Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaryd Cachia goes head-to-head with self-proclaimed radio legend Guido Hatzis :D

Fully sick maaaaaaaaaaaate!

600.jpg

'How embarrassment'! :p

To think that Doully last graced a footy field for the Blues in the 1986 GF. I still miss the Flying Doormat. He maintained a standard of consistency that will never be matched. He started in the number 4 at Carlton but his locker was too close to Big Nick so he changed to number 11. I can still see those intercept marks or loose ball possessions from a perfectly timed defensive spoil that would sail from his boot into the waiting arms of a leading forward. I know I'll never see another Bruce Doull but I thank the space time continuum for placing us together on the planet from 1969 until 1986.

Jaryd Cachia goes head-to-head with self-proclaimed radio legend Guido Hatzis :D

Fully sick maaaaaaaaaaaate!

600.jpg

'How embarrassment'! :p

Straight after the Brucie 'interview' !!...

DOUBLE BUNGER maaaaaaaaaaaaate:thumbsu:

Gibbs on young guns

The 2014 AFL season has seen a new generation of superstars make their mark on the competition – to celebrate, the AFL Players’ Association is calling on all footy fans to help pick this year’s 22Under22 team.

Though much of 2014 didn’t go to plan for the Blues, there were still plenty of positives to take out of their year. The likes of Troy Menzel, Dylan Buckley and Sam Docherty showed they’re likely to be significant players for Carlton for the next decade, and a handful of other youngsters made their AFL debuts.

The AFL Players’ Association caught up with gun midfielder Bryce Gibbs midway through 2014 to get his thoughts on the young Blues’ progress to date.

What about Cripps, Bryce? :confused:

Three Blues nominated for the AFLPA's most valuable player award

The AFL Players’ Association has announced the nominees for this year’s Most Valuable Player Award, the Leigh Matthew Trophy.

Carlton’s Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs and Chris Yarran have been nominated alongside the likes of Adelaide’s Patrick Dangerfield, Geelong’s Joel Selwood and Sydney’s Lance Franklin.

Other awards to be presented on the night include the Robert Rose Most Courageous Award, for which vice-captain Kade Simpson has been nominated for the second year running.

Newcomer Blaine Johnson is in contention for the Best First Year Player Award, and Marc Murphy for the Best Captain.

Judd is on the footy show on Thursday night.
Never ever thought he'd go on that on the panel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was about to watch it then saw Barrett's name. Can't bring myself to put up with his smugness for 5 minutes.

Pass.

He was reasonable. Lyon was more down on us.

Key talking points:

Revisit Kreuzer trade
Xmas bonus for Rowe
Big ticks for Gibbs and Everitt
Judd going around again = good
Lucas a wash but if they want Higgins, better off fixing Lucas instead
Watson saved himself in R23
Blues love Robinson but trust issues make it hard. Should have supported Garlett more (possible fall out there making it untenable for both?)
Waite going
Need another tall to support Henderson/Jamison
Barrett - Blues to move up on the back of winning more close ones
Lyon - Blues to stagnate, have issues to sort out in the draft

He was reasonable. Lyon was more down on us.

Key talking points:

Revisit Kreuzer trade
Xmas bonus for Rowe
Big ticks for Gibbs and Everitt
Judd going around again = good
Lucas a wash but if they want Higgins, better off fixing Lucas instead
Watson saved himself in R23
Blues love Robinson but trust issues make it hard. Should have supported Garlett more (possible fall out there making it untenable for both?)
Waite going
Need another tall to support Henderson/Jamison
Barrett - Blues to move up on the back of winning more close ones
Lyon - Blues to stagnate, have issues to sort out in the draft
I am feeling much more confident about next year knowing Garry thinks we are going to Stagnate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back