List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic - Robbo just said that if Ryder wants to go to Brisbane, Essendon will want pick 4 and Aish....I love how unbiased he is.

IMO if Ryder goes to Brisbane it will be for pick 20 or as a DFA.
Well they would want that but they wouldn't get that even without all this drugs stuff going on.

And I want pick 1 for Shoey...
If Saints watch our game again earlier this year where Schoey kicked 4 in a half then kept St Nick goalless in the 2nd half they'd probably hand it over. As long as they didn't watch too many other matches.

If Saints watch our game again earlier this year where Schoey kicked 4 in a half then kept St Nick goalless in the 2nd half they'd probably hand it over. As long as they didn't watch too many other matches.

Throw in Billy (as much as I hate that thought) he ripped them up in that match too!!

For Petracca. I'd sign hard!!

Excuse the intrusion, didn't know where to ask this.

Would you guys be able to provide an honest assessment of Suckling as a player? Not saying you are trading him or we are going after, just would like your thoughts on his strengths/weaknesses etc.

I think that he can be inconsistent with his kicking despite what some say but would like your thoughts as you go to Hawthorn games and therefore are able to see more clearly how he adds value to your team.

Thanks.

Think he (and Schoenmakers) have been maligned far too harshly this year, both coming off ACL's and have been ripped on for every mistake with no praise forthcoming when they get it right.

On Suck, I have him as a top 3 in the league disposer by foot, alongside Malceski and Hurn. He's very one-dimensional and can often look laconic at times but he'd be the one I'd want kicking for my life, no doubt about it. With a full pre-season I expect him to hit the level he was at pre-ACL. Coming off a serious knee injury takes time.

Think he (and Schoenmakers) have been maligned far too harshly this year, both coming off ACL's and have been ripped on for every mistake with no praise forthcoming when they get it right.

On Suck, I have him as a top 3 in the league disposer by foot, alongside Malceski and Hurn. He's very one-dimensional and can often look laconic at times but he'd be the one I'd want kicking for my life, no doubt about it. With a full pre-season I expect him to hit the level he was at pre-ACL. Coming off a serious knee injury takes time.

They've both been played out of position to try and improve weaknesses in their game so I do agree that at times they're unfairly maligned.

On the second point though, Suckling has absolutely no opposite foot, so he's not even top 3 at our club for disposal by foot in my opinion.

I think he's a candidate to be shopped around but if he stays I can see him cementing a spot, but only if he gets a right foot and only if Clarko and Co give him the HFF possie to make his own.

They've both been played out of position to try and improve weaknesses in their game so I do agree that at times they're unfairly maligned.

On the second point though, Suckling has absolutely no opposite foot, so he's not even top 3 at our club for disposal by foot in my opinion.

I think he's a candidate to be shopped around but if he stays I can see him cementing a spot, but only if he gets a right foot and only if Clarko and Co give him the HFF possie to make his own.

Having no opposite foot =/= lack of footskills. For what it's worth he got a goal on his right this year. He plays half back, maybe short stints on a wing when Mitchell is taking a breather behind the ball. You don't waste what he has on a forward flank.

Take this with a grain of salt but I heard Stephen Hill may be coming to the Hawks. Anybody hear anything?
Or is this just more end of season crap flying in the wind.
Please feel free to shoot this one down! :D
Funny you mention that. Go back when Brad was signed up for 2 year extension you'll see that Stephens name come up in the 'Paper'.

No point shooting it down yet. There is no context to what you've said. Eg what is the source?

A couple of posts on twitter. I challenged the poster about it in regards to where it came from. Then someone else backed it up also and said they had been hearing the same thing. Got my curiosity aroused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take this with a grain of salt but I heard Stephen Hill may be coming to the Hawks. Anybody hear anything?
Or is this just more end of season crap flying in the wind.
Please feel free to shoot this one down! :D
Would be a huge get. Would have to be giving up something big in return though.

