Big V Powers Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking of putting this one in one of the media threads but in the end it is a good news story about the culture Port has created to pick these young kids from outside SA and imbue them with the Port Adelaide culture. As we have done for over a century. Still, it does read like the Vics steeling themselves for the Port juggernaut

Big V Powering Port
TAKE the teal out of Port Adelaide’s home jumper and what you are left with is pretty close to a Big V guernsey.
There is a certain irony in the fact that when Port — South Australia’s most famous and successful club — lines up in Saturday’s preliminary final, about half of the team will be former Victorian juniors.
The Power will more than likely have more Victorians in the team than its opponent, the most successful Victorian club of the modern era, Hawthorn.
It seems Port is more than happy to recruit Victorian youngsters, and they in turn are more than happy to stay at Alberton Oval.
Big V Powering Port

Yeah I agree the likes of Boak and Gray are Vic guys who are advocates for this great club but I think we have done well to make sure we are represented by great SA born n bred boys too

I both laughed and cringed upon hearing Christopher Pyne has jumped on our bandwagon because we're "South Australian". Piss off Pyne, you grubby little turd. We don't represent the state. We represent the PAFC, end of story. Go jump aboard the 36ers or something. We don't want you.

I'm sure that article will get the Camries frothing at the mouth that we're "not South Australian enough".

I don't care where our players come from, as long as they're proud to wear our guernsey & single minded in their determination for success with Port Adelaide that's all that matters.

I both laughed and cringed upon hearing Christopher Pyne has jumped on our bandwagon because we're "South Australian". Piss off Pyne, you grubby little turd. .......
This. Pyne has the biggest backpfeifengesicht I have ever seen.

I'm sure that article will get the Camries frothing at the mouth that we're "not South Australian enough"......
Yeah, because Van Berlo, Sloane and Dangerfield are all good South Aussie boys.

was reading the HS on www.pressdisplay.com missed this thread and put this graphic in the media nods head thread but it belongs here. Nice photoshopping of Boak's guernsey. Reminds me of the Adelaide Uni blacks guernsey.

79873_7ec64f109e381305977f7416ef600785.png

I both laughed and cringed upon hearing Christopher Pyne has jumped on our bandwagon because we're "South Australian". Piss off Pyne, you grubby little turd. We don't represent the state. We represent the PAFC, end of story. Go jump aboard the 36ers or something. We don't want you.

Untitled.png

Do with this information what you will.

Bloody hell, if we get through to next week we may be the next 'Bloods' by the looks of that. Victoria's team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not a state, we are a club. Obviously we won't be drafting from just SA because that would be stupid.
This is the AFL we can grab players from around the country (and even around the world Renouf, Flynn, Bobby etc)
We must use these avenues to improve our team.
Obviously it's special when a player based around Alberton plays for us but you barely see this happening anymore with other clubs.

Bit harsh on our SA guys of Hartlett, Broadbent, Wingard, Schulz, Ebert, Jonas, Polec, Monfries, Westhoff, and Cornes. It's not like the Victorians own the look we have, which is essentially the SA state guernsey compared to the silly connection they've made with their guernsey. Clutching at straws in the article tbh.

I couldn't care less where our players come from, just as long as they embrace the club. I can't stand this kick a vic mentality that some South Australians have. Port Adelaide have been recruiting players from other states decades before we even entered the AFL. Its a team competition not state of origin every week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back