List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Duggan really a chance to make it to our 2nd? I'd be over the moon if he did but I thought he was going to be gone in the 12-15 range.
Whenever you're unsure that there'll be a slider, just remember...

Freo also has a first round pick.

AFLPMFR14%20APENESS%20M.jpg

Is Duggan really a chance to make it to our 2nd? I'd be over the moon if he did but I thought he was going to be gone in the 12-15 range.

Some people have him going 10-15 but others have him sliding to 20-odd. A few people had him top 10 at one stage.
With his recent TAC Cup form especially I don't think he'll slide.

Round 14:
Liam Duggan - 19 disposals (13k, 6hb), 4 marks, 3 tackles, 1 free against, 2 goals, 1 behind

Round 15:
Liam Duggan - 24 disposals (12k, 12hb), 6 marks, 4 tackles, 1 free for, 3 goals, 1 behind

Round 17:
Liam Duggan - 20 disposals (7k, 13hb), 4 marks, 6 tackles, 3 frees against, 1 goal, 1 behind (10 HANDBALL RECIEVES)

Round 18:
Liam Duggan - 30 disposals (16k, 14hb), 3 marks, 12 tackles, 1 free against, 2 goals

Qualifying Final:
Liam Duggan - 18 disposals (7k, 11hb), 4 marks, 4 tackles, 1 free against

Avg: 22.2 disposals (11k, 11.2hb), 4.2 marks, 5.8 tackles, 0.2 frees for, 1.2 frees against, 1.6 goals, 0.6 behinds.

Has been in good form.

No, but he's more likely to be there than any of the other players I rate as 1st round quality. Neal-Bullen isn't great, Ellis I need to see more of and won't be able to, Bampton lacks skills, Maynard has no polish, Blakely is a poor man's Blacres. If anything I would go after Vickers-Willis, Langford, Miller and Liam Dawson (BRIS Academy) with our 2nd pick.

Forgot about Langford, lots of upside for him imo, would definitely take him with a pick in the 20s. Not sure about Vickers-Willis, if he can be turned into a definite Midfielder then sure but I haven't seen enough of him as a midfielder. Haven't seen much of Miller.

i just dont rate JOR at all, right now i wouldnt give up anything inside the 3rd round for him. Jaksch is an early 20s, maybe late teens pick trade.

Pick 1 for 3, 20, 57+. maybe i rate pick 1 too highly or our ability to claw something nice out but i thought we could do better than that

just my opinion :( happy to be wrong/alone on this

I agree with you. From what I see of O'Rourke at AFL level, if it wasn't for his draft number, people wouldn't rate him. Throw in the dodgy hammies and your rating of his worth is about spot-on I reckon. Jaksch has potential but is no sure thing. We need as close to a sure thing to part with this this pick as possible or a really, really good trade.

If we do go down this route I guess it means Trout and co were pretty set on picking a tall with pick 1 regardless and know that if GWS are in love with Petracca, they will definitely pick him if they have pick 1 leaving us with either McCartin or Wright. I can see the logic in doing a trade like this, just aren't a massive fan of the players mooted to be included in it.

Would the bombers accept montagna and pick 39/40 for pick 19/20?

We could then trade pick 20 and 22 for say pick 13/14 and 40-something.

Could that get us Weller?

We would them have added 8 'top 20' picks to the list in 2 seasons
Billings
Dunstan
Acres
Longer
McCartijn
Weller
O'Rourke
Jaksch

If you are going to count past top 20 picks as top 20 picks you could get Tambling cheap.
Its good players we need not picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going through our available/non available players last Sunday, it was notable who had already been put to pasture

Dunstan, Billings, Templeton, Hickey, Acres, Webster, Geary.
That's a large potion of our starting 18 in the next 18 months.

We need to trade hard to get three more top 20's, that is fact, it's just going to be interesting to see how we get there.

Warning..This post will self destruct in ten minutes..!!

Carlton adamant Robinson will be traded..Richo was a former coach of Robbo, & i'm living dangerously even discussing my delusional thoughts on the Saint's forum..!! Just throwing it out there & looking forward to the sniper 's who'll shoot me down & fair enough too..! This post is indicative of where 460 pages of this thread can take you.. We could add a player with his style of game to neutralise the loss of Lenny at stoppages & his tackling pressure..
One yr contract with endless get out clauses for the club, but trigger points for Robbo if he pull's his head in & behaves, train's & play's hard.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-02/mitch-is-trade-bait

Players love Richo, whilst you either love or hate Mick don't you..An old mate's son who was in the same year Greene, Nick Ries, Ted Richards etc at the Dragons, trained with Collingwood under Mick & couldn't stand him..Was a star with East Brighton in recent years, & does regret now not giving his all at the time ..More than likely Richo will catch up with Mitch & see where his head's at over a coffee..
God I hope not.... :eek:

Ive been getting around lachie weller for awhile now an the more i read/watch the more i want the kid. Will the draft combine give us a better indication of his draft range? I personally dont think the combine matrers a hell of alot

I'm entitled to throw the odd grenade here & there aren't I..lol
I'm just laughing at how we all here were unanimous in NOT wanting a dickhead like Dustin Martin last year despite him being a ridiculously good player at only 22... Yet we have people now saying they wouldn't mind Mitch Robinson who not only is a dickhead, but he's a terrible footballer.... Lol

Ive been getting around lachie weller for awhile now an the more i read/watch the more i want the kid. Will the draft combine give us a better indication of his draft range? I personally dont think the combine matrers a hell of alot

I don't think recruiters underrate him like the general public do. Guys with his class, skills, clean hands and decision making don't last outside the top 10. I can see GC picking him with their first. Given Brissy's surplus talls from the last few drafts and their academy they could also pull the trigger early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back