Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

As people say, it's all down to confidence, demeanour and how you dress. Basically all you have to do it look like official and like you are meant to be there. I recommend dressing in a suit, carrying a walkie talkie and wearing sunglasses. Have some mates dressed in casual clothes in on the act and go up to them and pretend you are giving them some them some kind of order like they can't smoke behind the white line. Repeat these kind of authoritive moves for a while making sure some people are taking notice. Once you are confident that someone believes you are officially doing your job, go up and ask to check their passout. When they hand it to you, leg it to the next gate. Easy as pie.

Could anyone sneak a drone over the MCG stadium and get a mate to attach a passout on it and bring it back? Actually why hasn't anyone done any drone 'streaking' to date?
I know the pass out thing is an ongoing joke, but under the old pass out system you got handed a pass out when you left the ground - so you wouldn't need a drone you could just give it to your mate in person. The scam involved keeping pass outs from previous games, creating a fake pass out, copying the pass out or giving it to someone else and bullshitting your way back in the passout gate with your original ticket.

I know the pass out thing is an ongoing joke, but under the old pass out system you got handed a pass out when you left the ground - so you wouldn't need a drone you could just give it to your mate in person. The scam involved keeping pass outs from previous games, creating a fake pass out, copying the pass out or giving it to someone else and bullshitting your way back in the passout gate with your original ticket.
Okay how about this. Your mate scans in with their ticket and immediately scans out but keeps on walking to their seats without letting the security know (so he is tagged out) You get a drone then fly it into the stadium and your mate attaches his ticket to it and you fly his tagged out ticket to you and you use it to gain access. Easy

Okay how about this. Your mate scans in with their ticket and immediately scans out but keeps on walking to their seats without letting the security know (so he is tagged out) You get a drone then fly it into the stadium and your mate attaches his ticket to it and you fly his tagged out ticket to you and you use it to gain access. Easy
The turnstile you scan in on won't let you scan out. You would have to go and do it at one that it set up for scan outs.
Also there are plenty of spots around the stadium perimeter where you can easily pass small items out to people so even though a drone would be cool it would be a bit of overkill.

I've developed what is, arguably, the perfect ruse.

It requires the construction of a decorative cart that is able to be pulled by a person, an accomplice to act as said cart-puller, and the development of a range of elegant lady's fragrances in your backyard laboratory, which are then to be stored in ornamental hand-blown glass diffusers. You must label your cart with some form of olde-style witticism that alludes to your business of peddling perfumes (I will leave this to you; be creative) and dress in suitable attire with matching facial hair to be combed in the most elegant and stylish of manners.
Upon your arrival to the MCG early on Grand Final morning, you should establish a prime position of the lovely surrounds of Yarra Park. This is of vital importance as, rather obviously, a legitimate salesperson would choose only the best place of business to maximise sales per hour (you have to be believable, after all).
With a clever call-line to draw attention, you will need to spend the initial hours of the day conversing with the commonfolk and garnering as much profit as possible from your marvellous range of fragrant sprays. This will further legitimise your presence and aid in providing disposable income so you can bribe the plod with a shilling or two to leave you be.
Closer to the beginning of the game, and with talk of your wares now spreading like wild-fire amongst those making the pilgrimage to the match, you should begin your progression towards the stadium itself (of course, your lackey will be pulling the heavy, solid wood cart - did I mention that Mahogany would be best?). Careful manoeuvring will be required, particularly up the steps to reach the walkways around the entrances to the ground (again, you need not worry about this, as you have your cart mule to worry about such tedious issues).
Establish your new position close to one of the gates, preferably one manned not by one of the modern-age turnstile contraptions, but rather, a traditionally manned one. It is here that you will continue your retailing prowess, ensuring to capture the attention of the individual that is guarding the aforementioned manned-entrance.
Once you believe you have captured their intrigue, you must approach them in a confident and friendly manner. It is now that you politely offer them your day's takings to allow you to pass through without hindrance. The security personnel will almost certainly scoff at your suggestion. They are a person of integrity; they will not heed to such petty offers. But, alas, you have a trump card to bargain with. Offer them not only your takings, but a selection of anything from your range of fine wares. If this does not pique their interest, you must do as all good salespeople do, and present a sample of your product to entice them.
Take this opportunity to procure what you believe to be your finest scent, and spray it in the security personnel's general direction. If you are an artisan of the scents, they will wish you to spray again, so as to take it in once more. Abide by their wishes, this time spraying closer. Again, they will want more, so get even closer, and spray once more, before moving closer still, until you are face to face.
By now, you have almost achieved the ultimate goal; now it's time to close the deal. Slowly raise the bottle to their face, and notice how their eyes widen in anticipation of taking in the greatest concentration yet of your ultimate creation. Place your finger on the nozzle, teasing them, for they do not know when you will press it to release it's mind-numbing amazement.
Then, after taking one final deep breath, spray the muppet in the eyes and piss-bolt into the stands.

