Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone can beat hawthorn and Sydney with both clubs full strength, they would deserve every accolade.

Since about round 10 it has been hard to see any other grand final combination other than hawks v swans.

Even when we beat hawthorn I went away thinking that the hawks will probably win the GF.

If anyone can beat hawthorn and Sydney with both clubs full strength, they would deserve every accolade.

Since about round 10 it has been hard to see any other grand final combination other than hawks v swans.

Even when we beat hawthorn I went away thinking that the hawks will probably win the GF.
Ken we? Of course we Ken :)

If we happen to go all the way, certain sections of the media will probably call it the luckiest premiership of all time. Mind you, who here would complain about a lucky premiership? :)

If we were to win four sudden death finals, three away from home, beating the three best sides of the top four, including the side with the best record at their home ground, and the last two premiers, who happened to finish a truly deserved 1-2 at the end of the minor round, well only the most miserable Crow-backing idiot would call that "luck" rather than "one of the greatest premierships of all time".

Because no flags in history, not even until the heat death of the universe, no flags will ever, ever be as lucky as the Cows "double bradbury".

Oh, sorry, my apologies... I see you are talking about certain sections of the media ;)

A special serve to the morons at the AFL Media Association who didn't put Ollie in "their" All Oz U/23 team

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-09-16/under23-all-australian-team-port

AFL Media reporters couldn't find a spot for Ollie Wines in their best 22 players under the age of 23, but Chad Wingard managed to make a forward pocket.

Wines has played every game for the Power in 2013 and 2014 and has starred in a number of big games - including finals.

A special serve to the morons at the AFL Media Association who didn't put Ollie in "their" All Oz U/23 team

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-09-16/under23-all-australian-team-port

AFL Media reporters couldn't find a spot for Ollie Wines in their best 22 players under the age of 23, but Chad Wingard managed to make a forward pocket.

Wines has played every game for the Power in 2013 and 2014 and has starred in a number of big games - including finals.
Bet he makes it next year. And the year after. And the year after that. But he'll be in the senior All-Australian by then.

If we happen to go all the way, certain sections of the media will probably call it the luckiest premiership of all time. Mind you, who here would complain about a lucky premiership? :)

What would be lucky about it? Beat a team that won 9 in a row, beat last years Grand Finalist away, beat last years premiers away...then beat the premiers-elect (unless we manage to get North.)

There's no luck involved in that.

So the bloke who picked the team included his brother who is an ok at best tagger, conflict of interest much?

That's the cows after losing to melb from 5 th in the old system

That's the cows after losing to melb from 5 th in the old system
also, 1997 after the minor round geelong finished 2nd, the crows 4th, week 2 of the finals, geelong played adelaide at football park........ makes sense. gee wonder why the scrapped that dodgy system......

also, 1997 after the minor round geelong finished 2nd, the crows 4th, week 2 of the finals, geelong played adelaide at football park........ makes sense. gee wonder why the scrapped that dodgy system......

The scrapping of 22 weeks' worth of jockeying for ladder rankings after one week's worth of unrelated results was batshit insane.

Such a putrid system.

Hearing/seeing mentions in the media that Matty Nicks is in the mix for an assistant coach at the cows next year. I 'd understand if he wanted to get more experience and took a spot in one of the successful Vic clubs, but wouldn't have thought he would move to West Lakes just for another assistant gig. I'd hate us to lose him.

Anyone on here got any inside knowledge about this rumour?

More cRowie arsepaper. As if Matt Nicks would be interviewing for an assistant job in the middle of Port's finals campaign.

Don't forget the Leigh Colbert mark that wasn't paid in that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing/seeing mentions in the media that Matty Nicks is in the mix for an assistant coach at the cows next year. I 'd understand if he wanted to get more experience and took a spot in one of the successful Vic clubs, but wouldn't have thought he would move to West Lakes just for another assistant gig. I'd hate us to lose him.

They would love to nab one of our coaches to support sendough. I really hope we can keep all our coaching staff this year, it seems we are an easy hunting ground for rival clubs who want our intel.

A bit of stability on the coaching front would be great. Rowe has been hot on the crows poaching a power assistant for a while now.

Is he out of contract at the end of the season? If so, the only issue I would have is that they are talking to him in season. If he is contracted then I believe we can stop him from leaving for another job if it is not a promotion.

My recollection had been dimming over the years and I had started to think that was one of those "did he hold it long enough" marks. Forgot what a total utensil-up it was.
Never ceases to amaze me how many Cow supporters I talk to, something I try to avoid, that go on and on about being robbed of a premiership by the "right in front of me" free against Rutten that also argue that there is no way Colbert marked that ball. Viewing the world through fruit tingle coloured glasses must be a wonderful thing. :rolleyes:

Is he out of contract at the end of the season? If so, the only issue I would have is that they are talking to him in season. If he is contracted then I believe we can stop him from leaving for another job if it is not a promotion.

Keep in mind a Senior Assistant job does not qualify as a promotion. Only a Senior Coach position does.

Never ceases to amaze me how many Cow supporters I talk to, something I try to avoid, that go on and on about being robbed of a premiership by the "right in front of me" free against Rutten that also argue that there is no way Colbert marked that ball. Viewing the world through fruit tingle coloured glasses must be a wonderful thing. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure I have said it on this site before (I know I did on TPFP) but when those "right in front of me" people say that to me, I respond that they need to go back to the first quarter where Tippo got one for exactly the same thing.

Bahahahaha, wasn't that final a semi-final anyway? still need to get through a prelim before they could even talk about a premiership

that is correct on both counts

And there's a lesson in that for our club. Sydney have been fairly ruthless in the way they've refused to simply role over in letting people walk into jobs at other clubs. They did it with Ryan O'Keefe, they did it with Stuart Dew. They then backed their culture to sway these people into being happy to stay long term regardless.
We've developed a similar culture and we should back it in to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back