SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting I had to sign up on here to discuss football rather than in person on a weekend, but each to their own. Stacey, the reason you get a lot of my attention is because you run around the football field mouthing off with nothing to back it up, you act like you are above everyone else. Have pride in your game, but also some humility and you probably wouldn't find yourself in those situations. If you are talking about receiving concussion on Saturday from that head clash we had, then remember a head clash requires 2 heads to collide, it hurt me also. As for willowj, one of the boys text me informing me you play for black rock, I don't even know who you are? and furthermore, I've only played black rock once. Didn't play against them at all last year, or the first game of this season.
In regard to the premiership, I hope we don't lose, but if we win, I certainly wont be on here promoting an SFL Div3 flag like I just won an AFL premiership.
As for Sandown, I play them hard like they play us, and it's always a good clash, which is why the scoreboard between the 2 teams is always never too far apart.
I wouldn't be taking Lyndale too lightly either. A very physical side, with some class players who are well in with their own chance to win the flag.

Haha head clash hey? Is that what you call it...

I enjoy a bit of banter on the oval and usually expect to cop it back but not the way you give it back, I respect the way you go about your "footy" but yeah behind the play is not on.

Hopefully in 2 weeks we will get the chance to go at it again.

colbert-popcorn.gif

Wowwwwwwie.....Having read this forum for another year its the same old s**t and before seasons end i thought i would say my piece.

1. The best side in September will win the Flag. Maybe Mount do have mental scares over the last few years, maybe they don't. Who cares!!!! Get down support Local Footy and enjoy the contest. For mine CPL are a class above. When the whips are cracking i think they will have too much. Lyndale are my smoky if they are allowed to play like they have the last 2 weeks they will be a threat come GF day.

2. Violence has no place in any sport. As a player and a coach i don't care if you are frustrated, annoyed, pissed off hitting anyone whether in a contest, behind play in any shape or form is to be stamped out. My take is to record every game and send the tape to the League and charge anyone caught. Simple. Don't support someone who does it, don't pat him on the back for being tough. STAMP IT OUT.

3. Who cares what other people do at their clubs. If they pay players or they dont pay players. If you all want a fair system put to the league to put a salary cap in place about how much you can pay players. Then there if clubs are caught going outside this, punish them and then come on and smack them dont walk on egg shells pretending you know when you dont.

4. Credit to the blokes who dont hide behind an Alias, i would put my name to this but my email address is already in use and i cant change it. But for f*** sake. Seriously. Lets talk about the great things in football. Like for starters Black Rock making the finals after finishing 2nd bottom last yr, Gough kicking 98 goals or Turbo being the biggest pretty boy in the comp. Have a laugh, but keep the personal jibes to yourselves. Id rather let my ability and my ticker do the talking over anything i could say on a forum.

5. One thing that has to change is regardless of ladder position or strength of players you play your best side you can. If you have players who have the ability, who can play the level, who dont train and who dont want to become a leader and take the club forward. Why keep them?

As for the in balance in teams in different grades. Maybe Dandenong are really a good 2s side and arent a good 1s side? Maybe Hallam the same? What i dont agree with is blokes playing 2 or 3 games because others cant be assed. You need the commitment from all your players, regardless of ability. Otherwise clubs like each and everyone of ours will slowly cease to exist as the culture becomes toxic.

6. The SFL needs to work with Local Councils to make every surface and facilities for every club acceptable. Places like Sth Yarra which isnt even flat with the away team in a basketball stadium is an example of either move them to an acceptable ground or work with the Council to get the facilities built. Moorabbins ground isnt even straight with the scoreboard end at a right angle from the other end.

All in all im proud to play for my club, be a leader amongst my team mates and i want the comp to improve not be seen as a place where all this bullshit goes on.

Happy Hunting Gents

Wowwwwwwie.....Having read this forum for another year its the same old s**t and before seasons end i thought i would say my piece.

1. The best side in September will win the Flag. Maybe Mount do have mental scares over the last few years, maybe they don't. Who cares!!!! Get down support Local Footy and enjoy the contest. For mine CPL are a class above. When the whips are cracking i think they will have too much. Lyndale are my smoky if they are allowed to play like they have the last 2 weeks they will be a threat come GF day.

2. Violence has no place in any sport. As a player and a coach i don't care if you are frustrated, annoyed, pissed off hitting anyone whether in a contest, behind play in any shape or form is to be stamped out. My take is to record every game and send the tape to the League and charge anyone caught. Simple. Don't support someone who does it, don't pat him on the back for being tough. STAMP IT OUT.

3. Who cares what other people do at their clubs. If they pay players or they dont pay players. If you all want a fair system put to the league to put a salary cap in place about how much you can pay players. Then there if clubs are caught going outside this, punish them and then come on and smack them dont walk on egg shells pretending you know when you dont.

