List Mgmt. Colin Sylvia - Joins Freo as Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally would cut him loose if I was Ross and Freo, if a change of club and playing for a perennial flag contender hasn't changed Sylvia's colours nothing will, his work ethic and attitude seems very suss to me.

He is far more trouble then what he's worth IMO

I think you will find that the Club lawyers would be ready to take legal action if they thought that he was not honouring his contract by not giving good effort and meeting fitness levels ,skin folds and such .
Just keep an eye out boys and see if you can spot him doing something stupid , Hang on it is Sylvia he will probably ring an friend and take a selfie.

What

Why exactly would you want that?

Exactly.

Colin Sylvia has every chance of making it next season. With a good preseason (not even a great one, just turn up on day 1 in shape, preferably before you have to, and don't cop injuries) I can see Sylvia establishing himself in the team.
With a poor preseason he managed to play a few games, and for a few minutes looked okay. With a good preseason and a bit of professionalism, Colin could earn his money and silence his many critics.

Which is what I want to happen.

It shows the difference between the two clubs. Freo obviously won't stand for mediocrity and laziness. He is too good a player when he is on to give up on.

So which is it? They won't stand for mediocrity and laziness, or they'll keep him because he's too good a player? The former is exactly what Melbourne did...

The guys actively hoping he fails are a disgrace.
Exactly, why do some of our posters want this? I'm hoping Sylvia pulls the socks up and gets stuck into his off-season and next pre-season, could make a massive difference to us next year.

Would love him to help in the midfield next year. He at least has a little bit of the extra class we need in there. It's up to him though whether he makes it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Melbourne seemed quite happy to tolerate mediocrity and laziness from him... he left of his own devices. If you read the bolded bits you can probably understand my confusion.

So which is it? They won't stand for mediocrity and laziness, or they'll keep him because he's too good a player? The former is exactly what Melbourne did...

Ah. I get it now. I think.

The guys actively hoping he fails are a disgrace.
I agree. His games this year were as disappointing as they could possibly be - and I'm sure he knows this, and has been told this by the club. I'm hoping he uses that as a kick up the butt to work hard in the off-season, rock up to preseason in the best nick of his career, and finally show all the critics (including myself) just what he's capable of, and why he was drafted so high in the first place. I want him to turnaround from massive disappointment to cult hero.

Hopefully the sting of not being even near it this year is enough to drive him to succeed. If not, no drama, he cost nothing we've lost nothing

You don't lose talent. Hopefully Ross can motivate him to fulfil it

What would be seen as a good year for Sylvia??

Could he play a Walters role up forward with Ballas leaving Walters in middle??

I'd like a goal or two out of him whilst playing majority forward and occasional chop out in the middle for Fyfe, Mundy et al.

Is that too much to ask?

I think I would like to see him in the midfield. I think he has greater potential than De Boer or even Suban. This hinges on his effort levels though.

Yeah. Offers more in terms of talent and impact. The question is the application. You know the effort you get from MDB and Suban is going to be excellent, Sylvia...

What would be seen as a good year for Sylvia??

Could he play a Walters role up forward with Ballas leaving Walters in middle??

He may be able to play Walters role, but I quite like Walters playing Walters role, and wouldn't mind keeping it simple for Colin by playing him as a midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back