Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me tell you I would be far more comfortable with Schoenmakers down back than Austin. Decent user of the ball as well. This is his first year back from a knee and say I wouldn't be against our compo pick for a direct trade.

I wouldn't be giving up much to get Schoenmakers. Hawthorn would want at least a 2nd round pick & I don't think he is worth it. He was never quick before his injury & he looks even slower now. His decision making is ordinary at best, however he does have a nice left foot & is accurate in front of goal when moved forward.

Agree with you in regards to Austin who is just inept at AFL level. I would much prefer us to chase say Tomlinson from GWS who has far more upside than Schoenmakers & could be gettable with a pick in the 20s.

I wouldn't be giving up much to get Schoenmakers. Hawthorn would want at least a 2nd round pick & I don't think he is worth it. He was never quick before his injury & he looks even slower now. His decision making is ordinary at best, however he does have a nice left foot & is accurate in front of goal when moved forward.

Agree with you in regards to Austin who is just inept at AFL level. I would much prefer us to chase say Tomlinson from GWS who has far more upside than Schoenmakers & could be gettable with a pick in the 20s.

We won't be getting Tomlinson with a pick outside the top 20 no way at all.

Maybe if we offered Jarrad Grant as part of the deal, we could make it happen. Grant was a No.5 pick when drafted & would offer GWS something different to what they already have. Just a thought.
They've got enough problems holding the players who want to go home to get rid of one who's happy up there.

Maybe if we offered Jarrad Grant as part of the deal, we could make it happen. Grant was a No.5 pick when drafted & would offer GWS something different to what they already have. Just a thought.

Grant is a forward that can't get a game in a forwardless bottom 5 team - not sure how Grant being a No 5 pick is relevant? Not sure why GWS would be overly excited about Grant. Wood maybe.

Grant is a forward that can't get a game in a forwardless bottom 5 team - not sure how Grant being a No 5 pick is relevant? Not sure why GWS would be overly excited about Grant. Wood maybe.
its about fooling the gws

He's a funny one Grant, he has tremendous pace & has shown fleeting moments of real talent but he is so inconsistent & seems to lack confidence in himself. Injuries have certainly hurt him but next year must be make or break for him.

Its a shame because the guy can play.

He's a funny one Grant, he has tremendous pace & has shown fleeting moments of real talent but he is so inconsistent & seems to lack confidence in himself. Injuries have certainly hurt him but next year must be make or break for him.

Its a shame because the guy can play.

Yeah you are right just don't think he fits GWS, as many have said he is all cream and no cake. He could be great in a team that is challenging

Lets say to bombers that Grant is the new and improved Crameri
So we can straight swap for BellChambers
I like the idea of Bellchambers. The one issue and it is a MAJOR issue is what happens if the ASADA investigation really turns hairy? We could get him and not have him play for two years. As it is I have concerns for Crameri, I don't think the ASADA issue is just going to go away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone for Luke Reynolds? He's another 3rd tall type so exactly what we don't need but I'm surprised Carlton delisted him after a year? Quite liked him leading to last years draft.

Anyone for Luke Reynolds? He's another 3rd tall type so exactly what we don't need but I'm surprised Carlton delisted him after a year? Quite liked him leading to last years draft.
Slow, can't find the ball well, no opposite foot. Didn't see him in the VFL this year though. Is he still kinda fat?

Yet he stuck with two talls for most of 2013. Funny that.
Did he? I remember it in patches. I see Campbell and Cordy had 11 games between them, and Jones had 19. So I guess he would have played two talls in 7 matches? We can expect it to be more frequent if he keeps playing a 2nd ruck.

Did he? I remember it in patches. I see Campbell and Cordy had 11 games between them, and Jones had 19. So I guess he would have played two talls in 7 matches? We can expect it to be more frequent if he keeps playing a 2nd ruck.
He considered Grant and Stringer talls. Even made mention of it in his pressers.
It's pretty obvious he wants the three tall structure (last year and Footscray) but doesn't want to gift talls games.

Yeh, certainly a bit stiff and only 19 - showed a bit early and is a good kick, but stuck in no man's land on the HFF for the Northern Blues - slim pickings there in 2014! McInness (also delisted) looked the goods before his knee injury - the older and bigger bodied White took his position and McInness never got back to where he was - reckon he'll be a decent pick-up with his knee likely to be 100% going in to 2015.

I cant grasp at the idea as to why people think Casboult and Bellchambers would be good for us, am I missing something??

Not really. Both would be decent, but probably aren't the answer.
I would rather keep the faith with Campbell and Casboult is seriously s**t. Takes a huge mark but cannot hit the side of a barn with his kicking. It will be interesting to see whether we take a recycled player, I seriously hope we dont.

Bellchambers has had a s**t year (ruined by injury and resulting lack of continuity), but he'd be a fantastic ruck/forward for us. Can take a huge pack mark in the square, presents well, generally kicks reasonably well, is a huge physical presence, gets around the ground and rucks well in a partnership. I'm a big fan.

Casboult's got some things going for him, but his goalkicking is horrendous and he'd essentially be a more expensive, less effective version of Jones. Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back