Aquinas v Richmond (Richmond v Powerhouse 2's) at Clayton

It's up on VAFA website now, both games Saturday;

Blues v St Leos (UHS v LaTrobe 2's) at Garvey Oval
Aquinas v Richmond (Richmond v Powerhouse 2's) at Clayton

Two cracking games...

Aquinas have won 5 of last 6...
Richmond 6 from 6...
Northern 5 of 6...
St Leos 3 from 6, having lost once to each of the teams above them, are probably the only team not in top gear, and should go in as underdogs to NB.

Last time RC and Aquinas played the difference was a goal... so you can't read much into that... Both sides would claim they are stronger now than back in round 7.

Two cracking games...

Aquinas have won 5 of last 6...
Richmond 6 from 6...
Northern 5 of 6...
St Leos 3 from 6, having lost once to each of the teams above them, are probably the only team not in top gear, and should go in as underdogs to NB.

Last time RC and Aquinas played the difference was a goal... so you can't read much into that... Both sides would claim they are stronger now than back in round 7.

I had the pleasure of watching NB on Saturday, I also played against St Leo's earlier in the year when they were in top gear(they smashed us by 100+), I reckon if St Leo's were in that sort of form they'd be a chance, but what i witnessed Saturday was football from the higher grades and that's exactly where I think NB are going with there current crop. The other game intrigues me, we were lucky enough to cop Richmond at the end of there mid season form slump and rolled em, Aquinas looked solid in both there wins against us but I didn't get the feeling they were miles ahead of SU or AP. I'm tipping a really tight one there a sneaky extra time chance perhaps, that would make for some drama.

I had the pleasure of watching NB on Saturday, I also played against St Leo's earlier in the year when they were in top gear(they smashed us by 100+), I reckon if St Leo's were in that sort of form they'd be a chance, but what i witnessed Saturday was football from the higher grades and that's exactly where I think NB are going with there current crop. The other game intrigues me, we were lucky enough to cop Richmond at the end of there mid season form slump and rolled em, Aquinas looked solid in both there wins against us but I didn't get the feeling they were miles ahead of SU or AP. I'm tipping a really tight one there a sneaky extra time chance perhaps, that would make for some drama.

If NB can keep their group together they should march up the grades, especially with the u19's flooding through. They have a pretty good feeder by the sounds of it, and it will be interesting to see where they eventually settle.

So who will be in the big dance? Blues v Bloods? Snakes v Animals? Snakes v Blues? Animals v Bloods?

Could be anything. I predict both games will be close. Too close to call. Good luck to all the coaches, players and volunteers and may umpiring have no effect on the outcome :)

Tipping Blues v Bloods for the GF after two very close games this week.

Bloods by a country mile!!!

Richmond are to old, to big, to slow......nowhere near as much talent as Aquinas. Will be 5 goals + the way of Aquinas.

Northern to get the job done over the animals.....think they may have a few players out over on Burwood Highway!

Good to see we have an English teacher present.....picking up on the important issues!
Well if you're going to be an overconfident lad, at least be an educated one ;)

I'm not sure who this 'bloodsrus96' moron is but he certainly doesn't speak for the club. We are quietly confident of a good showing tomorrow but are certainly not getting ahead of ourselves. We know it will be a tough, contested game and may the best team on the day take home the chocolates. Go Bloods

I have a feeling the Emmaus v Northern game will be very tight for the majority of the contest. I'll have Northern by 4 goals with some last quarter run to steer them home.
All cylinders firing down at the vein at training this week. The bloods will be hard to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond are to old, to big, to slow......nowhere near as much talent as Aquinas. Will be 5 goals + the way of Aquinas.

Northern to get the job done over the animals.....think they may have a few players out over on Burwood Highway!
i was struggling to pick a winner for this, now i hope richmond wins this one

Preliminary Finals
Northern Blues - Emmaus St Leos
Aquinas - Richmond
Should be two tense and tight matches with the Blues to be too classy and the Snakes to just slither across the line.

Were you right?

Arguably the two best sides late in the season to playoff in the grand final. Will be an absolute ripper! Well done to both Emmaus and Aquinas on very good seasons!

Yes commiserations to Leo's and AOC. The top 4 teams were dead even. There was nothing in either game today by the looks, as predicted I guess. It's tough to be so close to promotion and just miss it. But couldn't be happier for the snakes. It's been a strange season for them. One more win to go!

6-17 to 6-2 after half time says Richmond probably could have made it a bit easier on themselves! Well done to the Snakes, it takes a lot of hard work from a lot of people over a lot of years (this means you Waz) to get 3 sides into a GF in the one year.

Wondering if this is the first time ever in a top 6 / top 8 finals system where both winning preliminary finalists have kicked less goals than their opposition!

Richmond seemed to start getting the better of Aquinas with about 5 mins to play in the third quarter, but they just couldn't get a goal. They did dominate possession in the last quarter, and Aquinas started making a few mistakes. The snakes kicked 8 straight behinds to the bloods two goals half way through the 4th, and didn't take the lead until about 8 mins to go. Once they got in front they didn't look like being headed.

Does anyone know how to delete previous comments???

Well played by the snakes!! Deserve the spot next week and a crack at D2....good on then getting 3 sides to the big dance!

Aquinas will be back bigger and better next year!
Well played to AOB; was a cracking game.

Impressive stuff from Richmond in the last couple of months. Better team on the day. Up by three goals with 5 to go in the third we looked comfortable. Had a lapse and Richmond capitalised to head into the break only a few points down from memory. Too goo in the last with a slight breeze

As above had a feeling the other game would be tight.
Two very different game styles heading into the granny this week. Much respect for Richmond after the weekend however I feel the blues will get home by a solid margin. Northern by 6 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back