I could see it happening though now that Brad has re-signed with us for a few more years. I personally think we're better placed than Freo for future success in both the short and long term futures which is something Stephen might also see. I also think the Hawks current play style is far more suited to the way both the Hill brothers play their footy than what Freo are playing under Lyon. With so many other running options at the Hawks to take the tag instead of himself it's an attractive option for him on multiple fronts.

edit - Turns out Stephen is out of contract at the end of 2015 which is also when he becomes a Restricted Free Agent. After doing a forum search of his name while on the Freo board I found a post that suggests that Hawthorn have effectively asked Stephen to name his price and are now prepared to actively pursue him. I don't know if that means this trade period or via FA next year. Questionable sources all over the place but has more to it than a lot of the stuff being discussed in this thread.

Suckling makes me rip my hair out at times but....I think he is a very good player who has been programmed to play a certain way. Fwiw, I thought his first half of the season was career best footy. People keep jizzing about now AA Brodie Smith yet Suckling has done most things Smiths done already! Let's not forget his second half against Swans , he started the chain of 'ball movement through the middle' and Swans find it very hard to defend against quick ball movement! These things work for Suckers really well so I can't see him being easily let go. Plenty of clubs would be lining up to get his services IMO. Schoenmakers played top notch games against Pies at CHF plus his game on Tex against Adelaide At CHB so he can't be thrown out either! I've said it before, we do not need to get desperate like other clubs and just wait like a prying Lion for something really worth to fall through.

A couple of posts on twitter. I challenged the poster about it in regards to where it came from. Then someone else backed it up also and said they had been hearing the same thing. Got my curiosity aroused.
You got to be kidding, right? Good God man! Taken with a handful of salt, dude.

Might as well get Big Moose to back this up just to add that extra bit of credibility to it.

I know pretty much every one of you would disagree with this but I wouldn't mind picking up Sam Blease as a delisted free agent (he more than likely will be) Chuck him on the rookie list to replace Ben Ross who I would delist.

I really think Blease has something but injuries have been cruel to him. Wouldn't mind giving him a rookie spot.

That went around last trade period.......its only fitting that the rumour is rehashed again this year. Isn't that how it works.
Yes, we've also told Brett Thornton to name his price as well.

Its the same story every year though . . . the last couple of years we have been linked to numerous players and it seems there is nothing more to it than player manager wishful thinking. At most we did a bit of due diligence on Clarke but not sure we even did that yet the papers were full of rumours. The only one I give any credit to is the Carlise rumour because we would need to have discussed this with the AFL to some extent and they are the biggest leakers in football.

God I hope so.
Carlisle would be an astonishing get. The future of our spine sured up. I get flutters thinking about it.

If I had a choice, I'd choose Carlisle over Dangerfield, throw a big offer at him

Last edited:
I know pretty much every one of you would disagree with this but I wouldn't mind picking up Sam Blease as a delisted free agent (he more than likely will be) Chuck him on the rookie list to replace Ben Ross who I would delist.

I really think Blease has something but injuries have been cruel to him. Wouldn't mind giving him a rookie spot.
Wouldn't mind him on the rookie list but dfa need to go straight to senior list. Not sure he is worth that spot.

I'd try and get Dank, Hird, Thompson, the whole scum board and trade them to $ydney for a pack of smokes, which I'd on trade to the handbags for duckwood, so he could play out his days in the vfl, since he would not get a single a free at Hawthorn and therefore be shown up as the useless s**t that he is.

Of course the afl commission would do everything possible to completely asada this deal.

I'd try and get Dank, Hird, Thompson, the whole scum board and trade them to $ydney for a pack of smokes, which I'd on trade to the handbags for duckwood, so he could play out his days in the vfl, since he would not get a single a free at Hawthorn and therefore be shown up as the useless s**t that he is.

Of course the afl commission would do everything possible to completely asada this deal.

Let's call that a working theory...

You got to be kidding, right? Good God man! Taken with a handful of salt, dude.

Might as well get Big Moose to back this up just to add that extra bit of credibility to it.

Just throwing it out there.
Sometimes where there's smoke there's fire, but sometimes the smoke is a big pile of dog poo burning. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back