2015 Membership (13,102 members @ 25/04/2015)

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Taking bets on our membership total for 2015! Hoping for 15,000, which could eventuate, but the end of our season this year kinda ruined any momentum we may have gained in the first half of the year. There's nothing too special about the new membership packages either. Regardless, depending on the fixture, I'll be getting either Silver or GA membership for 2015. If the parking situation weren't so s**t, I'd be likely going to all 11 games (with Gold B to boot), but it's such a hassle at the moment that I'm likely only going to be showing up for the blockbusters unless our on-field performance drastically improves (hoping for Essendon and Carlton games - fingers crossed).

2015 membership talk in here.

Side question: What's included in the 'membership pack' that's mentioned in the 2015 packages? I can't find it anywhere.

Anyway, what membership is everyone getting for 2015? Which bay/section/seat will you be at?

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
they are already getting around the interstate members.
they rung me up yesterday asking if i would go back to a full interstate membership.
i told them by reasons for not being one this year and she was quick to email me back after our call.
gave me some options and will bring up some of the issues i had with memberships as well

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
they are already getting around the interstate members.
they rung me up yesterday asking if i would go back to a full interstate membership.
i told them by reasons for not being one this year and she was quick to email me back after our call.
gave me some options and will bring up some of the issues i had with memberships as well
Care to elaborate at all? I'm not familiar with anything interstate.

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
coaching outcome could prove an incredible difference. Drop some names, predict some numbers...

Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
AFL membership with GC club support as I live in Melbourne,
Might see if there's an interstate cheersquad membership to go with it

Metricon

Rookie
Sep 19, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Hmm: Suns membership office will accept a cheque or a money order to pay for 2015 membership but not direct deposit or paypal. Go figure ...

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Use the Pony express or smoke rings then
TELEGRAM!

Dear Suns Membership STOP!
I wish to renew STOP!
I am quite miffed about the coaching situation though STOP!
You better have signed Mr. Thompson or else STOP!

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So what are the options for interstate but non victorian membership. I want to contribute but dont wanna get screwed over as I cant attend hardly any games cause of work?

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
So what are the options for interstate but non victorian membership. I want to contribute but dont wanna get screwed over as I cant attend hardly any games cause of work?
The necessary membership will be made available at some point.. Right now pushing the 11 game membership for the chance to win a fiat. I'm waiting for those memberships also.

Feb 24, 2008
New South Wales
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Roosters
Hey lads- is it normal for the membership for Gold Coast 11 games concession general admission to be $175? I ended up going to a couple games last season at Gold Coast (Swans and Geelong games) and in both instances got concession tickets (15 dollars) and we found spare seats each time. Is it normal for membership for an entire year to cost roughly the same amount as buying on a game by game basis- I mean, am I missing much incentive other than being able to go to the members bar?

Shame that GC don't have a 3 game membership or something like that as that'd certainly appeal to myself and I'm sure a lot of other people, at least my uni friends at Gold Coast.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Hey lads- is it normal for the membership for Gold Coast 11 games concession general admission to be $175? I ended up going to a couple games last season at Gold Coast (Swans and Geelong games) and in both instances got concession tickets (15 dollars) and we found spare seats each time. Is it normal for membership for an entire year to cost roughly the same amount as buying on a game by game basis- I mean, am I missing much incentive other than being able to go to the members bar?

Shame that GC don't have a 3 game membership or something like that as that'd certainly appeal to myself and I'm sure a lot of other people, at least my uni friends at Gold Coast.

This was actually the reason why I didn't buy a membership this year. Just moved back from the UK, didn't have much money having spent everything on uni book, and went to buy a membership only to find it worked out marginally cheaper just to buy concession tickets individually. Pretty stupid IMO.

As for 3 game memberships, they did offer them this year, but from memory, they didn't offer concession 3 game tickets.

I'll be getting a membership this year, silver probably, because I'll be going to more games, but it does make it slightly cheaper. Slightly. It's $245 for a concession 11 game membership, which equates to just over $22.00 per game. I can get concession tickets in comparable areas for $23.00. Hardly worth it, but it benefits the club.

If the memberships were cheaper, they'd sell a * load more - but for whatever reason, they keep it as roughly the same. Poor, poor, poor!

Feb 24, 2008
New South Wales
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Roosters
This was actually the reason why I didn't buy a membership this year. Just moved back from the UK, didn't have much money having spent everything on uni book, and went to buy a membership only to find it worked out marginally cheaper just to buy concession tickets individually. Pretty stupid IMO.

As for 3 game memberships, they did offer them this year, but from memory, they didn't offer concession 3 game tickets.

I'll be getting a membership this year, silver probably, because I'll be going to more games, but it does make it slightly cheaper. Slightly. It's $245 for a concession 11 game membership, which equates to just over $22.00 per game. I can get concession tickets in comparable areas for $23.00. Hardly worth it, but it benefits the club.

If the memberships were cheaper, they'd sell a **** load more - but for whatever reason, they keep it as roughly the same. Poor, poor, poor!

Yeah it's a tough spot-15$ on the day makes it tempting/affordable to rock up to a game of footy BUT there isn't much incentive to up front by a years worth of it as it ends up being almost 16$ per game- so an extra dollar per game spent to access a bar. I like the Suns (Swans come first) but I think I'd rather buy on a game by game basis than fork out more money for the same amount of games without locking myself into anything.

I'll keep an eye out for 3 game memberships for more- If there are some of those I'd probably get some for myself and a few of my mates who live at Goldy- otherwise we'll probably just do it a game by game thing.

Cheers for the reply- good to know that others are in the same position. Guess they've got a tough juggling act of making tickets affordable for casual people to turn up to and to make membership worthwhile- seems they've gone a bit too much to casual buying of tickets.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I'm assuming that eventually, once the supply/demand issue is sorted out, that memberships will be in great demand and it'll be a big discount overall to buy a season pass rather than buy it on the day. Fingers crossed!

The Suns have a long way to go in terms of membership options. Being an ex-Essendon member myself a while ago now, I miss all the options that were available :(

Back