All Australian thread 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Luckily for me I don't care what other supporters think.

Alex Rance All Australian.

lNEg8.gif

That gif, plus announcing you don't care what other people think, suggests you might.

I don't really understand why Riewoldt would be in the team over Gunston? I'm fine with small forwards because they offer something different, but Gunston offers more defensive pressure than Riewoldt and kicks more goals per game.
For my team though Burgoyne got robbed, our second best player this year I reckon. All-Australian backline is always so meh to me.

No problem with Ablett getting in the team, but starting? Come on, not that it really matters.

Nah. Riewoldt was an absolute shining light for Saints this year. Absolute workhorse and glad he got selected.

Gunston over Ballas would've been reasonable. Thats coming from a Freo supporter, but I'll respect Riewoldt enough to acknowledge he had an awesome year.

Can't just go off raw numbers either.

If you swapped Ballas and Gunston with who they played for it is likely Ballas would kick more and Gunston less... probably.

Boaks been great and Sandi hasn't been beaten all year.
Not so much Boak being in but more to do with Parker missing and he's the only one on the bench who I think Parker has been better than. Alternatively you could move Breust to the fp, Parker to Hff and Ballantyne out of the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But yeah I reckon he did. Guessing you watched about 3 St Kilda games all year.

Some of Riewoldt's games this year:

R6 v Brisbane: 12 possessions, 1 goal
R7 v Hawthorn: 10 possessions, 0 goals
R13 v Geelong: 8 possessions, 1 goal
R14 v West Coast: 12 possessions, 1 goal
R15 v Richmond: 14 possessions, 1 goal
R20 v WB: 13 possessions, 1 goal
R23 v Adelaide: 10 possessions, 0 goals

I'm not saying he hasn't had his fair share of good games, but somebody who had that many down days should not be in the AA side.

How Pendlebury made it over Parker is laughable.
Pendlebury chosen just on reputation
Age player of the year, 5th in coaches award, 6th in players award and rated comfortably the best player of the year by the insanely comprehensive Champion data rating system(And no i'm not talking about Supercoach).

It would have been an absolute embarrassment to not have Pendlebury in there.

As soon as Ballyntyne got on the field Parker was no hope joke Pendles got in though

Yeah must admit this was probably the biggest surprise of the night for me

Rance vs Emac i'd say majority of people would be leaning Emac's way but can still acknowledge it was fairly close and Rance isn't a Drew Petrie level terrible choice.

Likewise Sandi and Jacobs, one of them was going to get it, and its really a coin flip.

I think it is the naming of Bruest out of position at HFF (he should have been a FP, which mean Ballas misses out), or Roughhead is named at CHF and Bruest other FP and Reiwold misses out.

Then the other HFF is out of either Harvey or Parker.

In general though id say they did a good job this year, most players named in position.

Even though Parker missed, Sydney had a pretty good night. Loved that Nick Smith got in, loved his work for several years now, finally got the recognition this season.

Parker will have many more chances it is rare a small defender gets in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back