Smart drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Originally invented for narcolepsy etc, but thought to be very effective as cognitive enhancers (smart drugs), and awesome for staying awake too without the side-effects of amphetamines etc, as well as being extremely good for focus, for intense work or study.

The main ones are probably Modafinil and Artmodafinil. Anyone had any experience with them?

(there was a thread on here from 3 years ago about Modafinil but it was more about what it's actually prescribed for, and it didn't get many responses, hence the new thread)

Originally invented for narcolepsy etc, but thought to be very effective as cognitive enhancers (smart drugs), and awesome for staying awake too without the side-effects of amphetamines etc, as well as being extremely good for focus, for intense work or study.

The main ones are probably Modafinil and Artmodafinil. Anyone had any experience with them?

(there was a thread on here from 3 years ago about Modafinil but it was more about what it's actually prescribed for, and it didn't get many responses, hence the new thread)

Call the EFC Football Department. Surely they have researched this. Tania's probably got the notes too. :)

Been trying to get my hands on Provigil for some time now but they're not on our prescriber system yet.

Can get them illegally but the prices are somewhat prohibitive....well, at least until you know what they really can do.

Doing L-Carnitine and there are some benefits initially but think the main gain may have somewhat worn off by now. Hard to tell.

Been trying to get my hands on Provigil for some time now but they're not on our prescriber system yet.

Can get them illegally but the prices are somewhat prohibitive....well, at least until you know what they really can do.

Doing L-Carnitine and there are some benefits initially but think the main gain may have somewhat worn off by now. Hard to tell.

cheers.

I can certainly recommend the Nuvigil.

Last edited:
cheers.

I can certainly recommend the Nuvigil. Definitely worth the price I think.

I'm somewhat surprised people aren't at least interested in investigating these drugs.
Legal in many countries and can be purchased without prescription.

How long before effects kick in Lance Uppercut ?
Are there any downsides in your experience?
Can they be addictive or at least habit forming?
Have you experienced any side effects?

What else can you add?

I'm somewhat surprised people aren't at least interested in investigating these drugs.
Legal in many countries and can be purchased without prescription.

How long before effects kick in Lance Uppercut ?
Are there any downsides in your experience?
Can they be addictive or at least habit forming?
Have you experienced any side effects?

What else can you add?
I find they kick in pretty quickly. If I have one when I wake up, I'm pretty psyched by the time I leave the house. I haven't used them long-term, but found no side effects at all. No headache, no "come down", no jitters or sketchiness like speed. Apparently they aren't addictive at all, although I'd imagine you would miss the focused feeling. For me, I just find them the ideal drug. I don't know if it's sleep apnea or just working in an office, but I get tired often through the day, and with these I just don't. I am focused, and just feel myself which is great.

been using armodafinil (wakalert) for a while. bought from onemedstore.com and after some issues everything went smoothly. bought in bulk so price isn't too restrictive. no issues with customs.

felt a bit speedy at first, but otherwise very good. reduces brain fog and general tiredness, increase concentration noticeably.

no side effects to speak of besides a little cotton mouth when i first started taking them. though apparently these are not good for your kidneys or liver on a long-term basis according to one of my friends who is a med student and another frequent user.

been using armodafinil (wakalert) for a while. bought from onemedstore.com and after some issues everything went smoothly. bought in bulk so price isn't too restrictive. no issues with customs.

felt a bit speedy at first, but otherwise very good. reduces brain fog and general tiredness, increase concentration noticeably.

no side effects to speak of besides a little cotton mouth when i first started taking them. though apparently these are not good for your kidneys or liver on a long-term basis according to one of my friends who is a med student and another frequent user.
interesting because there is so little literature out there about long term effects, and I've never seen anything linking it to kidneys or liver, but wouldn't be surprised.

Can I ask what daily dosage you use armodafinil at?

I find they kick in pretty quickly. If I have one when I wake up, I'm pretty psyched by the time I leave the house. I haven't used them long-term, but found no side effects at all. No headache, no "come down", no jitters or sketchiness like speed. Apparently they aren't addictive at all, although I'd imagine you would miss the focused feeling. For me, I just find them the ideal drug. I don't know if it's sleep apnea or just working in an office, but I get tired often through the day, and with these I just don't. I am focused, and just feel myself which is great.

No problems sleeping with them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been on Modafinil for about 12 months. Managed to convince my neuro to prescribe it (MS fatigue).First time I took it, felt like my old self again for the first time since diagnosis. Nil side effects. Highly recommend.

checkraiseulite, what's the cost of the online meds? They're not PBS listed for MS, so it's bloody expensive

Been on Modafinil for about 12 months. Managed to convince my neuro to prescribe it (MS fatigue).First time I took it, felt like my old self again for the first time since diagnosis. Nil side effects. Highly recommend.

checkraiseulite, what's the cost of the online meds? They're not PBS listed for MS, so it's bloody expensive
less than $2 per pill.

I got 60 + 12 free, but they actually sent 20 free. So 80 pills inc. postage for about $150

So this s**t really works?

Done some research on Modafinil and Provigil a while back. Thought about a bullshit story for my doctor to get some prescribed (can't remember which one is on the PBS) but got chickenshit and balked. Have long thought about ordering online from onemedstore but, again, shitscared about customs.
For those that have either had them prescribed or ordered online, can you advise your stories and procedure for getting through customs effectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back