Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Barbecue eh? We're really rolling out the big guns. Sausages and bread! Your move Bombers!
I knew that sausages poster on our board was up to something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't poach players with salad.

tumblr_lojy07yhNn1qh59n0o1_400.gif

I'd be more worried about Ryder leaving if the frontrunner wasn't Brisbane. They've got Leuenberger and Stefan Martin (who generally only plays well when he's the sole ruckman). Ryder's shown in several games that he's at his best when he plays mainly in the ruck and pushes forward on occasions rather than try to play solely as a key forward. Plus this is a Brisbane that were 1 win and 8 losses going into the bye this year (with their win a 3 pt win over Saints).

It all sounds like his manager is trying to get him an expensive contract extension and a media pack loving being able to talk about Essendon some more.

If he does go to Brisbane, then I'll just feel bad that he won't get to play to his full potential. He'll be this average forward, instead of the (close to) All Australian ruckman that he's capable of being.

Love the bit in the article where it states Ryder may lose 200K if he doesn't activate the clause.

I find the whole scene distasteful, in which a contracted player, who is wanted and much loved is publically hawking his services to other clubs.

It sickens me !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back