Mod. Notice Time for me to hang up the boots + nominations for new moderator

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
After five years or so it's time for me to hand in my moderator's badge. As much as I've enjoyed cleaning up the mess you guys leave this forum in all the time, work and other aspects of life are taking up more and more of my time. After six months of leaving all the work to Allefgib and Carl, my conscience has finally caught up with me :p So I'm going to move on, though obviously I'll still continue to post my usual fence-sitting, non-committal, barely-relevant drivel!

Moderating the Adelaide forum is not a two-person job, however, so we'll need someone to step up and fill my fetid shoes. To that end, Allefgib, Carl and I are keen to gather nominations for my replacement. If you think a fellow poster would make a great moderator - or if you think you would - post about it here. It's best if you say why you think someone would be a good moderator, rather than just simply mentioning a name. Although the final decision won't be decided by majority vote, it's obviously better if the chosen moderator is someone who has the support and respect of the majority of you.

And yes, I am aware of the irony of doing this on the day of Fagan's appointment, and that I am Stephen Trigg in this analogy. Much like Triggy I'll stay on board for a little while until the vastly superior option can come aboard and make everyone question why this change wasn't enacted years ago :p

Over to you guys!

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide

DREAM TEAM BUFF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Fred Medal Ex-Moderator
Feb 9, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC & HRT
Thanks for your all the great work on the Crows Board Stabby :thumbsu:
The new mod will have big shoes to fill.

No more stalking of Rory Sloane now :D

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Come on now, what are the odds of an Adelaide forum moderator having to step down because he was hired by the club? Would never happen.

I lol'd - You'd have to be a Wall-e to think that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephen2

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Zombie Sheep, Chattering class
After five years or so...
Geez, 5 years already?? I remember when you first started posting, you were very quickly popular for your balanced yet fun and sometimes funny (Rory-stalker) postings.

Well done mate, thanks for everything.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
:thumbsu:Well done, great service to the AFC board, some of the moderators on other boards, one in particular, could do with some of your fairness and balance!

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
Fages1 said:
We'll get the right people in the right seats...

Crikey. I thought Fages was onto me mate... Not you!!
Well he gets one bad call...

In all seriousness mate your service here has been fantastic and I've enjoyed 'working' together immensely. They will be massive shoes to fill. Please do keep up the tex vids and try to provide a needlessly long post note and then when some work is due ;)

Get cracking on nominations guys.. We've already had a pow wow and Carl and I are very open minded to morr diversity in our ranks. But if you think just like us and can be online more than we are you're still a great candidate ;) Throw those hats in the ring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back