Discussion Finals Week 1: Predictions, Photos, and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I've thought of a way you could get around the WA strip issue. What if you made it so instead of a black sash on yellow, it actually looked like two yellow sashes on black? That way it looks significantly more yellow, but it doesn't (exactly) match the WA design.

Richmond%20Clash%20Idea.png

It's pure evil genius! :D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-...m.au/news/2014-09-02/port-to-wear-prison-bars

Fair point made by Richmond...if it's ok for the past few years and approved for 2014...

IMO AFL want finals to be the most visually pleasing as they can be (unless it's two big Vic clubs then * it), I guess the AFL thought Port were going to just lay down and take it. I doubt they expected the public backlash which is why they backtracked and let them wear the prison bars even though they denied them the opportunity to wear it in R22.

Gary Stocks said that WC and a bunch of other clubs are getting together to push the issue so hopefully this never happens again.

Also, it's ******* ridiculous that Eddie had to give them permission to wear it, * him.

Also, it's ******* ridiculous that Eddie had to give them permission to wear it, **** him.
All to do with Collingwood being the original Black & White team in the competition.
If Collingwood want
Bastardises a great jumper and gets rid of the bold aura of the pure black and white. This mock up too is half light and half dark which does bugger all to solve a clash.
It does a lot to solve a clash if the team they're playing against isn't wearing black/navy, white, or teal :p

This is almost pointless, there's only 1 real question and that's who will wear white shorts in the 2nd Elimination Final. I hope nobody does but that's the least likely option.
Hawthorn_Home_zpsfd2ef2c8.png
Geelong_Away_zps1d4ae373.png

Sydney_Home_zps23908bab.png
Fremantle_Home_zps6a54f9d0.png

North_Home_zps37543d95.png
Essendon_Away_zps4e287626.png

76698_49ed118690c1942e44f7d81fea58d009.png
Richmond_Home_zps197d5ca1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would just mean you can't wear white against Port.

That'd be Collingwood, St Kilda and Carlton stuffed then. Good for a laugh, definitely, but not for the AFL!

But there had white number panels on their SBS jumpers.

After the Port-Carlton fiasco last year, who knows?

Friday, September 5
Hawthorn_Home_zpsfd2ef2c8.png
v
Geelong_Away_zps1d4ae373.png
at the MCG
Saturday, September 6
Sydney_Home_zps23908bab.png
v
Fremantle_Home_zps6a54f9d0.png
at ANZ Stadium
North_Away_zpsd41ee627.png
v