General Bombers Talk General VFL Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick shout out to our retiring Captain Ben Duscher on the one last hurrah as part of an inaugural VFL versus the Ireland Gaelic Federation practice game in the lead up to the BiAnnual International Rules series against Australia.

Only Ben was selected from Essendon whilst the squad (of 36 - two of which come from country Victorian FL's) made up largely of Williamstown and Port Melbourne veterans whilst a raft of youngsters have been given a rare opportunity to play including Frankston trio Ben Cavarra, Nic Newman & Shannon Taylor. Whilst Jack Package's boy Jake Owne, my boy Adam Marcon and eth-dog's arch nemesis Lachlan Ferguson has also been selected.

The full squad (here) will be coached by 2013 Box Hill Hawks Premiership coach Damian Carroll.

Seems you drop names as easy as a cricket ball :p

Is he really too small for AFL? He isn't smaller than Boomer and we need some good smalls up forward, do you think that he could do it?
He'd be 5'6" at most.

Geez, really? I thought that he was 5'9" or in that region. Hmmm, he would have to be very, very talented to make it at that size, which is unfortunate for him (and us) I'd guess.
I'm 6'2" with a big head and he gets up to my shoulder.

So Collingwood (5.15.45) lost to Sandringham (10.11.71) with Kyle Martin amongst the bests for Collingwood and Kenny Ong kicking 4 for the Zebra's.

Port Melbourne 12.6.78 lost to Box Hill Hawks (16.6.102) with the usual suspects busy for the Borough and a host of Hawks chipping in with multiples (Ben McEvoy - 4, Grimley - 4, Peter McEvoy - 2) whilst young onballers Mitch Hallahan and Alex Woodward were busy.

Todays results saw the second placed Footscray Bulldogs (14.11.95) defeating Williamstown Seagulls (10.15.75) with Tory Dickson and Ayce Cordy each kicking 3 whilst my boy Adam Marcon, Willie Wheeler, Ben Jolley, Jack Charlston and Leigh Masters all doing well for the 'Gulls.

In the battle of the Kangaroos affiliate's Werribee (13.12.90) defeated North Ballarat (7.11.53) with former Bendigo listed player Trent Shinners doing well for the Tigers and Lachie George, Trent Dumont and young onballer Nic Rippon all winning plenty of the ball.

Sets up next weekends fixtures as;

Port Melbourne Borough v Sandringham Zebras next sunday whilst Williamstown will face off against Werribee Tigers also on Sunday as Box Hill and Footscray enjoy the week off.

Williamstown vs Werribee will be fantastic to see, they're traditional rivals IIRC?

Also, Yoda_ might know more about this, but is it true that St. Kilda and Sandringham are going to part ways? I think I saw it mentioned somewhere on BigFooty. If so; that's a shame, they (along with Box Hill/Hawthorn and Carlton/Preston) should have been the most likely to succeed.

Port knock Sandy out. So they'll play Footscray next Saturday. Out of curiosity, if Footscray make the GF, does Port play Foxtel Cup or the loser of BH vs Williamstown/Werribee?

Williamstown vs Werribee will be fantastic to see, they're traditional rivals IIRC?

Also, Yoda_ might know more about this, but is it true that St. Kilda and Sandringham are going to part ways? I think I saw it mentioned somewhere on BigFooty. If so; that's a shame, they (along with Box Hill/Hawthorn and Carlton/Preston) should have been the most likely to succeed.

It is true eth-dog. St.Kilda's alignment with Sandringham was due to expire at the end of this year.

Also, worth noting that Paul Amy suggests that up to 15 of the Bendigo Gold listed players from 2014 will be looking to stay at VFL ranks.

Port knock Sandy out. So they'll play Footscray next Saturday. Out of curiosity, if Footscray make the GF, does Port play Foxtel Cup or the loser of BH vs Williamstown/Werribee?

I didn't catch much of it but Sandy never seemed 'in it'. The Port Melbourne juggernaut keeps on keeping on

And no mention of the Liston in here? Come on eth-dog.

Note that Ben Duscher (10) was again our leading vote getter heading Leroy Jetta (7), youngster Orazio Fantasia (6) Tippungwutti & Steinberg (5), Jason Ashby on 4 and my boy Coghlan on 3.

Some special mentions to Kyle Martin (9) who was expected to poll well did not enter the final top 10 voting, team of the year debutant Tom Gribble (0) did not poll a single vote and eventual winner Alex Woodward (Bol Hill Hawks) outvoted the entire Bendigo Gold outfit (20 - 11).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And no mention of the Liston in here? Come on eth-dog.

Note that Ben Duscher (10) was again our leading vote getter heading Leroy Jetta (7), youngster Orazio Fantasia (6) Tippungwutti & Steinberg (5), Jason Ashby on 4 and my boy Coghlan on 3.

Some special mentions to Kyle Martin (9) who was expected to poll well did not enter the final top 10 voting, team of the year debutant Tom Gribble (0) did not poll a single vote and eventual winner Alex Woodward (Bol Hill Hawks) outvoted the entire Bendigo Gold outfit (20 - 11).
I assumed the Liston was the week before the GF, ala the Brownlow :oops:.

Talk is that we are on of 5 clubs in the running for delisted former Hawk and Lions big man Jordan Lisle.

I'd love to snag him, would be a decent get at VFL level
He'd be a handy swingman to have. Kefford FF, Lisle CHF, Lowden (potentially) FP/ruck, Tagliabue ruck, Steinberg CHB, Freezer FB. Solid spine to build on.

Very excited to hear we are in the running for Lisle! Exactly what we need! Would love to see Sam Dunell return to us as well now he isn't longer at the Saints!

What are your hopes for the fixture Yoda_, Jack Package, BrunoV, Doss? Personally I want home games vs Williamstown, Werribee and North Ballarat with away games vs St. Kilda, Box Hill and Collingwood (which is basically guaranteed since we hosted ANZAC Day this year).

What are your hopes for the fixture Yoda_, Jack Package, BrunoV, Doss? Personally I want home games vs Williamstown, Werribee and North Ballarat with away games vs St. Kilda, Box Hill and Collingwood (which is basically guaranteed since we hosted ANZAC Day this year).

Id love some more f*cking games this side of town. Only had TWO for the whole 2014 campaign and one of those was a bloody TV game.

Would love a full banquet of games at Sandy, Frankston, Casey, Bocks Hill even the Borough is easy enough to get too on the weekend trips into the city.

Id love some more f*cking games this side of town. Only had TWO for the whole 2014 campaign and one of those was a bloody TV game.

Would love a full banquet of games at Sandy, Frankston, Casey, Bocks Hill even the Borough is easy enough to get too on the weekend trips into the city.
Can do without those two, and aren't St. Kilda now split with Sandy? Wouldn't that leave them at Moorabin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back