4. Credit to the blokes who dont hide behind an Alias, i would put my name to this but my email address is already in use and i cant change it. But for f*** sake. Seriously. Lets talk about the great things in football. Like for starters Black Rock making the finals after finishing 2nd bottom last yr, Gough kicking 98 goals or Turbo being the biggest pretty boy in the comp. Have a laugh, but keep the personal jibes to yourselves. Id rather let my ability and my ticker do the talking over anything i could say on a forum.

5. One thing that has to change is regardless of ladder position or strength of players you play your best side you can. If you have players who have the ability, who can play the level, who dont train and who dont want to become a leader and take the club forward. Why keep them?

As for the in balance in teams in different grades. Maybe Dandenong are really a good 2s side and arent a good 1s side? Maybe Hallam the same? What i dont agree with is blokes playing 2 or 3 games because others cant be assed. You need the commitment from all your players, regardless of ability. Otherwise clubs like each and everyone of ours will slowly cease to exist as the culture becomes toxic.

6. The SFL needs to work with Local Councils to make every surface and facilities for every club acceptable. Places like Sth Yarra which isnt even flat with the away team in a basketball stadium is an example of either move them to an acceptable ground or work with the Council to get the facilities built. Moorabbins ground isnt even straight with the scoreboard end at a right angle from the other end.

All in all im proud to play for my club, be a leader amongst my team mates and i want the comp to improve not be seen as a place where all this bullshit goes on.

Happy Hunting Gents
Best post of 2014! :)

Who gets through to Carrum? What is the key for each sides victory? Who needs to perform and who needs to be stopped? Obviously Gough is a big key, can they win without him kicking a bag?

Couldn't make it out there yesterday, easy win for mount? Did Lyndale challenge at all?

Couldn't make it out there yesterday, easy win for mount? Did Lyndale challenge at all?

Lyndale defiantly challenged but just couldn't hit the scoreboard, especially when it needed to be done and when mount went forward they seemed to score. The end score didn't show how Lyndale played but credit to mount when Lyndale challenged they showed why they finished on top.

And also point out there seemed to be a s**t load of free kicks, both ways, especially for holding the ball. A bit quick on the whistle the umpires were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyndale defiantly challenged but just couldn't hit the scoreboard, especially when it needed to be done and when mount went forward they seemed to score. The end score didn't show how Lyndale played but credit to mount when Lyndale challenged they showed why they finished on top.

And also point out there seemed to be a s**t load of free kicks, both ways, especially for holding the ball. A bit quick on the whistle the umpires were.

Mount were all over Lyndale...Defended better and went forward with more purpose with better decision making....The same Lyndale team that turned up the previous 2 weeks didnt turn up to play and like the Tigers you get found out against quality teams. Players go missing in critical moments and reliance too few.

Carrum vs Mt Wav we all picked it now who is the winner? Im taking Mount in a thriller, not a fan of either team, but just think they will beat the chokers tag. Gough to get BOG as i expect him to kick a big bag

DIVISION 3 GRAND FINAL PREVIEW
Mount Waverley vs Carrum Patterson Lakes
Leading Goalkickers:
MW: J.Gough (105) J.Rickard (41) L.Morrey (24) C.Jeffries (19)
CPL: T.March (62) J.Dalton (40) J.Olaman (24) R.Chadwick (21)
Best Players (TIB):
MW: J.Gough (12) M.Dennis (11) B.Stacey (10) B.Beecroft (8)
CPL: C.Mouritz (14) J.Bertrand (10) J.Dalton (9) C.Barr (9)
Past Results:
MW: 13.12.90
vs CPL: 10.9.69
CPL: 7.13.55 vs MW: 9.6.60
MW: 8.9.57 vs CPL: 9.12.66
Tip:
Mount Waverley by 10 points

This game could go either way. I didn't see these teams play during the year, but i watched there semi-final game 2 weeks ago. Mount Waverley's opening quarter hurt them, and they didn't take there opportunities in the last when Carrum were running out of legs, but i think playing last week will be good for Mount Waverley and if they improve there forward entries they should be able to run over the top of CPL. Who is everyone else tipping?

Can Mount finally beat those demons of previous years, and win the Division 3 premiership, the one they want so badly?

I think this game only be 10 points in it, and as seen in the previous fixtures, it's a toss of the coin!

I'm tipping CPL, Mouritz will be BOG, the cream always rises to the top.

Last edited:
Well the day has finally come, the best 2 sides in Div 3 square off for the ultimate prize and promotion to Div 2 in 2015.

Hopefully a big crowd down at Heatherton in what should be a thriller.

Look out for Nigel Scott tommorow, the big game player for the Lions to dominate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back