The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'd never seen Markovic play a game before he signed with us, and so after looking at highlights and reading thoughts by those who have seen him play in Portugal, I was expecting to see someone genuinely use his pace to beat blokes. Instead, I can't recall a time he took on a player even once. Just labored on the ball. We can put it down to nerves but that wasn't what I was expecting at all.

Lovren was definitely the poorest out there though, and I've thought he has been ok before this game. But what he served up with the ball on his foot was terrible, especially when you've got Gerrard standing next to you. And why can we not mark corners again? Wouldn't be opposed to seeing the Skrtel/Sakho combination again midweek if they're both fit..at least Skrtel defends corners well.

Wasn't exactly fapping, he was tidy for those two games, he should stay as a sub now

Suso should be getting a go ahead of Borini, just a better option, he has the quality on the ball to break defenses down, even if he isn't quick.

Hoping Skrtel gets fit soon and comes back in for Lovren but Sakho will be the one to get dropped unfortunately
I was annoyed Suso wasnt on the bench. He offers so much more than Borini with his ability on the ball.

think he whipped in a cross that led to a corner.

why cant he perform for us like he did the sunderland?
Just because he scored a couple if important goals doesn't mean he played well for Sunderland.

After watching the game today how the * did Villa keep 11 on the park? Some seriously disgracefull acts that went unpunished.

And on Sterling's game time, seriously he is young and you want the guy to play 3 full games in a week ffs, fair suck of the sauce bottle.

Last edited:
And on Sterling's game time, seriously he is young and you want the guy to play 3 full games in a week ffs, fair suck of the sauce bottle.
Rest him against bloody ludogorets. Surely there are better times to rest him other than when we have just lost Sturridge and Allen. At least keep some of the lineup similar.

Rest him against bloody ludogorets. Surely there are better times to rest him other than when we have just lost Sturridge and Allen. At least keep some of the lineup similar.
Rest our best players in our first champions league game in years????
Don't ever underestimate your opposition, it will bite you in the ass if you do.

Rest our best players in our first champions league game in years????
Don't ever underestimate your opposition, it will bite you in the ass if you do.

Turns out Markovic was banned for two euro games, that might explain why Sterling got rested, but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow though

Rodgers has come out publicly criticising both Lovren and Sakho, particularly Lovren quite directly. Broken record nowadays, he's been complaining about the defense for one and a half seasons

Have more problems at the other end though, we're trying to adapt to life after Suarez and hasn't done it too well yet. Top teams concede early goals at home sometimes, but can't excuse 1 shot on target all game

Soooo Ludogorets' first choice and 2nd choice keeper are all out, the guy in line to play has never even played a league game

Shots galore

Would it surprise you if he played a blinder, held us to 0-0 and heralded a hero? Or maybe they should just stick Cosmin Moti in goal again. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Lovren & Sakho, Villa's goal at the weekend was entirely Balotelli's fault. He was supposedly marking Senderos and didn't even flinch when Senderos pulled away into the space.

Well Rodgers has come out publicly to criticise Lovren for not marking Senderos properly for the goal, and replay shows he let Senderos get away from him

If Balotelli is asked to mark anyone in a corner then it's the coaching staff's fault, coz it'd be insane, he should be told to attack the ball to clear it

Well Rodgers has come out publicly to criticise Lovren for not marking Senderos properly for the goal, and replay shows he let Senderos get away from him

If Balotelli is asked to mark anyone in a corner then it's the coaching staff's fault, coz it'd be insane, he should be told to attack the ball to clear it

Ah woops. Got my wires crossed. I was thinking of the clear header that Senderos had later in the half.

image.jpg
Balotelli touching Senderos
image.jpg
Senderos peels away
image.jpg
Senderos has a clear header, Balotelli hasn't even moved.

For the goal you're right, Lovren was marking Senderos who caused the spill that Agbonlahor scrapped in. Should have been far more aggressive in how he defended it, he sort of jumped up with Senderos but didn't put him under enough physical pressure.

Last edited:
Under Rafa we had Crouch who was designated to intercept set pieces by asking Crouch to just attack the ball, under Kenny it was Carroll

If we think we can just mark everyone really well and just make sure no one gets a header in then it's naive. People will get away from blokes, it's a messy situation. Gotta have someone there to attack the ball, it's the most important thing

That bloke should be Balotelli, coz if we're asking someone who's never marked anyone in corners in his life to mark a centre back then Christ almighty

i dont see anyone marking senderos in that final pic.

james harden-esque

10547916_942252155803309_5889498768479406909_o.jpg

For the goal you're right, Lovren was marking Senderos who caused the spill that Agbonlahor scrapped in. Should have been far more aggressive in how he defended it, he sort of jumped up with Senderos but didn't put him under enough physical pressure.

Goal was 100% Lovrens fault just like 3/4 of the goals conceded this season.

Is the Ludogorets game tonight? If so what time?

markovic.jpg According to the UEFA Fantasy data base Markovic is suspended .. Having said that I would like to see the following line up .. Mignolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Lallana, Sterling, Balotelli
Subs: Jones, Enrique, Toure, Lucas, Coutinho, Borini, Lambert .. We will win 3 or 4 Nil .. YNWA

Geez, dunno if I can be arsed getting up. I was expecting it to be later, I'm exhausted enough as is.

Haha mate, you're actually not going to get up for our first Champions League game in 4 years? Totally worth being tired at work all day.

According to the UEFA Fantasy data base Markovic is suspended .. Having said that I would like to see the following line up .. Mignolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Lallana, Sterling, Balotelli
Subs: Jones, Enrique, Toure, Lucas, Coutinho, Borini, Lambert .. We will win 3 or 4 Nil .. YNWA

Allen still carrying that knock from the sounds of things, with that in mind probably swap him for Coutinho but that would be pretty close to the lineup I'd be going with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back