2014 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you will be singing that Never tear us apart song that you ripped of the Newcastle Jets who have been using it for the last 10 years!!!!!

Look out, here comes Mr Intellect.

Worst decision they could have made, really. Golden opportunity on the national stage, first final at Adelaide Oval, pretty much the whole state tuning in, closer than they've ever been to cheering Port on, they turn on the TV.... AAAAAAND they see the prison bars.

That'll bring in the neutrals in your biggest game of the year. Baffling really. You'd want to be at your most appealing to all demographics given an opportunity like this if you're serious about generating new supporters. This is the opposite. They've actually managed to find a way to alienate a chunk of the ones they already have.

Their supporters aside, in every other aspect, they are currently a much better club than ours.
No other club in the AFL will ever be a better club than MY CLUB. I don't give a flying f... on how many games they may win in one season. No other club, especially Port Power, will ever be better than my club.

No other club in the AFL will ever be a better club than MY CLUB. I don't give a flying f... on how many games they may win in one season. No other club, especially Port Power, will ever be better than my club.
Reading your board, not a lot of your fellow supporters agree. You got rid of Trigg, want to get rid of Chapman, a lot think you won't stand up to the afl etc etc etc.....

Anyway, loved the bits and pieces I heard on 5dblcRowe today. Scripted and contrived I think best describes it. Lynda from lobethal was the best. I wonder if she runs acting and drama course at the WEA?

Reading your board, not a lot of your fellow supporters agree. You got rid of Trigg, want to get rid of Chapman, a lot think you won't stand up to the afl etc etc etc.....

Anyway, loved the bits and pieces I heard on 5dblcRowe today. Scripted and contrived I think best describes it. Lynda from lobethal was the best. I wonder if she runs acting and drama course at the WEA?
Yeah the whole thing just dosent exist. Everyone in perfect harmony.

It's curious though that there would be the adoption of NTUA and #weareportadelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a non South Australian I actually enjoy listening to these games including people calling 5aa pretending to be Port or Crows supporters. :D

Would have tuned in today if I got home on time. Gotta love this interwebby ability we have nowadays. :D
In Victoria so I get the vic centric SEN or the vic centric tv coverage (if any) post match so being able to use apps on my phone to listen to 5aa and hear people actually talk about the crows after a game is wonderful

I liked the use of Never Tear Us Apart in the 60 second video at the start of the season but I think it's gone too far now. The supporters are starting to look like a bunch of emotional drama queens. Cringeworthy.

Last edited:
Do you actually believe this? It's absolute rubbish.

We'll have an answer on Sunday when we see how many of these pissed off "supporters" don't turn up to the game.

The issue isn't the bandwagon supporters that will no doubt show up again this week.

This is an issue that is dividing a lot of your true supporter base. You know the true Port fans? The people that actually showed up in 2012 when you averaged under 20,000 per home game. Remember the 13,683 who rocked up against West Coast in 2012? Or the 13,953 who showed up against Brisbane in 2012.

The worry is that once the shine comes off of Adelaide Oval and your club slides back down the ladder - you will be in the same spot you were just 2 years ago. You can't afford to alienate your true supporters.

Having spent the best part of 3 months in a hospital bed, its nice to be out and about and home again.

With that said, I wanted to thank all the doctors and nurses that treated me well at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.:thumbsu:

From a supporters perspective I feel robbed that I lost being able to follow my Club properly in 2014. I was able to pick up bits and pieces here and there from family, friends, and C7.

But there is some things I just cant understand WTF happened this year? Did we have players injured, because usually I only saw the selected team once it hit the ground and I couldnt understand some of the selections made and just from what I saw only on the TV (so please excuse me if I am way wrong) I got the feeling we lost crucial matches basically in the coaches box. Was Matt Crouch injured since June??

Anyways its nice to be back and I look forward to the banter with my fellow true die hard supporters for what will be an exceptionally long preseason! :(

Jesus. Thats a long time in a hospital bed. Wishing you all the best for your recovery and the best in your health.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

I am sure I will ask or make the odd "stupid question" for a little while (some may say nothing has changed:p), because going through every thread to wonder what has happened this latter half of the year would be a nightmare.

Might read a lot rather than post for a while.

Having spent the best part of 3 months in a hospital bed, its nice to be out and about and home again.

With that said, I wanted to thank all the doctors and nurses that treated me well at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.:thumbsu:

From a supporters perspective I feel robbed that I lost being able to follow my Club properly in 2014. I was able to pick up bits and pieces here and there from family, friends, and C7.

But there is some things I just cant understand WTF happened this year? Did we have players injured, because usually I only saw the selected team once it hit the ground and I couldnt understand some of the selections made and just from what I saw only on the TV (so please excuse me if I am way wrong) I got the feeling we lost crucial matches basically in the coaches box. Was Matt Crouch injured since June??

Anyways its nice to be back and I look forward to the banter with my fellow true die hard supporters for what will be an exceptionally long preseason! :(

Went to every crows home game (was at my local footy club for the richmond one). After the slow start you went on a tear of expending two weeks worth of energy getting up for one week and blowing the team out off the park and not turning up the next week. My opinion is that they assumed they'll be able to ride on the momentum of winning matches big matches. What happened was you'd get up for one week, and the next mentally they weren't able to get themselves up for the challenge.

What got teams into the finals was getting on that run and holding onto the wave of momentum as long as they could. The biggest streak of wins was 3, and you had 9 weeks of W/L/W/L punctuated by 2 wins, but straight back to 6 weeks of W/L/W/L. You had consistency, but the yo-yo was almost unstoppable and quite horrifying that you could almost pick they'd find a way to lose after a win.

In comparison, the teams above and around you got much more consistency through backing up on their wins.

Sydney - 11 straight
Hawthorn - 5 straight (and two 4 straights)
Geelong - 7 straight
Fremantle - 8 straight

Port - 8 straight
North Melbourne - 4 straight
Essendon - 3 straight (and four 2 straights)
Richmond - 9 straight

West Coast - 3 straight (and a whole pile of 2s)
Adelaide - 3 straight
Collingwood - 4 straight
Gold Coast - 5 straight

That's just how I saw it.

The issue isn't the bandwagon supporters that will no doubt show up again this week.

This is an issue that is dividing a lot of your true supporter base. You know the true Port fans? The people that actually showed up in 2012 when you averaged under 20,000 per home game. Remember the 13,683 who rocked up against West Coast in 2012? Or the 13,953 who showed up against Brisbane in 2012.

The worry is that once the shine comes off of Adelaide Oval and your club slides back down the ladder - you will be in the same spot you were just 2 years ago. You can't afford to alienate your true supporters.

Exactly.

I listened to some great Port Adelaide identities in the last 24 hours and all of them say Kochie made the wrong decision. The prison bars are part of the history, sure, however the 50% of Port Power fans that go for Norwood, Central, Sturt, Glenelg etc could not give a flying toss about Magpie Port they love the current day Port Adelaide Power and what it stands for in the AFL and the fact the colours are Black, White and TEAL! It is not and never has been just Black and White. Port need to celebrate their traditions and heritage but after 18 years in the AFL the Port Power brand at some stage has to come into consideration and start celebrating it instead of circle jerking the prison bars arguing we are the magpies and black and white and F Collingwood and Eddie etc! This is a step back for Port Power as a brand, it is not and never was the magpies, it was born from THE magpies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back