2014 rising star

Remove this Banner Ad

if jaryd blair (aka lewis taylor) wins this i will meltdown.

Would be a very deserving winner IMO. Would love him at the Dogs..... How about it Brisbane, 4th round pick and Christian Howard ?? :p

Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Mark Evans, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson, Warren Tredrea and Kevin Sheehan.

Honestly I only think there are two voters there who should be on the panel.

I wouldn't mind Wayne Campbell plus some former AFL umpires giving votes. It takes away any bias.

Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Mark Evans, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson, Warren Tredrea and Kevin Sheehan.

Honestly I only think there are two voters there who should be on the panel.

I wouldn't mind Wayne Campbell plus some former AFL umpires giving votes. It takes away any bias.

They should put Emma Quayle on the panel, she might not have any bigger clue on who will become the better player, but at least she watches and has interest in the development of juniors.

In most years, it is because there is a definitive number 1 RS, this year it is even so they try and give it to their own states. Tredea gave it to Impey over Aish?
Don't know what Jakovich was doing then giving 5 and 4 to Taylor and Aish, he must have forgotten where he's from.

At the end of the day one of Taylor, Bonti, McDonald or Aish are going to win it. None of them would be particularly unworthy. The fact that Tredrea voted for Impey still won't take votes away from your main chance Taylor who he gave votes to, so unless Aish misses out by 1 vote it'll be a moot point. Given it's a subjective award, maybe Tredrea thought Impey was better regardless of which state he's from, who knows?

If some journalist had any balls he would ask each panelist have they seen every game that each nominee has played this season, I think Shifter would be the only one who say yes without lying.

Don't know what Jakovich was doing then giving 5 and 4 to Taylor and Aish, he must have forgotten where he's from.

At the end of the day one of Taylor, Bonti, McDonald or Aish are going to win it. None of them would be particularly unworthy. The fact that Tredrea voted for Impey still won't take votes away from your main chance Taylor who he gave votes to, so unless Aish misses out by 1 vote it'll be a moot point. Given it's a subjective award, maybe Tredrea thought Impey was better regardless of which state he's from, who knows?

If given the choice between McDonald winning or him not appearing/losing and being at training today, I would pick the training. That is how much the award means to me.

If some journalist had any balls he would ask each panelist have they seen every game that each nominee has played this season, I think Shifter would be the only one who say yes without lying.

I don't believe Shifter is as far removed from AFL House that he needs to be to be completely unbiased. Just my opinion, but I believe in the past few years there have been a number of 'expansion club need some promotion' type nominations....

I still think putting up the 3 most eligible candidates (in this instance, Bonts, Taylor and McDonald) and have the general public vote for the winner would be the best way to go about it, and at least eliminate accusations of home state/club bias

I don't believe Shifter is as far removed from AFL House that he needs to be to be completely unbiased. Just my opinion, but I believe in the past few years there have been a number of 'expansion club need some promotion' type nominations....

I think the 40 first round picks is a better tonic than some biased nominations. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think putting up the 3 most eligible candidates (in this instance, Bonts, Taylor and McDonald) and have the general public vote for the winner would be the best way to go about it, and at least eliminate accusations of home state/club bias

Teams like the Dogs and Lions get few FTA games.

Well, then it becomes a contest as to who has the larger supporter base.

Ridiculous idea.

It increases the amount of votes, but the fairest way to do it would be to have one representative from every team.

Well, then it becomes a contest as to who has the larger supporter base.

Well anything has to be better then the shambles of a voting system we have now, imagine if Bonts wins by a vote, he will be unfairly accused of getting over the line by Luke Darcy giving him 5 votes.

Maybe we should remove former players of clubs who have serious contenders for the award as judges then ?

So the winner goes to the club with the most fans? Anyone who played for the Dogs, Roos and Demons would never win if there was a nominee from say Collingwood or Essendon

Total points contributed per game of rising stars:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-0...gs-rising-star

1. Bontempelli - 11.7 points per game
2. Stringer - 10.3 ppg
3. Dunstan - 10.2 ppg
4. Hrovat - 9.5 ppg
5. Langdon - 9.4 ppg
6. Aish - 9.3 ppg

Astounding on that evidence that Stringer hasn't garnered a vote yet.

This should be how the award is decided. What is the point in having a highly sophisticated statistical rankings system if it's not put to use in awards such as this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back