How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And at the end of all the video edits I will make a long one with all of them in one - and we will see how many of those possessions are worth a pinch of s**t. Based on the vids so far it will be a short short list
And to think that bigcox reckoned you were doing the videos objectively. That you didn't think he was s**t. Haha

I trust the footy experts that have played the game over Bf posters ..

With all due respect and I include myself in this ....we are not the experts ...sorry to state that and blow up some egos here ...

Just because you have 20,000 bf posts doesn't make you a footy expert.

Selectors that have played in grand finals, been all Australian players and I think they know what separates good players from average ones ...they have stood in the middle of the MCG with 100kg blokes running at you in front of 85,000 people.

Most of us here haven't ...but some talk here like they have

I have stated this before many media experts and like I said some of them have played the game rate priddis highly and you know what I trust that judgement

Priddis is genuine quality Afl player and has done super well

Good on him

And yes all the haters will be frothing at the mouth barking how he's no good ......how about writing a letter to selectors or emailing them .......get on talk back and vent

But the fact remains real experts rate him highly and that's good enough for me

Good old stats gotta love stats but you conveniently left one out -
Clangers shuey 6 priddis 1 ;)

Been through this. Clangers and Disposal efficiency are only relevant when comparing players of similar potency and hurt factor. Players with low hurt factor need to be running at a higher efficiency than their more dangerous counter parts.

With all due respect and I include myself in this ....we are not the experts ...sorry to state that and blow up some egos here ...

Selectors that have played in grand finals, been all Australian players and I think they know what separates good players from average ones ...they have stood in the middle of the MCG with 100kg blokes running at you in front of 85,000 people.

I have stated this before many media experts and like I said some of them have played the game rate priddis highly and you know what I trust that judgement

Good on him

And yes all the haters will be frothing at the mouth barking how he's no good ......how about writing a letter to selectors or emailing them .......get on talk back and vent

Results speak louder than anything else.

This thread is an analytical and intellectual exercise beyond anything else. Media experts aren't in recruiting and aren't in coaching and remain at arms length to the process of discussion that is the evolution of football, the same as people here. Priddis wouldn't get drafted today, period. Not even as a mature age player, he'd probably break into Subiaco's league side a couple of years later than he did and never get a look in after that.

There are players like Priddis most years that go through the colts system and spend a few years languishing in the dev squads while crusted over club stalwarts run around boastfully at league level.

Last edited:

Good on him

Do you trust our politicians the same way as all the experts in football?

Do you think become a media expert and coach automatically makes you right?

What do you think of the fact that priddis was over looked in a number of drafts and was rookie listed by the eagles at the ripe age of 21.

What do you think of the videos kranky puts up, do you think the coaches know better than the videos in front of you?

Good on him

That's all you have

The good old experts line,

The experts never caused the GFC
Experts are never to blame for a business going into liquidation
Experts are never corrupt
Expert Medical Personnel never kill a patient on the operating table
Experts never give wrong financial information

Watch his game. What do You think about his ineffective possessions?

Good on him

Is this where you quote Dermie again and we all roll about laughing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funniest thing about this thread is even now when the season is over you guys are reliving all of his games by making and analysing videos of all the games so you have something to bitch about through the off season ! I have got to hand it to you , you are a creative bunch .
Ill be sure to post some pics of priddis in preseason mode getting ready for another season :)

Do you trust our politicians the same way as all the experts in football?

Do you think become a media expert and coach automatically makes you right?

What do you think of the fact that priddis was over looked in a number of drafts and was rookie listed by the eagles at the ripe age of 21.

What do you think of the videos kranky puts up, do you think the coaches know better than the videos in front of you?

Generally yes I do trust them ...having met a few in my jobs they do very tough job, give up s**t loads of their personal time, they aren't Piaf like company CEOs

Yep they make mistakes ...how often do you make mistakes in your job and I bet they aren't plastered over the front page of every newspaper

Some players are looked over for various reasons.....every one is different

For him they probably thought pace and kicking ...yet he's shown you can still be effective in other areas of our game

Ballentyne was overlooked also

James Podsiadly was overlooked also

Videos ....ptfff....how about showing the ones where does effective things ...they would outweigh the negative ones listed here .....selective editing is easy

Anyone can do that

That's all you have

The good old experts line,

The experts never caused the GFC
Experts are never to blame for a business going into liquidation
Experts are never corrupt
Expert Medical Personnel never kill a patient on the operating table
Experts never give wrong financial information

