Champion team versus a team of champions...

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can we be that champion team? Run, chase, tackle, pressure, use our opportunities for 4 solid quarters is what it will take, but do we have it in us? I hope so!!

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
anyone can be beaten our their day simple as that...time for a nice whiskey and COLA

Haha!
Seriously just hope North can win...so over reading other posts (seem to be a fair few arrogant Sydney supporters) making excuses for why we've reached a prelim...hate how we never get taken seriously. Other teams are always weaker when we beat them blah blah blah...I mean we haven't had to contend with injuries this year or anything :rolleyes: Anyway just hoping North will be competitive.

Do you reckon week off for an opposition team can sometimes have the reverse effect in terms of losing momentum?

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Haha!
Seriously just hope North can win...so over reading other posts (seem to be a fair few arrogant Sydney supporters) making excuses for why we've reached a prelim...hate how we never get taken seriously. Other teams are always weaker when we beat them blah blah blah...I mean we haven't had to contend with injuries this year or anything :rolleyes: Anyway just hoping North will be competitive.

Do you reckon week off for an opposition team can sometimes have the reverse effect in terms of losing momentum?

Well for a guy as stupid as Franlklin it might.

He is likely to forget the game plan if he does not have to play it each and every week.

North by 3 goals, plenty left in the tank to take on Port in the GF.

Bookmark it.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well for a guy as stupid as Franlklin it might.

He is likely to forget the game plan if he does not have to play it each and every week.

North by 3 goals, plenty left in the tank to take on Port in the GF.

Bookmark it.

Like your confidence...just hope you also have psychic powers!

rooboys

Rookie
Sep 4, 2008
meblourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The boys have had plenty of motivation throughout the finals...

We are one game away from the BIG dance, no matter the opposition its time to show them we just didn't fluke it.

Win this match and we will etch ourselves into the history books....22 players 1 ultimate goal we nearly are 3/4 up Everest time to show what we are made of.

Lileasy

All Australian
North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor NFL Prediction Comp Participant
Jan 9, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not without Harvey. Sorry guys. We are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB Our Saviour

Debutant
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
9 days ago - was unsure if we had what it takes to win a final !

Today - convinced that our best is as good as any of the remaining 3 teams !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marksup

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bumping this thread because now that we know we have no All-Australian representatives we truly are a champion team. Let's put egg on their faces by winning a premiership with no All-Australian representatives.

Would love if someone could find out who the last team to make a prelim final that didn't have a selection.

Buddy is Scotty Thompson's bitch. Josh P. Kennedy is a poor man's Ben Cunnington. Gary Rohan is a very, very poor man's Jack Ziebell. Prepare to get smashed, Sydney. We'd probably rest Boomer for the Grand Final anyway.
This comparison worries me.

CBSlogger

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not yet but the writing is on the wall I reckon - we certainly can be. Zero AA players shows how even we are. Such a far cry from even 2 years ago.

Irks me plenty that Boomer missed out on AA but oh well. All they want to talk about is Parker, despite Boomer matching him in most statistical categories and clearly having an impact in as many games.

Also, considering we all reckon LT has been a bit frustrating this year, his stats are quite similar to AA FP Ballantyne:

LT vs HB (vs Turner)
Goals 2.0 / 2.4 (1.6)
Tackles 2.6 / 2.7 (4.8)
Disp 11.7 / 12.2 (11.0)

Edit... What about tiny Turner ^ !!

Boomer vs Parker vs Gray vs Breust
Goals 1.3 / 1.0 / 1.6 / 2.4
Disp 25.7 / 26.2 / 24.9 / 15.2
I50 4.4 / 3.3 / 2.8 / 3.3
SC 107.8 / 108.5 / 111.0 / 85.0

Last edited:

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have so enjoyed the last couple of weeks of our club's success that I so hope it doesn't end this week.
Please win Roos!!!!! Please!!

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
It's honestly staggering that Boomer didnt get in. Has had significantly more impact on games this year than Breust and Ballantyne, and is staistically better than both of them. You can argue that they kicked more goals but Boomer played as mid-fwd where they are exclusively mids. And since when did kicking goals for small forwards count anyway. Last year LT kicked more than both what Breust and Ballantyne did this year yet missed out so they could put midfielders on the HFF and and a HFF in Wingard in the FWD Pocket.

royals1922

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts RIP
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rotor Volgograd, The Exers
Can you imagine the incentive that not one NM player making the AA will give the team.

royals1922

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts RIP
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rotor Volgograd, The Exers
The biggest risk coming out of the Geelong game was that the NM boys would think they had "made" it and therefore slacken off.

The AA selection night has only reaffirmed, due to the nature of its selection, that it will not be the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back