Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Really though.. IF it is true (and I don't think it is) then so be it.. sometimes players want to leave.. no sweat. We are lucky because he is still under contract so it will have to be via trade.

Apparently Brisbane are looking to offload Leunberger.. who I think could be alright if he gets a run at it..

So something like Pick 4 + Leuy and maybe swap of later round pick.. for Ryder.. then it isn't ideal.. but it is what it is.

IF Paddy wants out.. far better to deal now than see him walk as a free agent later..

I dont want Leunberger - Over-rated on what he has produced to date and is injury prone - I'd rather back in T-Bell.

I have posted the same thoughts on numerous occasions - AFL players have children at a younger age than the average - Get married at a younger age - I have no idea why this is the case - Dylan Roberton nearly lost his career because of this scenario.

Well AFL players cant really go out and get smashed every weekend, nor can they go backpacking for months on end, so I suppose some of them turn to settling down earlier.

Well AFL players cant really go out and get smashed every weekend, nor can they go backpacking for months on end, so I suppose some of them turn to settling down earlier.

Do you think the general population does this also - Many are still at UNI and just starting work - We wouldn't be having this discussion if players were more prudent with their life.

Do you think the general population does this also - Many are still at UNI and just starting work - We wouldn't be having this discussion if players were more prudent with their life.

Only really gave it five seconds of thought. Probably my more succinct line of thinking is that life in the AFL is very structured hence theorising this would lead to more structured lives.

Sandilands is overrated. Freo had 75 hit outs to 23 against Carlton and fell in. Plus he does * all around the ground. Jacobs??Pfft. Paddy was robbed.

I don't get the obsession with Sandilands either. If he was 205cm or 206cm he'd struggle to be on an AFL list. He needs a 35cm height advantage to take a mark and is just "there" for everything other than ruck contests and 1 in 10 times he is the target of a forward 50 entry.

Really though.. IF it is true (and I don't think it is) then so be it.. sometimes players want to leave.. no sweat. We are lucky because he is still under contract so it will have to be via trade.

Apparently Brisbane are looking to offload Leunberger. who I think could be alright if he gets a run at it..

So something like Pick 4 + Leuy and maybe swap of later round pick.. for Ryder.. then it isn't ideal.. but it is what it is.

IF Paddy wants out.. far better to deal now than see him walk as a free agent later..
The rumor was that the club would trade Leuy for Sam Reid to solve our key forward issue.
If this Ryder trade is real, Ryders value is between pick 8-15 range. Remember Ryder wants to be traded to Brisbane, Brisbane don't need him and his carrying that ASADA baggage with him. Don't get me wrong, Ryder is a great player, but I don't see the club trading pick 5 or any of Zorko, Hanley, Rockliff, etc for a guy who does not meet the lists age profile.

The only trade options I could see happening is:
Pick 4 for Ryder and Dempsey
One of Lester or Harwood or Golby + Merrett for Ryder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumor was that the club would trade Leuy for Sam Reid to solve our key forward issue.
If this Ryder trade is real, Ryders value is between pick 8-15 range. Remember Ryder wants to be traded to Brisbane, Brisbane don't need him and his carrying that ASADA baggage with him. Don't get me wrong, Ryder is a great player, but I don't see the club trading pick 5 or any of Zorko, Hanley, Rockliff, etc for a guy who does not meet the lists age profile.

Thanks for the morning laugh.

What a joke.

You seem to forget one very significant factor: he's contracted. So we would take all of those offers and tell you to shove them up your arse and come back with something realistic

Thanks for the morning laugh.

What a joke.

You seem to forget one very significant factor: he's contracted. So we would take all of those offers and tell you to shove them up your arse and come back with something realistic
Now Lance, remember to be nice to our guests. It's what our Mods would want. And don't forget, the Wolfe brothers new album is out Friday on iTunes.*

*wtf???? damn you subliminal advertising!

Many certain deals over the past few seasons have fallen through or changed. No need to worry about this. Let's hope he plays at least another 4 awesome games for the club.

I'd rather work with Gold coast if he want's to go to QL, Plenty of talent we can take off their hands.

Counter-offer: one of Colyer, Howlett or O'Brien + Melksham for Rockliff.

Don't get me wrong, Rockliff is a great player, but I don't see the club offering Ryder, Hurley or Zaharakis for a guy who was picked in the PSD.

I'd rather work with Gold coast if he want's to go to QL, Plenty of talent we can take off their hands.
It has to be Brisbane from a cap perspective - Paddy would demand a mint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back