Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2012
Ora Banda pub
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EDL
That would be really bad. Don't they realise that they will make more money by having a better product?
Not sure how true, but I read last week they were giggling back stage about how fun the Jerry Springer segment was, no mention of how bad it was...

I wonder how many wrestlers are embarrassed about the story lines / angles or how bad the product has become as a whole, Also if they're too scared to speak up or throw around ideas that could help improve their story lines.

I have no idea why more ex wrestlers or people from within the industry aren't wanted in creative.

BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea, Ferrari, Pens,Suns,Redsox
Not sure how true, but I read last week they were giggling back stage about how fun the Jerry Springer segment was, no mention of how bad it was...

I wonder how many wrestlers are embarrassed about the story lines / angles or how bad the product has become as a whole, Also if they're too scared to speak up or throw around ideas that could help improve their story lines.

I have no idea why more ex wrestlers or people from within the industry aren't wanted in creative.

Wow about the giggling. I wonder if it's Vince and him being out of touch. I cannot wait until HHH and Steph take over.

Unless you are Cena, maybe Orton, or some others, if you speak up, you will probably be punished.

Maybe because Vince thinks the product is great.

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
'give the ratings away'? wat?

this wasnt the superbowl. halftime of a regular game is when people are more likely to be changing channels. i think its a good idea. running the main event angle (and promoting that youre going to do so) at a time when the potential audience is greater.
Except everyone who had changed over to watch the Lesnar and Cena bit would have changed back over to the football when Cameron and Naomi came on straight after it

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
Putting such rubbish on after it would suggest they expected to people to go anyway and didnt even try to keep them. Having them change over to watch cena/lesnar and then change back is better than not having them change at all (or immediately going back) because theres a bunch of nothing on at the time.

Theoretically they got the maximum number of people watching the most important part of the show, and that was obviously their main (or only) priority.

Except everyone who had changed over to watch the Lesnar and Cena bit would have changed back over to the football when Cameron and Naomi came on straight after it
And if they did stick around, they certainly would have changed back when Cameron ****ed up so badly :p

Unless you are Cena, maybe Orton, or some others, if you speak up, you will probably be punished.

Maybe because Vince thinks the product is great.

Word is Orton wants some time off to freshen up because he feels he is being under utilised or something like that.

BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I agree. It has been nice to see Seth actually able to finish a match properly without Dean coming in and belting him though.

I hope he successfully cashes in at NOC. Although I think that will occur at Wrestlemania with whoever beats Brock.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
The back of Brock's head is so foldy.

x4kv2c.jpg

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was sort of thinking at work today and realised I'm content with Cena now. I mean it's always going to be near on impossible to turn him heel when not only the merchandise he sells but more importantly the amount of 'Make a Wish' things he does. Read somewhere not long ago that it is in the 100's per year or something he fulfills which really does deserve respect.

But what I was thinking is that obviously these kids really love him and deserve a hero/role model/something to look up to or whatever. It would be pretty selfish to take away something that makes these sort of kids genuinely happy for what would realistically be only minor enjoyment for me. Really couldn't care all that much if he is a face or heel, well not enough to lose sleep over or anything.

So my epiphany was that I'm just satisfied with Cena being Cena. Let him go imo. It's not that important.

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I thought ending Raw with a Diva segment was bad, but ending it with a pointless midcard feud that was done just to showcase their patriotic MERICA bullshit was one of the lowest points in WWE history. The whole show was a mess. Give me 3 hours of Paul Heyman and I'll be happy because a full show of Paul Heyman would be better than the last 2 months of RAW combined. Give me 1995 WWE over this, hell give me 2000/2001 WCW over this s**t. at least there were interesting swerves.
What happened to Pro wrestling? More specifically WWE wrestling!
What happened to these segment:

How can they build characters, if they don't have segments like the ones that I posted above???
Why not have segments where Bray Wyatt abducts wrestlers and takes them into the woods and tortures and brainwashes them??
What happened to the art of pro wrestling? The edge of your seat action? The cliffhanger endings?
I'm not going to blame the talent since I believe that this roster is one of the most talented in WWE history. I blame Vince and 'creative' for being so damn unimaginative and dull and taking advantage of their paying audience.

When Punk back in 2011 said "Maybe, just maybe this company would better after Vince McMahon is dead", it is not far off from the truth. As cruel and harsh as it sounds, Vince is running the company into the ground and something needs to be done or else this company wouldn't be around in 20 so years. Were is the ruthless son of a bitch Vince McMahon who didn't give a s**t what people thought of him and the company. What happened to the Vince McMahon that pushed the boundaries. Did he go soft? Did the Cris Benoit incident force WWE to change their direction?

Whatever the reason is, all I care about is watching a enjoyable product without questioning why I spend my Tuesday mornings watching such an uneventful, dull show that they call 'Sports entertainment'.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
How can they build characters, if they don't have segments like the ones that I posted above???

Easily.

You don't have to put out "can you top this?" stuff every week. Doing so too often just desensitises people after a while, and they begin to expect the "crazy" stuff.

Was sort of thinking at work today and realised I'm content with Cena now. I mean it's always going to be near on impossible to turn him heel when not only the merchandise he sells but more importantly the amount of 'Make a Wish' things he does. Read somewhere not long ago that it is in the 100's per year or something he fulfills which really does deserve respect.

But what I was thinking is that obviously these kids really love him and deserve a hero/role model/something to look up to or whatever. It would be pretty selfish to take away something that makes these sort of kids genuinely happy for what would realistically be only minor enjoyment for me. Really couldn't care all that much if he is a face or heel, well not enough to lose sleep over or anything.

So my epiphany was that I'm just satisfied with Cena being Cena. Let him go imo. It's not that important.
You're one in every 100,000.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens

Its funny, the latest heyman/austin interview. He says the wwf/e has always revolved around one "hero" from bruno/hogan/austin/cena, its peaks have had one stable fan hero, not necessarily a top guy, but a hero.
Bruno had his streak, hogan was the american hero, austin battled the evil boss and cena is... well... cena, the kids hero. The E will never turn cena until they can find a repacement "hero" to carry the company.

BABYBOMBERS2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
That "hero" I presume they want it to be Reigns. I think Ambrose should be it. I would say Bryan, but it depends on his health. If fit, then Bryan should be the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back