hard to get it. You shouldn't have to watch out for knees and fists when playing, whoever it's against. Just a bad look really.

First of all I must say I wasn't at the game but was rang by non biased people to tell me what had happened then of course rang people from our club to find out what happened, Poowong may have a complete different version to this. Surkin apparently he was standing still receiving the ball and the force from the knee to his back made it look like he was about to mark it. The attempted round house missed luckily. The blokes been doing it all year not just to us. Shane Brewster apparently copped it the week before. Blokes shouldn't miss weeks of footy just because some one wants to go around kneeing and kicking blokes all day. No Idea on the police being called we did have a 3rds kids taken by ambo to hospital from an accidental head injury in which he lost all feeling in his legs but is ok now. I'm all for making blokes that leave clubs to "earn" their kicks when playing their old opposition and the banter can be fun but to go out and deliberately try to hurt blokes and take them out is not on. Apparently the resulting all in brawl was enjoyed by the crowd but not by some of our Junior kids parents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I agree with both the above comments. I wasn't saying he should have been kneed, kicked or punched. Those things are outside both the rules and the spirit of the game.

Obviously I wasn't at the game so can't comment on what did or didn't happen, just saying that any player who leaves to play for another in the same league has to expect some degree of attention. If he was bumped every time he ran past a Poowong player for the day I wouldn't have an issue with that. Punching, kicking and kneeing clearly though goes beyond that and shouldn't happen at any level.

In light of all this a mate just posted this Video to facebook. At least our game isn't like this these days haha. Some good old biff from the 80's at Crib Point.

No found out today the cops were called because of the punch on on the ground. A Poowong player ended up with concussion after which is no good. There is an Investigation going from both clubs into the game and 2 umpires that umpired on the day have retired.

So after seeing the dusties lose by plenty to longwarry, and get beaten by darnum over the weekend, who do people think everyone will finish? My tip is Longwarry for the flag, and Buln runners up. Dusties to lose before the grand final once again after promising heaps.

Tips for Saturday? I'll go Neerim 3rds, Buln Reserves and Longwarry Seniors.

The positive response the club has received has been massive as well. Our facebook page has had another 50 likes since the announcement. Not sure on how many are coming with him but a good coach attracts quality players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back