Preview Changes vs Richmond - Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Shea in. Moore out. Done.
Obviously a danger game and our recent record against the tigers is poor, but it also looks like they played their grand final last week. Great effort to get there from mid year but I'm not sure it helps their prep for the finals.

I still think we debut one of Shaw or Harvey. Either one would kick 6 on Debut standing Chaplin, not allowing him to take Jake Neade!
Too late in the season to do it.
Ken wants his side settled. I can only see O'Shea making his way in for someone.

Out: impey, Monfries
In: oshea, Logan (unleash him)
Sub: white
Not a bad idea. Logan could easily play that defensive forward role and his goal kicking is about the same quality as Monfries.

Won't happen though.would definitely bring o'shea in though for his extra run. Just don't put him on Martin, he will get turned inside out.

Really worried about Martin when he goes forward. I have faith in Jonas, but I think Martin is almost the best 1on1 player in the comp. Also unsure as to whether we put Kane of Cotchin or Deledio. Cotchin gets bigger numbers, but boy Deledio is more damaging. Honestly we stop a certain few players and they do not have much more after that. Miles for his inside work and Ellis for his outside work. They have a very very high top end, but in my eyes a mediocre middle tier.

I think our depth across the entire park will get us over the line on this one. How are they going to stop Boak/Wingard/Gray and the like? They do not have a recognized top tier tagger that can do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really worried about Martin when he goes forward. I have faith in Jonas, but I think Martin is almost the best 1on1 player in the comp. Also unsure as to whether we put Kane of Cotchin or Deledio. Cotchin gets bigger numbers, but boy Deledio is more damaging. Honestly we stop a certain few players and they do not have much more after that. Miles for his inside work and Ellis for his outside work. They have a very very high top end, but in my eyes a mediocre middle tier.

I think our depth across the entire park will get us over the line on this one. How are they going to stop Boak/Wingard/Gray and the like? They do not have a recognized top tier tagger that can do that.
Deledio murdered us earlier in year. He needs to have minimal possession as he can kick goals like Hartlett from range. I reckon Kane should go to him. Ebert defensive role on Cotchin. Jonas first go at Martin. Carlile on *******. Hartlett, Gray, Polec and Wingard to me a very crucial in attack. They all need big games. Westhoff needs to kick goals!

Its finals - true champions and leaders stand up during finals. Last 23 rounds irrelevant, players need to perform on big stage. All will be forgiven for Ebert's poor form if he can have a huge game.

And Hinkley, I hope he has saved some cards on his motivational work with the players. I think if we cover their 4 best players, we can beat them. One crushing quarter could turn them into water. But if we give them a sniff, we will need to dig deep - very deep.

Deledio murdered us earlier in year. He needs to have minimal possession as he can kick goals like Hartlett from range. I reckon Kane should go to him. Ebert defensive role on Cotchin. Jonas first go at Martin. Carlile on *******. Hartlett, Gray, Polec and Wingard to me a very crucial in attack. They all need big games. Westhoff needs to kick goals!

Its finals - true champions and leaders stand up during finals. Last 23 rounds irrelevant, players need to perform on big stage. All will be forgiven for Ebert's poor form if he can have a huge game.

And Hinkley, I hope he has saved some cards on his motivational work with the players. I think if we cover their 4 best players, we can beat them. One crushing quarter could turn them into water. But if we give them a sniff, we will need to dig deep - very deep.
I am very worried about Cornes going with Deledio up forward though. He has been playing more in the forward half than just pure mid and Kane can't keep up with him there I do not think.

Kane needs to go to Miles. Need to shut him out of the game.

We need to manufacture a 3rd tall this week. We need that campaigner Grimes to be forced to play on someone other than Wingard. Jacko fwd as often as possible please.

Ebert needs a big game. I'd stick him on Deledio but Ebert needs to minimise the stupid decision making and rubbish disposal he has been serving up the last 7 or so weeks.

Monfries has to seriously come under fire for his position this week.

Logan in, I'd love it, but If Hinkley didn't include him in the teams when we were trying to snatch 4th position, I doubt he'll bring him in for our first final.

Jonas to Martin when in the forward line, absolutely.

Impey probably goes out for O'Shea.

I'd like to see O'Shea go to Deledio when he's in the forward line, Cornes gets Deledio when he's in the midfield.

Wines and Miles go head to head.

Defensive role for Ebert on Cotchin.

Hombsch goes to Riewoldt.

Gray continues to dominate both in the middle and up forward.

Wingard needs to turn it on big time and I have a feeling he will this week.

Westhoff and Trengove rotate between the forward and back line all game, helping out Lobbe in the ruck.

We MUST move the ball forward fast and with precision, hitting up TARGETS. If we don't do this, their loose man in defence will win the game for them.

Come on Port!!!

Kane needs to go to Miles. Need to shut him out of the game.

We need to manufacture a 3rd tall this week. We need that campaigner Grimes to be forced to play on someone other than Wingard. Jacko fwd as often as possible please.

Ebert needs a big game. I'd stick him on Deledio but Ebert needs to minimise the stupid decision making and rubbish disposal he has been serving up the last 7 or so weeks.
I would almost prefer Ebert to play a super hard tag on Deledio and not care at all about his own output. We don't actually depend on Ebert to win the ball, we have a number of mids to do that. Ebert could crush anyone with his fitness base and size. Almost agree with the other user above that we send Cornes to Miles and stop him. He is one of the biggest factors to Richmond turning their form around this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back