bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
What happened to the Aussie commentators? Gave up after the first few days?

What happened to the Aussie commentators? Gave up after the first few days?

They really only do the aussie matches not on arthur ashe, we won't hear from them again. I really have to get on to Foxtel to compain about how bad their coverage has been this year. I'm going to sleep after Casey' match but I know if I record they still won't show it all.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
They really only do the aussie matches not on arthur ashe, we won't hear from them again. I really have to get on to Foxtel to compain about how bad their coverage has been this year. I'm going to sleep after Casey' match but I know if I record they still won't show it all.
Hopefully it finishes before the Bryans finish their match.

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
A Novak Federer final looking ominous.

Novak v Murray QF will be good to watch.

Cant believe that is his first top 10 win in over a year! Sometimes I really do think the "Big 4" label is inaccurate.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Bouchard is out and I barely had a chance to watch, I mean observe.... I mean witness her body, I mean legs.... I mean game.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I don't think that happy birthday song was necessary. Krunic was just sitting there awkwardly.

Monfils beats Gasquet and Dimitrov in straight sets to make the quarters? What is this madness.

Monfils was the mentally stronger player and was making less errors at cruical times. Feels weird typing that, I'm sure Fed was change this.

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
These yank commentators, seriously when Federer is playing they don't even acknowledge the opponent. They struggle to pronounce their frikkin name properly yet alone comment on their style of play, or form, or strengths and weaknesses.

I know Aussie commentators aren't much better when an Aussie is playing, but the difference between the Aussie thing of getting behind the underdog and the American thing of blowing smoke up the arse of the favourite is really pronounced.

tl;dr: f*ck off American commentators

Wozniacki takes out Sharapova. Good to see her finding some form.

Called it before the tournament. If Serena loses, Wozniaki could have her first GS. She is playing less defensive moon ball tennis, and her serve has really improved!

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I reckon one of the hardest things in tennis is serving at 4-5 to stay in a match.

Personally have lost many games at this point

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Well done to Nishikori. Has deserved a GS SF run, I rate him very highly, particularly since Chang became his coach. When fit he is firmly inside the top 10, and has the spirit to take him all the way to a GS win one of these days. I remember 6.5 years ago when he surprised in winning his first title, it's amazing how long ago that was now, in terms of his career and tennis in general.

Back