Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just had a look at the All-Australian for 2014. Congratulations to all players named. 15 new AAs. I think I counted 6 from teams outside of the 8 and among those Ablett, Pendlebury and Riewoldt. So it was tough for Bryce to get a guernsey. I'd much rather win with a club best and fairest. Perhaps a premiership first. The double would be very special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next Year when we win the flag we'll have
Gibbs in the centre
Yarran on the wing
Henderson at full forward
Murphy on the bench
Kreuzer in the ruck

Add a premierhsip medal to them all, a brownlow for Gibba and another norm Smith for Judd and it'll be a good year
If this happens I will deadset s**t a train.....

Next Year when we win the flag we'll have
Gibbs in the centre
Yarran on the wing
Henderson at full forward
Murphy on the bench
Kreuzer in the ruck

Add a premierhsip medal to them all, a brownlow for Gibba and another norm Smith for Judd and it'll be a good year
Murph will do more than make the bench. AA captain more realistic ;)

Hayden Ballantyne an AA Player ? Ugh, an even more unpopular decision with the Australian public since Clive Palmer was elected an National Treasure... Geez Louise

Hayden Ballantyne an AA Player ? Ugh, an even more unpopular decision with the Australian public since Clive Palmer was elected an National Treasure... Geez Louise

He may be the most hated player in the league but his actual football ability and work ethic on the field is bloody good. Freo are are much better side with him in it. If you could inject his endeavour and work ethic into Jeff Garlett you would have a superstar. Feel he is a better choice than Nic Nat a couple years back, has kicked 49 goals this season. Eddy still can't get a spot even now he has changed jumpers.

Feel he is a better choice than Nic Nat a couple years back, has kicked 49 goals this season. Eddy still can't get a spot even now he has changed jumpers.
Eddie is nowhere near as valuable as Ballantyne and could not make the AA team ahead of him IMO.

Ballantyne's intensity, physicality and work rate is much better then Eddie's both with and without the ball.

Eddie tends to pick and choose when he chases out defensively where as Ballantyne's efforts are unconditional or much more consistent.

HUN says that Pies would not do a direct swap of Lumumba for Mitch Clark as Clark is worth less.

Ho ho ho.
For a club that couldn't score a place in the previous AFL TOTC, they do tend to over-rate themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back