And that, my friends, is how to guarantee entrance into the Grand Final.

me and my mates have got into a few festivals for free using the same ticket. (100% success rate) using this strategy. Photocopy your ticket and go to the same gate, he walks in and scans his ticket and you are a few people behind him. When the scanner comes up as saying you've already been scanned, kick up a stink and say act shocked that this has happened. If they are lazy enough they will just let you through, but I doubt that they would just let you through at a grand final. If they don't you go to the ticket help desk and say that you have a legitimate ticket and it is a problem with the scanner, they will check the time of the scan and notice that it says you went in about 20 minutes ago or however long it has been. With any luck they will apologise and say the scanner stuffed up and your in for free (or half price, if you split the cost of the ticket) It's risky for an event like the GF, but like I said has worked at about 10 times festivals and concerts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A woman should have no problem getting in... A tit flash to security will get the job done

Or a tit flash to someone leaving early to get thier pass out

Anyone suggested dressing up with a mate as paramedics, stashing a change of clothes in a medical supplies bag and then just running towards a gate and hoping the gate staff aren't game enough to hold up what appears to be paramedics attending a medical emergency?

Only issue that jumps out at me is that you draw lots of attention to yourselves that way so how do you find a secluded enough place within the ground that gives you ample time to get changed and get away before you're caught? Also probably a lot more illegal than impersonating other types of workers. And super awkward if someone has a heart attack near you while you're dressed like that...

Walk in walk out

abe-simpson-gif.gif

Ross Lyon's effort last year was pretty ballsy. Impersonating a coach, and all.
Says the guy who not only runs a supporters page on Facebook, but claims it so much it's in his little message under his avatar. On a football forum.

Your impersonation of a poindexter is a bit too scarily accurate to be a joke

I honestly think it'd be pretty easy. A mate of mine snuck in at three quarter time last year, showed me some photos and I doubt he'd lie.

The big issue with these twats with a false sense of security, importance, and hierarchy is that some take it extremely importantly. The first time I was asked for concession ID was last weekend for the Bullies - GWS game... when I got it out, he questioned if it was really valid for 2014 and why it didn't have a stamp or sticker. The other side of it is that some people really do not care at all – I remember getting into a music festival two years ago using my mates' ID... he looks not much like me and was farther away from turning 18 than I was. But the Somalian dude just waved me through.

You can never tell either. Sometimes the old codger so bored with his life, he'll enjoy reaming you and not letting you through. Sometimes the bald headed twat who'd say "not tonight mate – not getting in with that shirt" at a club entrance is not going to care at all.

I have a question though... my mate has three different gold AFL Memberships. How intense are they in looking at the accompanying ID? For the Grand Final, will they just ask to look at the AFL card? Surely if you flash it and they see its a blokes name, you'll be fine? Is there a time they care most or less about checking? Surely there's a time with most people coming through, but less security – a perfect intersection? Last year, pretty early, maybe 12:30, they didn't ask anything.

I have a question though... my mate has three different gold AFL Memberships. How intense are they in looking at the accompanying ID? For the Grand Final, will they just ask to look at the AFL card? Surely if you flash it and they see its a blokes name, you'll be fine? Is there a time they care most or less about checking? Surely there's a time with most people coming through, but less security – a perfect intersection? Last year, pretty early, maybe 12:30, they didn't ask anything.

As close to the opening bounce as possible, I'd suggest.

Serious idea - need help (not that I'd be able to pull it off - someone who's a bit more savvy might though, just thought of it as an idea).

The players have a thousand and one people helping them before a game get ready. Physios, trainers, strappers, water people, general club staff, people who no doubt organise the subs etc.

Do the umpires have similar? Do they have trainers? Strappers?

Could it be possible to sneak in under the pretense of doing something like that for the umps? Just an assistant? Anyone know how strictly they look at passes, cards etc? If the Chaser could get past APEC security with a fake card deliberately aimed to get themselves caught, surely a plausible ID could get you past MCG security...

If you could manage to get yourself into the umpires area, then you could get out into the main area, and start helping others hand out their pass-outs to friends in exchange for a beer or pie.

Mug an umpire and do his job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back