2014 Moto GP

Remove this Banner Ad

Next years British Moto GP will be held at Donington Park.There's actually an odd reason for this - Dorna are moving the British GP as of 2015 to a new track called The Circuit of Wales.Problem is they haven't even started building it,so next years race [now at Donington] and maybe even 2016 might have to be held elsewhere.

http://circuitofwales.com/

They were saying on another site before the season started that Josh should start in moto3

That doesn't really make sense to me, he's 24 and used to bigger bikes. A lower level like World Supersport might've been a better international introduction but I'm sure Dorna would've had a hand in getting him to Moto2 due to there being such a shortage of American riders across all classes.

Next years British Moto GP will be held at Donington Park.There's actually an odd reason for this - Dorna are moving the British GP as of 2015 to a new track called The Circuit of Wales.Problem is they haven't even started building it,so next years race [now at Donington] and maybe even 2016 might have to be held elsewhere.

http://circuitofwales.com/

It's weird awarding a race to a proposed circuit that hasn't started being built, is unlikely to be built in time for the first race of the contract and still hasn't secured the full funding for the circuit to be built. Also, apparently Silverstone was in the frame to host as well but wanted too much money from the Circuit of Wales.

Also, Alex Marquez has signed with Marc VDS for two years, filling in the spot reserved for Jack Miller (who now has to deal with Marc VDS lawyers).

Moto2 should be great to watch next season. Alex Marquez, Rins, Folger, Rabat, Salom etc the next generation coming through. Jack would be included but a few journos around the paddock seem certain Jack has signed for LCR Honda on their proddy bike for next season but it just hasn't been announced yet.
WSBK at donnington usually throws up some good racing but is a pretty short lap if i remember. Compared to Silverstone anyway. Weird situation.

Anyone see Remy Gardners crash in the CEV championship? Woah he's a lucky lad! Could have been a lot worse.

2qco1za.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno what he did but from what I saw on the telecast, the penalty to Folger in the Moto2 race seemed an absolute farce. If I were him, I'd make a beeline for race direction to tear strips off them. He was 2 seconds behind the next rider and 4.5 seconds ahead of the next rider behind so whoever he did wrong to must've been 10 laps ago. Bloody joke. Poor guy has had no luck at all this year.

Gave the Rookie a MotoGP masterclass today

It was a stellar performance, Rossi showed terrific speed. Thought we were in for a cracking race with the early passing going on but it lasted all of about 3 laps. Once Rossi got to the front and Marquez made his mistake and crashed then it was all over rather quickly. The post race celebration was pretty amazing. Kinda looked like Casey's last Phillip Island x 10!

Marc VDS has announced they will run Scott Redding on a Honda satellite bike in the MotoGP class next year, in place of the Gresini team who will be running the new factory Aprilias. This throws Millers jump to the top class in doubt as the LCR team have secured a new British sponsor to run a two-bike team next year and talk is they'll want two Brits on board. And Miller ain't gonna be riding for VDS...

I dunno what he did but from what I saw on the telecast, the penalty to Folger in the Moto2 race seemed an absolute farce. If I were him, I'd make a beeline for race direction to tear strips off them. He was 2 seconds behind the next rider and 4.5 seconds ahead of the next rider behind so whoever he did wrong to must've been 10 laps ago. Bloody joke. Poor guy has had no luck at all this year.

I couldn't workout what any of those exceeding the track penalties were for.Where were they doing it ?

It's official - Miller to LCR in 2015.
It's a three year deal with HRC (he's signed to Honda, not Ceccinello) with two years at LCR leaving the possibilty of joining Repsol in 2017 when Marquez and Pedrosa are out of contract. His crew chief will be Cristian Gabarrini who famously spun spanners for Casey Stoner so Jack is in good hands.

Also, Eugene Laverty is confirmed to be in MotoGP though the team he will be with is unconfirmed (likely Aspar) and KTM have announced they will join MotoGP in 2017.

I couldn't workout what any of those exceeding the track penalties were for.Where were they doing it ?

Apparently he 'cut' the track somewhere multiple times - ran over the rumble strip onto the green. The team said it was only classed as a minor infraction during practice and qualifying and Folger said he didn't understand the penalty during the race until too late. Common sense needs to prevail in these circumstances. There is no ship-to-shore radio communication between pits and riders so add a penalty at the end of the race. At least then they have a chance to argue their case.

Wrong move IMO. Still hope he goes well and proves me wrong.