News New CEO - Andrew Fagan

Remove this Banner Ad

If it keeps it at the forefront, then good!

We want a good win loss record. We want trophies. We want to be successful. And it sounds like Fagan does too. Lets hope he can walk as well as he talks!
It will sit right below his determination to try and hit us with a 'black cat curse'. The guy is a complete hack. His journalistic credibility has been exposed as non-existent. He is little more than your average internet troll.

Fages is all about winning games. He picked the brumbies footy program apart and put it back together. They haven't missed the finals since and develop their talent better than anyone.

He is all about coaching and culture. Create the best footy program and everything flows from there. Players want to play for you. They stay for less. They come for less. And if a player leaves you've created a better player and better asset to cash in on via trade.

He's also incredibly down to earth and approachable. He's more at home in bay 13 than he is in the presidents box.

It will sit right below his determination to try and hit us with a 'black cat curse'. The guy is a complete hack. His journalistic credibility has been exposed as non-existent. He is little more than your average internet troll.
The guy is a flog.

Now he said we would not know what we had in Trigg until he was gone, I dunno, I reckon we've done ok :)

Fages is all about winning games. He picked the brumbies footy program apart and put it back together. They haven't missed the finals since and develop their talent better than anyone.

He is all about coaching and culture. Create the best footy program and everything flows from there. Players want to play for you. They stay for less. They come for less. And if a player leaves you've created a better player and better asset to cash in on via trade.

He's also incredibly down to earth and approachable. He's more at home in bay 13 than he is in the presidents box.

Well he's more than welcome to join us on the hill.

He made all of the right noises in the press conference. Of course actions are louder than words, but very encouraging.

I hated the picture of him and Chapman this morning, with Chapman looking all proud of himself.

Wanted Fagan to put him in a headlock and say "Now what the actual **** have you been doing?"

Was it this picture?

Spike-Chester.jpg

So, he's the anti-Trigg? I'm loving this guy already, daydreaming about him clunking heads together at the Westpac Centre.

Hemi, totes respect for you old son, whenever an opinion is needed on corporate governance I look for yours first ;)

I'm one of the people who said he looks worried / intimidated etc.

Per the bolded bit, I suspect you're right, but it seems very out of place. Based on past behaviour, I'd think he'd not be too fussed about what the fans thought, and if you'd just pulled off this coup of a hire, wouldn't you be smiling ear to ear? I guess he must be afraid of being pitchforked off the gravy train...

It's probably already been said, but it would be a bit uncomfortable for Chappy sitting there. Ordinarily the message is that everyone's doing a great job and that we just need to get a bit better at what we're doing. But still, we're doing great and we're in a really good position. This guy comes out and basically states the bleeding obvious, which is that we have underachieved. I haven't read the full transcript, but his vision is clearly that we aim to become the biggest and best performed club in the land. The Trigg/Chapman duo would have us believe and are on record as saying that we have been performing really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chapman has said Fagan was head and shoulders above the other candiadates. That's a pretty bold statement to make if you in fact offerred the job to someone else. It doesn't mean its true (as Chapman has form for porkys) but it is certainly more reliable than what some poster on BF said on the Port board.

The amusing thing is that certain numnuts on the Port board, especailly a certain poster that likes to believe in his intellectual superiority, are taking it as a fact that Haysman was our first choice. Now sure, there is room for doubt, but there is absolutely no basis for stating this as a fact and then using it to make childish insults about the AFC.

Either way, Fagan will be judged on performance and so in the end it doesn't matter.
Only have to see what he achieved at the Brumbies and compare that to what challenges we have to meet in the coming years to see Fagan was the man we wanted. I posted earlier, but to recap he oversaw the Brumbies move to a new training facility (we have began to negotiate this move already), he generated enough sponsorship/marketing income to propel the Canberra based Brumbies into one of the big ARU Franchises, against Franchises in bigger markets. He also oversaw a revamp of the coaching/training staff to ensure their competiveness in a global sport.

Think back to what Haysman did at Port. He could not negotiate sponsorship deals that were better than start up companies (MY/AussieATM neither exist anymore), he left the club in massive debt, and the football department staff under his tenure were a rabble. Finally he squealed about the SANFL taking to much money from their sub 20k crowds and rode the coat tails of the move to AO, which the SANFL/SACA/AFL and State Government negotiated.

Looking at what we need to achieve and the proof we can see of these two candidates have achieved, there is no way Haysman was in the running.

End of the day Caro got one wrong, Rooch ran with it as Gospel and the gullible Tealsters have decided Haysman must have been the first choice just like they believe their club was formed in 1870 and it was the SANFL's fault their club got "torn apart" and had to get the tarps out merely two years ago.

Last edited:
Hey guys, well done on your new CEO appointment, looks to tick a heap of boxes. Reckon his non AFL/SANFL/Vic background augurs well for a strong individual who can make changes.

Your last CEO Trigg has left a very big hole in your list with all those high draft choices taken away plus the fact you got zilch for Tippett. Reckon it will take some time to fix that hole but the new CEO is a good start to the whole process.

Can't believe the crap that is being written on the Port board about Fagan. Clearly superior to Haysman from my distance, doubt the latter was offered the job, just be doing some reair work after being crossed off!

Two things I loved hearing:

Disappointed with the lack of success of recent times. Chapman and his old mate would have crinched.

The framework is there and we have the potential to be great. Sounds like he wants the AFC admin to reconnect withe the supportrr base. Given the size of the membership, there's huge potential there that the old administration took for granted.

Chapman initially said he knew nothing about it.

Then the board minutes were leaked showing otherwise.

Since then he hasn't said anything.
Where were they leaked? Can the minutes be seen? Thanks

Two things I loved hearing:

Disappointed with the lack of success of recent times. Chapman and his old mate would have crinched.

The framework is there and we have the potential to be great. Sounds like he wants the AFC admin to reconnect withe the supportrr base. Given the size of the membership, there's huge potential there that the old administration took for granted.
the most impressive thing for me is that he has made a team from Canberra successful and he clearly has eastern state connections for the corporate stuff

oh and the passive aggressive bagging of the previous admin works well.

Definitely loved what I have heard so far.

I like the fact that he believes that you have assemble the best off field staff to get results, this has been something that has been lacking since Bill Sanders departed. Maybe we can actually now go and chase quality coaches rather than going the cheap route and hoping for the best.

I know it doesn't matter, for me Fagen is a fantastic appointment but does anyone know for sure if he was our first choice?, It just wouldn't make any sense to have a one trick pony like Haysmen as a front runner as the paps claim on their board, over someone with the credentials of Fagen.
I'm taking it more of a sign they didn't have leaks all over the place and/or that they were purposely throwing Haysman name out there because they knew he wasn't the guy, but it made complete sense as a typical Crows hire.

That's what makes me think that all the names thrown about for the other positions are bull dust. They seem to have made an effort to ensure that nobody talks and to throw out false info to keep people in check. Probably not that hard to do with Rucci anyway.

Can we please stop trying to draw any links between the good things about this appointment and the fact that Fagan was born in SA and "barracks" for the Crows ???

It's irrelevant and small-minded.

I'm sure it matters to some supporters out there ... but he is the CEO. I'm much more interested in what he has done in Corporate world than where his mum popped him out OR which team he would glance at from afar.

Getting a person from SA is not an advantage. Getting a Crows supporter is not an advantage.

He is a Crows man now, he is in SA now ... that is all that matters as far as that stuff goes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back