Preview Port v Hawthorn - Back in Black

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Rohde just confirmed Port will be wearing our black home guernsey in the Hawthorn game.

No clash between black vs brown and gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Rohde just confirmed Port will be wearing our black home guernsey in the Hawthorn game.

No clash between black vs brown and yellow.

Pfft, 'confirmed'? Come on Ford, it's only Sunday. In 6 days time Gilligan's Island will have us wearing purple with pink polka dots and Hawthorn in the prison bars.

Black Guernsey with white shorts is probably my favorite outfit the team has. Just what I wanted for the Preliminary Final next weekend.

Yep

285569-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Pfft, 'confirmed'? Come on Ford, it's only Sunday. In 6 days time Gilligan's Island will have us wearing purple with pink polka dots and Hawthorn in the prison bars.

Will Eddie McGuire approve us wearing that combo?

If Port Adelaide do beat us, then I hope they go on and win the 2014 Premiership. I don't like Sydney at all (for obvious reasons) whereas Port are a good team that I respect and even admire for what they've been able to do/achieve in such a short period of time and they would be deserving winners if they happen to go all the way this year.

If Port Adelaide do beat us, then I hope they go on and win the 2014 Premiership. I don't like Sydney at all (for obvious reasons) whereas Port are a good team that I respect and even admire for what they've been able to do/achieve in a short period of time and they would be deserving winners if they happen to go all the way.

Ditto. No matter what happens this week, I'll be supporting the winner of this game against the COLA's or the Patches O'Houlihan trained (dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge) Norf side.

Please win. And the week after too. K thx.

Ditto. No matter what happens this week, I'll be supporting the winner of this game against the COLA's or the Patches O'Houlihan trained (dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge) Norf side.

If the Hawks don't win it, Port are easily my choice for the flag. They play an attractive brand of football and have recruited very well during the last three years which has gotten them to this stage today.

All the best to the Port Adelaide supporters who are making the trip over to the G. It should be a great atmoshere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL are making my life miserable - follow up dentist appointment at 12 Dubai time Saturday which equals about half way through the 2nd quarter.
Who schedules a game at 445 in the afternoon?
Looking at the bright side it may be an omen - had to stop watching yesterday and that's when we started to play...

Looking at the bright side it may be an omen - had to stop watching yesterday and that's when we started to play...

I had to stop watching at half time myself, yesterday. Had a shocker of a headache, so had to put myself to bed early. And the rest is history. Wonder if I can schedule another one for next Saturday afternoon. Actually, no cancel next Saturday's headache plans. It's my husband's birthday that day (and my 40th birthday 2 days later), so we may well be going out and doing something instead (don't think I'd be too popular if I tried to skive off with a headache. lol.). We might get part of the game in, but it remains to be seen if we'll get the whole thing in.

Should be a cracker of a game. Hoping for no serious injuries, or players losing their heads and getting reported. We'll need everyone right and available for the following weekend.

If Port Adelaide do beat us, then I hope they go on and win the 2014 Premiership. I don't like Sydney at all (for obvious reasons) whereas Port are a good team that I respect and even admire for what they've been able to do/achieve in such a short period of time and they would be deserving winners if they happen to go all the way this year.

same the only problem i found is the only teams i wanted to win the GF where in our side of the draw obviously us freo and hawks shame there is no chance of locking out the GF

From a Pies fan I was so rapt for you lads to get up last night. Well done, I have developed a soft spot for you guys ever since J-Mac passed away. I'm cheering for you boys to go all the way this season. I really admire the way Ken Hinkley goes about things and the way your team plays. Boaky is a great leader too.

Go Power!

On SEN this morning they reported that in regards to rioli, the story of whether he will play of not seems to change depending on who you talk to with some saying he is a definite and others saying he is no chance. The most telling info is that hawthorn had a simulation game on Friday passed, suckling played a few quarters but rioli didn't play a minute. I'm thinking he won't be risked...

Really important Jonas plays so he can lock down on Bruest. Imagine Bobby wil go to Roughead, Jacko to Hale and Hombsch to Gunston.
Hawthorns attack is one of their main strengths but I think our backline are more than capable of going with them in those particular match ups. It'll be the midfield battle where it's won & again I think it's an area we should be able to match up well on them given our plethora of mid/fwds.

Monfries will also have an extremely important job on their best running halfback Birchall/Suckling as most of their drive comes from these guns plus Burgoyne, Hill & Smith.

Should be a cracking game between two evenly matched sides, I laughed at the Sunday footy show saying North are a chance of knocking off Sydney whilst writing off our chances, both sides are capable of causing upsets & making the GF from 5th/6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back