2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I just call a timeout for a second to just say to my fellow Lions supporters...

After last year's events, how nice is it to be on the other end?

Feels like I've said that at least 10 times in the last 3 days!

Yep, bloody nice. I understand how they all feel though, but it's mostly Collingwood & Essendon so that lessens the empathy a little.

However, if you threw all Brisbane players + Ryder on a list and were asked to pick ONE and one only to start a list, I'd still go Ryder.

I'm trying not t be biased or rose tinted, but yeah - I rate him that high.

Have to agree to disagree on that one then. I'd take Rockliff, Hanley and Leuenberger first, and consider Martin before taking Ryder for his longer track record.

Can I just call a timeout for a second to just say to my fellow Lions supporters...

It's better to be on the other end, but it just seems to mean the stupidity and gnashing of teeth goes the other way. :(

It's better to be on the other end, but it just seems to mean the stupidity and gnashing of teeth goes the other way. :(

It's the silly season. There is a standard quota of gnashing and online threats to be satisfied. You're either dishing it out or receiving it.

Something doesn't feel right.

wwwhat-the-hell-am-i-hearing.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw a news article saying Mitch Robinson is on the way out at Carlton... thoughts?

My son is named Mitchell Robinson. When Mitch the player entered the draft I thought momentarily 'how cool if there is a Lions player also named Mitchell Robinson'. Then I thought 'what if he's a crab and supporters yell "You suck Mitchell Robinson!" over the fence?'. How would my son cope hearing that? How would I cope if I agreed with the supporters.

Mitch the player is Robbie Copeland Mark 2, only without the awareness of his own limitations (that made Bushy so effective and valuable). His continued off-field moronics have made me ever so pleased that he wasn't selected by us.

And I hope we never have a Mitchell Robinson on our list unless it is in 10 years or so as a new draftee...

I'm going to buck the trend:

I like Mitch Robinson as a player. The player called Mitch Robinson I would happily have as a Brisbane Lion. He's found life a bit tough under Mick Malthouse, and it doesn't surprise me that the two of them wouldn't see eye to eye a lot.

Obviously he struggles a bit off the field. I don't know enough about why that is to know if he'd go better with us.

But if the club felt they could deal with the off-field stuff I'd be happy to have him at the Lions.

That said, I don't reckon Leppitsch would be keen on that type of player. Not quick or versatile enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back