Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

"I'm gonna go to Adelaide Oval and barrack my lungs out like never before. Go Power. Smash 'em!"
- KG on Channel 7. Even Studley is backing us. Reluctantly.

975295-0efcc6d0-13dc-11e4-ae81-95568c4ed36e.jpg

"In my view, the SANFL erred in giving the Power the second AFL licence."

- Ken Cunningham, 29 April 2011​

"In my view, the SANFL erred in giving the Power the second AFL licence."

- Ken Cunningham, 29 April 2011​

Luckily KG can't remember what he said on the 29th of August 2014 let alone any time in 2011.

You could probably convince him the crows are filthy Victorians now.

I still remember KG and Cornesy laughing uncontrollably when Port lost those qualifying finals in 2002 and 2003: we were clearly chokers - and fair enough, we probably were. But woe betide anybody who tried to suggest the Crows were chokers when they lost home finals in the same situation. And some people wonder why Port fans derive so much joy from Crows failures!!!!

Some deluded Richmond fan has decided we don't have a case as theirs is the "traditional" strip and the one worthy of respect. Their tradition is one where they haven't won a GF since 1982 and have been out of the finals for the major part of the last 20 years.
Even worse, I think it was 1980.

I thought that, and in "season summary" in afltables the last entry of finishing 1st is 1980, but that is the minor round. In 1982 they finish third, select the year and scroll down to the GF result.
Carlton won back to back in 81-82, they did beat Richmond in the 82 gf though and that was the last time Richmond made the gf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still remember KG and Cornesy laughing uncontrollably when Port lost those qualifying finals in 2002 and 2003: we were clearly chokers - and fair enough, we probably were. But woe betide anybody who tried to suggest the Crows were chokers when they lost home finals in the same situation. And some people wonder why Port fans derive so much joy from Crows failures!!!!

Lived interstate for a fair chunk and in that time living away from the Crows hysteria, I actually got to the point where I "didn't mind them" as a footy club. Sure, I derived some satisfaction when they lost, especially in the finals. But it was nothing like before I left Adelaide.

However, returning home in mid-2012, I was surprised by the mentality of many Crows supporters and the local media. Talk about a rude awakening. Especially when I realized they weren't joking. They were serious. Oh yeah, this is why I despised them so much before.

Some have an unhealthy obsession with Port and Port supporters. After the Crows win in the last Showdown, I was bombarded by texts and messages from nominal Crows fans. My favourite was when one told me to "suck eggs!" Suck eggs? Last time I heard that I was 12 years-old. Not surprisingly, I haven't heard from any of them lately. Campaigners have gone very quiet.

This anti-Port fervour and the frenzy they whip themselves into is a mental illness yet to be clinically diagnosed...

"I'm gonna go to Adelaide Oval and barrack my lungs out like never before. Go Power. Smash 'em!"
- KG on Channel 7. Even Studley is backing us. Reluctantly.

975295-0efcc6d0-13dc-11e4-ae81-95568c4ed36e.jpg

The old campaigner would have had easy access to tickets from his mates at the SACA and the 2 SANFL rooms. The prick should have been forced to line up or use ticketek. Then he probably wouldn't have gone.

Last edited:
Most of the recent posts in this thread are in the wrong thread ;)

Guilty as charged!

Was gonna put my KG post in "Shakes Head."

But I'm all giddy with prison bars excitement.

So I went easy on the old campaigner.

Though we haven't forgiven nor forgotten...

:D

Guilty as charged!

Gold love that vision
Guilty as charged!

[/QUOT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back