Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't you use that excuse always though?
You could. Which is why I said in a later post it's hard to judge whether taking the best available is the right approach given you could misjudge who is the best available etc.

But in cases such as Melbourne as Wines for example - when the team comes out says they took Toumpas as he was more suited to their needs - then you can deem it as a mistake.

As I said in a response to Sim yesterday - it's very easy to judge drafts in hindsight but I maintain best available over needs for your first pick everytime.

hopefully you'll have a better one coming up soon.

I rememeber 86,87,88 was an Ok run
93 (apart from the GF)
94, and of course 95
99,00 & 01

Geez I was spoiled.

I missed out on 86 and 87 but was there for the rest of it! Can't wait for us to be back up there again!!

93 (apart from the GF)
94, and of course 95
99,00 & 01

Geez I was spoiled.

Some of us have been even more spoiled..........

Remember Carlton playing Grand Finals in 68,69,70,72 and 73 and then of course there was the 79,81, 82 run.

Over those15 years we only missed the finals three times 71,74 and 77.

6 premierships and 2 runners-up in that time, unbelievable days.

Last edited:
I missed out on 86 and 87 but was there for the rest of it! Can't wait for us to be back up there again!!

87 was great. 30 degree day, DRJ blanketing derm...

and Fraser Murphy streaming into the fwd 50 to kick the sealer.

(a bit like the Garlett goal in the Richmond final last year... it was the moment where you just roared in triumph.)

etsal1, I sincerley hope you get that again soon.

87 was great. 30 degree day, DRJ blanketing derm...

and Fraser Murphy streaming into the fwd 50 to kick the sealer.

(a bit like the Garlett goal in the Richmond final last year... it was the moment where you just roared in triumph.)

etsal1, I sincerley hope you get that again soon.
That Jeffy goal.........we can't seriously lose him can we?

Thanks Mag :)

Some of us have been even more spoiled..........

Remember Carlton playing Grand Finals in 68,69,70,72 and 73 and then of course there was the 79,81, 82 run.

Over those15 years we only missed the finals three times 71,74 and 77.

6 premierships and 2 runners-up in that time, unbelievable days.

Yep, my vintage as well.
I sometimes get annoyed with the views of our younger supporters, and often "precious" attitudes,
and adulation of the spectacular over substance and work rate {eg Yaz(pre '14) over the Carrazzo/McLean types.}
but have to give them some love for "joining the cause" during the dark years and staying loyal.
Like many I jumped on the bandwagon as a youngster '66/67 was the start, so '70 remains my greatest
memory as a sporting spectator.

Yep, my vintage as well.
I sometimes get annoyed with the views of our younger supporters, and often "precious" attitudes,
and adulation of the spectacular over substance and work rate {eg Yaz(pre '14) over the Carrazzo/McLean types.}
but have to give them some love for "joining the cause" during the dark years and staying loyal.
Like many I jumped on the bandwagon as a youngster '66/67 was the start, so '70 remains my greatest
memory as a sporting spectator.
I'm one of the 'newer' supporters CB. Jumped on AFL (and Carlton) in 07/08 when we were coming off 3 x consecutive wooden spoons. Can't appreciate the dark days of early 2000's or the success of 95 and earlier but am loyal as they come and will never be called a 'bandwagonner'.

Hoping for some success before I have some young ones so I can start a generation of Blues' supporters up here on the GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamo's strengths are clear when he has the opportunity to "play off" his man a little. Makes it possible for him to potentially be damaging while also timing his interventions.

Requires good disciplined team defense for it to be very effective.

At the same time it lends ityself to playing on both the lumbering forward, (ala Hawkins), or as the third tall.

I'm one of the 'newer' supporters CB. Jumped on AFL (and Carlton) in 07/08 when we were coming off 3 x consecutive wooden spoons. Can't appreciate the dark days of early 2000's or the success of 95 and earlier but am loyal as they come and will never be called a 'bandwagonner'.

Hoping for some success before I have some young ones so I can start a generation of Blues' supporters up here on the GC.

welcome, you are in for a hell of a ride.

I love this club fiercely, just hope a couple of key forwards out there still do.

welcome, you are in for a hell of a ride.

I love this club fiercely, just hope a couple of key forwards out there still do.
Has been a lot of ups and downs already in the past 7 years but am definitely in for the long haul, and remain optimistic about our chances for success in the next 3-5 years.

Well Witts has beaten Jamo three times in a row now which shows how he struggles on players with a bit of height to them.

Witts averages 1.6 goals per game against Carlton.
Assuming he kicked all those goals on Jamison which he probably didn't, I'd suggest it's an average most full backs would live with quite happily. :)

Is that it? That's the best demonstration we can come up with that Jamison struggles against tall forwards?
Jarrod Witts?

Witts averages 1.6 goals per game against Carlton.
Assuming he kicked all those goals on Jamison which he probably didn't, I'd suggest it's an average most full backs would live with quite happily. :)

Is that it? That's the best demonstration we can come up with that Jamison struggles against tall forwards?
Jarrod Witts?

Hawkins bar 2014, Roughead, David Hale, Witts, Cloke at times, Petrie etc etc

I won't bother getting into a massive argument about this but Rowe has been handling the bigger forwards this year for a reason.

If I was to send Garlett anywhere, I reckon we would wanna package him in a deal for Mitchell. I reckon he'd be good at the feet of Buddy and Tippett (and when he's on, he's a better player than Jetta).
Sydney dont play small forwards. They've stated that they prefer to play a resting mid their who can play the role to a certain extent ala Parker

Sydney dont play small forwards. They've stated that they prefer to play a resting mid their who can play the role to a certain extent ala Parker

Not bad forwards either. Parker (some mark for a midfielder), McGlynn and then you add in McVeigh, Goodes, Kennedy, O'Keeffe (in his day), Hannebery, Tom Mitchell (soon to be at CFC), Bird, Jack & Jetta plus Rohan to a lesser extent and you need to be versatile to be a "small" in SYD's front half.

93 (apart from the GF)
94, and of course 95
99,00 & 01

Geez I was spoiled.
Same here. The 86 GF loss is the first game I can remember. Slightly more experienced supporters like Thy have had it even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back