Game Day Official GDT - PRELIMINARY FINAL Sydney v NMFC, Friday PM, ANZ Stadium (Out: JMac / In: Jacobs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the knock on Wood (see what I did there??) is his defensive pressure and mindset I would not be bringing him in this week. IF we are forced to implement two changes then I'd go with:

Out: Macmillan - Harvey
In: Hansen/Tippett - Jacobs

If Hansen comes in he plays on Goodes/Reid and zones back to intercept mark, if Tippett comes in then he plays on Reid, Narni on Tippett, Thompson on Buddy but leave him when he pushes up the ground to intercept mark.

Jacobs to the back flank with Atley to move to the wing and provide us with some of the drive missing from Boomer.

Given the knock on Wood (see what I did there??) is his defensive pressure and mindset I would not be bringing him in this week. IF we are forced to implement two changes then I'd go with:

If Hansen comes in he plays on Goodes/Reid and zones back to intercept mark, if Tippett comes in then he plays on Reid, Narni on Tippett, Thompson on Buddy but leave him when he pushes up the ground to intercept mark.

Jacobs to the back flank with Atley to move to the wing and provide us with some of the drive missing from Boomer.
I'm not concerned about Reid, because well, he's a spud and Goodes is out of form and Buddy will probably injure his leg kicking cars again.

would rather mullet on a wing at this stage. we all know how good his footskills are and he is also quick. Get him forward of centre where he doesn't have to defend and he could be a good inclusion for boomer.

Mullet last year, for sure. This year for whatever reason he's lost a lot of ground. I can just see Wood having more impact then Mullet. Would be rapt if he proved me wrong because when he's 'on' he's a jet. Hopefully with a full preseason next year we'll see the best of him again

Backline match-ups definitely a worry.

Buddy vs Thompson
Tippett vs Grima
Reid vs Firrito
Goodes vs LMac?

Tippett will have to come in if Lachie is not fit
Agree on Tippett, allowing Narni or Spud to float. Wright on Goodes.

I think this is the most likely outcome.

Out: Macmillan, Bastinac
In: Hansen/Tippett, Adams

Firritto, Grima, Hansen/Tippett
Wright, Thompson, McDonald
Wells, Swallow, Dal Santo
Goldstein, Greenwood, Cunnington
Harvey, Black, Ziebell
Brown, Petrie, Thomas
Gibson, Atley, Turner
Adams (sub)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as INs/OUTs, I agree. Was thinking Tippett on Tippett, Spud on Reid, Narni floating.
Reckon Narni us best with a direct opponent. Hunter, Hansen or Wright to be the one to intercept.

Sydney the week before meeting North - beat Crows by ten goals. Sydney the week after meeting North - beat Freo by three goals. Sydney the week they met North - in terrible form.

They came top, they can play great, they are at home. Deserved favourites this week. But it's not ridiculous to believe North has the players and game to win this.

I'm not concerned about Reid, because well, he's a spud and Goodes is out of form and Buddy will probably injure his leg kicking cars again.

Exactly why we should worry.

Josh Walker kicked three goals FFS.

Good luck this weekend vs South Mel.... I mean "gets lots of extra concessions from the AFL so called Sydney" side.
Hope you beat them, and hope we win our game vs Hawthorn so we will meet in the Grand Final.

ben brown can get really dangerous against grundy. and lindsay has to deliver for us against his perennial master nick smith, but we are knee deep in this.

In Hansen/Tippet Nahas* Jacobs
Out McMillan *Boomer Bastinac

I reckon harvey will get off tonight so that is a very tempting bet.

Good luck on friday, I think most neutrals want to see you guys win.
I had a dip at $4.40 - I think that's way over regardless of whether Boomer plays or not (I also think he's in with a real show of getting off).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I had a dip at $4.40 - I think that's way over regardless of whether Boomer plays or not (I also think he's in with a real show of getting off).

For the sake of the game itself I hope he gets off. Disgrace you can miss a preliminary final or any game for that matter for something like that.

Reckon Narni us best with a direct opponent. Hunter, Hansen or Wright to be the one to intercept.
Wasn't there a game (or more?) where he did play more of an intercepting role, and did it well? Freo?

Anyways, if Tippett comes in he has to have a direct match up, on Tippett or Reid. Someone like Narni or Spud to then play more of a intercepting/rebounding role. And yes, could be Wright too of course. He or Spud on Goodes.

I'm assuming Lachie won't play.

amazed at those odds and at the line. You should be looking at a saver on the line and a good wallop at the odds.

No way do we deserve to be so short. You are a good side with virtually a complete list to choose from. It would have been different if last week had been a massively contested smashing with both sides hurting from the game. But it was a pretty open game with lots of open running footy. I can't really believe the idea that we would beat you four times in five given our lists, weather conditions, luck, random events, injuries during games and so on.

I still reckon anything more than 1.6 /2.5 is unders for you. Your best is as good as any team in the league and you have shown it repeatedly. Classic case of favourites bias if I've ever seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back