Watch his game. What do You think about his ineffective possessions?
I watch the game

And overall I trust most of what they say ....that's my choice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on him

the only experts at the selection table are those that have selected a premiership side recently

hawthorn, sydney. geelong.

as for media experts - which ones - the four drop kicks from fox who when discussing the eagles in the preseason game could not come up with the names of the eagles midfielders between them

errrr shuey and stenglein - quote unquote

are they the media experts you are talking about?

or are you talking about the ones that called the melbourne / eagles game last week where they couldnt actually do a call because they only knew a few of the players on both teams names - so they just waffled.

what about the various ones we whinge and bitch about in various media threads throughout the year as they patently dont understand a thing about our club - are they the ones?

its patently obvious that most of them dont watch many west coast games - patently obvious - they dont know our players names '

so yes - some big footy geek who lives eats sleeps and breathes blue and gold - watches every single game sometimes twice or three times is fairly likely to have a bit more insight that the best player ever in the game thats watches 5 eagles games all year

would you not agree?

the only experts at the selection table are those that have selected a premiership side recently

hawthorn, sydney. geelong.

as for media experts - which ones - the four drop kicks from fox who when discussing the eagles in the preseason game could not come up with the names of the eagles midfielders between them

errrr shuey and stenglein - quote unquote

are they the media experts you are talking about?

or are you talking about the ones that called the melbourne / eagles game last week where they couldnt actually do a call because they only knew a few of the players on both teams names - so they just waffled.

what about the various ones we whinge and bitch about in various media threads throughout the year as they patently dont understand a thing about our club - are they the ones?

its patently obvious that most of them dont watch many west coast games - patently obvious - they dont know our players names '

so yes - some big footy geek who lives eats sleeps and breathes blue and gold - watches every single game sometimes twice or three times is fairly likely to have a bit more insight that the best player ever in the game thats watches 5 eagles games all year

would you not agree?

I trust David kings thoughts. Dermie some of it, Jason Dundtall kicked 1250 goals ...he knows some stuff

I listen to the abc crew on the radio a bit also.

Many ex coaches like sheedy, wooshas thoughts which I read a bit

Ricuitto I like also.

I listen to our coaches also

Variety of experts

I judge myself that priddis is darn good Afl player who isn't flashy but gets the job done.

If standing in the middle of the MCG with 100kg blokes running at you in front of 85,000 people makes someone a good judge of football talent, then may I present to you our potential new coach should Simpson not work out:
fbc3bc0fe3d265845cf3e6acdb9acc7aa56655b2848684861d990f5dd9315399.jpg

I trust David kings thoughts. Dermie some of it, Jason Dundtall kicked 1250 goals ...he knows some stuff

I listen to the abc crew on the radio a bit also.

Many ex coaches like sheedy, wooshas thoughts which I read a bit

Ricuitto I like also.

I listen to our coaches also

Variety of experts

I judge myself that priddis is darn good Afl player who isn't flashy but gets the job done.

Dermott brereton is one of the guys who doesnt know 2/3rds of the names of our players

Ex coaches like sheedy a bet you any money he watches less than 5 eagles games a year - same as dunstall

Seriously? Open your eyes when you watch the games
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
You know what annoys me the most about this thread, it's that you lot are ment to be supporters and all you do is whinge and bitch about how bad Priddis is. Get over it FFS! He isn't so bad that he warrants 307 pages of s**t written about him. I admit he's not a superstar but he does his part for the team. Why don't you have a go at our recruiters who have brought in Jack s**t to help him out. Seriously why don't we make a thread about how much longer Masten can be played? You can disagree with me but I'm not replying to this idiotic thread. It's no wonder that people say we have the worst fan base, most of you attack our own players if there not performing to an elite level. If the mods on this board did there job right then this thread would of been closed long ago.

You know what annoys me the most about this thread, it's that you lot are ment to be supporters and all you do is whinge and bitch about how bad Priddis is. Get over it FFS! He isn't so bad that he warrants 307 pages of s**t written about him. I admit he's not a superstar but he does his part for the team. Why don't you have a go at our recruiters who have brought in Jack s**t to help him out. Seriously why don't we make a thread about how much longer Masten can be played? You can disagree with me but I'm not replying to this idiotic thread. It's no wonder that people say we have the worst fan base, most of you attack our own players if there not performing to an elite level. If the mods on this board did there job right then this thread would of been closed long ago.

I never saw Jack s**t playing for us? Is he any good?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back