Preview Second Qualifying Final, 2014 - Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG, Friday, 5 September 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought. So, what was Scott bitching about on 360?
He's also got a home final in week one because he's lucky enough to finish third to a second placed melbourbe club.

So his team will not play away unless they lose the first week and get through to a prelim.

The guy will bitch about anything

He's also got a home final in week one because he's lucky enough to finish third to a second placed melbourbe club.

So his team will not play away unless they lose the first week and get through to a prelim.

The guy will bitch about anything
Scott is a total tosser, he will whinge about everything. Let's hope we wipe that smug grin off his face this week.

Whilest i agree with the sentiment mate the guy can only do what he can do against the opposition. Its a good thing that he is knocking the door down keeps everyone on edge. Cegs would be stiff to miss.
Think we are going at cross purposes here. The two Port guys are both miles off AFL class. McEvoy should have dominated them. To an extent he did by getting first hand on the footy. The problem is McEvoy is not good enough to hit the ball to advantage.

Have not seen any stats but it looked like Lowden spent more time in the ruck, allowing BHH to use McEvoy's marking up forward. Great strategy to win that game of footy, but McEvoy's weakness is his tap work and would like to see him putting more energy into that part of his game.

Was there and Port looked like they were winning the clearances in the first half. AFL guys always out run VFL guys after half time, so I always discount second half efforts.

Port had an undersized bush boy and a skinny kid in the ruck. The game is on iView. Watch it and see how many times you think 'nice ruck work'.

Watched it last night. IMO Ceglar is safe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Carey says he's prefer McEvoy over Ceglar against Sandilands because of his bulk.
Tom Harley says he'd prefer McEvoy over Ceglar against the Swans because McEvoy is good at getting behind the ball in defence.
Both said this during the game against Colingwood on Friday.

Wayne Carey says he's prefer McEvoy over Ceglar against Sandilands because of his bulk.
Tom Harley says he'd prefer McEvoy over Ceglar against the Swans because McEvoy is good at getting behind the ball in defence.
Both said this during the game against Colingwood on Friday.
Carey's commentary rarely extends beyond "team A's big guys are playing well"

Ceglar and Hale should hold sway. Even against Freo, McEvoy won't stop Sandilands hitting the ball down and we are accustomed to sharking his taps anyway. Ceglar also seems more willing to jump into his opponents and that seems to be something the big giant doesn't like. Give Cegs the go and let him jump into Sandi and then punish him going forward.

Our plan against Freo for a while now has been for our ruck to pretty much shepherd Sandilands at ruck contests and allow the third man up to hit to advantage. With that in mind I can see McEvoy coming in. Against the Swans it's not as big a deal, I see Hale/Ceglar getting the job done against Pyke.

Carey's commentary rarely extends beyond "team A's big guys are playing well"

I haven't heard him commentate a game, but I've been generally impressed with his tactical observations. Interesting to see him say that Rough should play one out deep inside 50 against the Cats and back himself to beat Taylor - very different to the way we played 2 weeks ago.

As we get closer to the game I can't help feeling that we're going to struggle.

We seem to have a few niggles, which is not the best preparation. The season proper starts now so we need to get off to a great start against the Cats. 3 or 4 Week push guys and we are there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back