Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will be next year when he's kicking his 40+ goals for the opposition.
We got nothing for Eddie, Thomas aside, but if he's in a good frame of mind in Adelaide town, so be it.

Perhaps I'm a good natured soul but I'm happy for all our alumni (Betts, Jacobs, Kennedy, Hampson, Austin, Laidler) to thrive.

Shaun Grigg? Meh. Playing for the Tigers is punishment enough!

We got nothing for Eddie, Thomas aside, but if he's in a good frame of mind in Adelaide town, so be it.

Perhaps I'm a good natured soul but I'm happy for all our alumni (Betts, Jacobs, Kennedy, Hampson, Austin) to thrive.

Shaun Grigg? Meh. Playing for the Tigers is punishment enough!
We can't keep losing players for no compo.

We can't keep losing players for no compo.
We need to create an environment where no one wants to leave.

On Garlett, there are no guarantees. Maybe he'll kick 40+ goals next year but the alternative may have been another 12 months at the Northern Blues for no return at all.

If we'd traded Jeff last year, a top 30 pick would have been the expectation. Now it's risk management and the realisation that maybe our system isn't ideal for 'rehab' for whatever ails him.

If Mick and Garlett don't see eye-to-eye then footy's a harsh business, despite the sentiment.

We need to create an environment where no one wants to leave.

On Garlett, there are no guarantees. Maybe he'll kick 40+ goals next year but the alternative may have been another 12 months at the Northern Blues for no return at all.

If we'd traded Jeff last year, a top 30 pick would have been the expectation. Now it's risk management and the realisation that maybe our system isn't ideal for 'rehab' for whatever ails him.

If Mick and Garlett don't see eye-to-eye then footy's a harsh business, despite the sentiment.
I meant more in terms of players seem to have down years when out of contract. My issue isn't they want to leave. I want Robbo to go. But I hate that we won't get much because he's uncontracted and behaved like a moron.

Jeffy would get us something if he was contracted.

I was told today he met with Norf last week :(
They are chasing a small forward with their attempts on Eddie last year and nabbing Nahas as a fallback (1yr only). 3rd rounder I'd imagine considering they gave up a 2nd rounder for Dal.
Aaron Mullet, or anyone else on the outer or not getting a gig at North? Tarrant (too injured for mine)?

They are chasing a small forward with their attempts on Eddie last year and nabbing Nahas as a fallback (1yr only). 3rd rounder I'd imagine considering they gave up a 2nd rounder for Dal.
Aaron Mullet, or anyone else on the outer or not getting a gig at North? Tarrant (too injured for mine)?
They didn't give up anything for Dal. He was a FA.

They didn't give up anything for Dal. He was a FA.

Right. May have been thinking of the Saints compo but weren't they toying with the idea of trading while awaiting compo or something along those lines?

Anyone able to get the link off Herald Sun re: possible Geelong trades? news.com.au always goes to anothe headline page, the same with a link on Cas.

Thoughts on Liam Adams, he has found himself out of Norths side during he finals after being a mainstay for the past few years, perhaps a change of environment might help him.

The Flying Doormat, How did Mason Shaw finish out the season in the SANFL?

Is he still worthy of a look at doing a trade for?
Adding Paddy Ryder would be a massive coup for Port and kill 2 birds with 1 stone with their tall forward and 2nd ruck holes wanting to be filled. Could open up an opportunity to pursue someone who would have less opportunity to play AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Flying Doormat, How did Mason Shaw finish out the season in the SANFL?

Is he still worthy of a look at doing a trade for?
After his mid season purple patch was down on form but showed glimpses of his ability without really asserting himself. Had missed nearly half the season so still building his tank and getting used to carrying all that extra muscle. Definitely worth looking at, specially if the Ryder deal happens. Will leave Port with one too many developing talls.

Don't mind this at all, seems quite realistic, still would hate to not have a pick in the top 10. Is basically a choice of Mitchell & Jaksch v Brayshaw & Reece McKenzie.

I believe Melbourne are keen on Brayshaw. I'm expecting he will be taken at pick 2.

Maybe if we traded Adelaide for pick 9 and 29, then on-traded 29 for Jaksch and kept pick 9?

I reckon pick 9 for Hugh Goddard would be a decent selection. (I reckon he's going to go a bit earlier than some of the phantoms).

Even if Garlett goes to another club and kicks 30 or 40 so be it. Give me a player that gives his all, tackles, doesn't drop his head, get scared by a marking contest any day of the week over a player that kicks one or two a game and goes missing for most of those games...

He may kick goals, but there is more to the team that we are trying to build than just goals. Work ethic and helping your team mate out is what were need "all" of our players to do. Jeff doesn't fall into all these categories unfortunately. He can't even go into the midfield when needed.

I believe Melbourne are keen on Brayshaw. I'm expecting he will be taken at pick 2.

Maybe if we traded Adelaide for pick 9 and 29, then on-traded 29 for Jaksch and kept pick 9?

I reckon pick 9 for Hugh Goddard would be a decent selection. (I reckon he's going to go a bit earlier than some of the phantoms).
I reackon it's a good idea but doubt the cows would give up early picks as there just getting back into the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back