Review 2014 VFL Grand Final - Footscray Bulldogs v Box Hill Hawks, 21 September 2014, 2.15pm @ Etihad Stadi

Remove this Banner Ad

After a cracking preliminary final win over Williamstown, the Halls have earned the right to defend the premiership but must beat Footscray for the privilege of being the best team in 2014. Good luck Hawks!

Trying to type a post on a Nexus can be annoying when I don't double-check every single word. The predictive text feature is useful but can sometimes lead to odd results.

Repeat of the 1961 VFL final (kinda, sorta)

Seats seem to be $20 per adult sit anywhere. Does anyone know if being a Hawks member gets you any discounts/free entry?

Repeat of the 1961 VFL final (kinda, sorta)

Seats seem to be $20 per adult sit anywhere. Does anyone know if being a Hawks member gets you any discounts/free entry?

No, it doesn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footscray Bulldogs
B: Austin Redpath Talia
HB: Young Markovic Darley
C: Howard Goodes Johannisen
HF: Grant Jones Tutt
F: Dickson Campbell Greenwood
Foll: Cordy Jong Lower
Int from: Prismall Perkins Pearce Russell W.Hayes Jensen Fogarty Honeychurch Barry

Box Hill Hawks
B: Brand Schoenmakers Cheney
HB: Heatherley Litherland Ross
C: Hartung Sewell Willsmore
HF: O'Brien Woodward Rioli
F: Grimley Sicily B.McEvoy
Foll: Lowden Kelly Hallahan
Int from: Murphy Lock Mirra Collins Tobin P.McEvoy Iles Andrews Papadopoulos

Last edited by a moderator:
Dogs have a 25 page thread about this game.

Strange really...
As has been mentioned the thread is for the full VFL finals series. When you support a club which has 1 piece of silverware (NAB cup 2010) since 1954, and with the year we've had, it's not hard to realise why we would relish this.

Besides, we're going for a VFL/VFA 3 peat ('23-'24-'14). Brisbane Lions-esque.

OBrien? Wasn't he gone for the season with his hammy?

That's what I thought too.

However saw his twin brother at Port Hawks v Willy last Sunday and he looked fine running up and down stairs - could not believe my eyes till I realised it was his twin;)

When you look at the quality of the players on the extended bench there are going to be some very unlucky players. Further consider the likes of Cust, Gordon, Lawlor, O'Donnell and Wood have missed out and you know we have a strong side. However all that will mean nothing if we don't have 23 players who are prepared to pay the price and are disciplined in the GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back