Adam Goodes and the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes did actually get hit in the face. Like with Thomas, I have no problem with a player highlighting contact. Otherwise I'd be spitting about Deledio's dive late in the last quarter.

That said, he took a spill last week which put himself out of a contest. That I have a problem with on pure numbers grounds as a supporter.

As far as being booed is concerned, Goodes has been booed throughout his career at Victorian games. Well before any of his confected controversies. Only those who boo him can answer why. But it has nothing to do with diving or "sniping". The booing came a long way first.

Goodes did actually get hit in the face. Like with Thomas, I have no problem with a player highlighting contact. Otherwise I'd be spitting about Deledio's dive late in the last quarter.

That said, he took a spill last week which put himself out of a contest. That I have a problem with on pure numbers grounds as a supporter.

As far as being booed is concerned, Goodes has been booed throughout his career at Victorian games. Well before any of his confected controversies. Only those who boo him can answer why. But it has nothing to do with diving or "sniping". The booing came a long way first.

It was the worst dive I have ever seen. The contact was across the chest and minimal....what a joke! Deserves all the media scrutiny he is getting.

He dives, stages, snipes off the ball and picks and chooses when to go. He has done this for his entire career - his whole career - its not a new thing. That's why he gets booed.

Clearly contact was made high on the chest. He is a serial diver, you should move on.
And yet the photo shows clear contact on the face. Go figure.

TPT7NSh.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't give a toss bag. If that is the worst thing he does on a footy field, all good.

Pretty clear it's about nose level, actually (you know, that soft cartilage right between your eyes). You ever been hit in the nose at that sort of speed? That's what happens. You flinch backwards.

At full speed, it doesn't look like he gets hit, so it looks like he's diving. But you can actually see he does get hit, which means he's not. Pretty ******* simple.

Rubbish, want a comparison on what a player who is not faking will do, just look at batchelor. In the last frenetic 1 minute batcherlor took a mark and goods clipped him with a closed fist in the face. Batch just shrugged it off, kicked the ball to jack and only then put his head in his hands. Just look at the vision, Goodes whacked him front on. I have no idea why it did not even come up under the MRP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back