Competitions 2014 - Lions BigFooty Quiz

Remove this Banner Ad

Bye Week – Round 10 update –

Three more questions with a possible 11 points available, can now be allocated after the completion of round 9.

Q 08: From the list of 17 [players at the beginning of the year that were yet to play a game for the Lions], which debutante will have the most marks by the end of round 9? : (3 points) Not only is James Aish the leading ‘debutant’ but actually leads all comers at the club with 47 marks – coincidently this currently places him equal 47th with Sloane, Isacc Smith, Franklin and Cloke. 43% selected this correctly.

Q 11: How many wins will the LIONS have before bye [rounds 1 to 9 inclusive] (5 points) ONE - 100% people selected this…. Incorrectly [frown]

Q 26: Before the Round 10 BYE [rounds 1 > 9 inclusive], who will have kicked the most goals? (3pts) Select from: Aish [has kicked 2 goals], Robertson [0], Mayes [8], Bewick [4] – an easy one our current half back flanker, Sam Mayes – in contrast to the previous question, 90% of contestants selected this question correctly.

• Nobody was able to take advantage of the 11 points available in this period although there were ten peeps who increased their totals by 6 points.
  • The top 7 did not change
  • 4 peeps in Karnezis_13 cotter101 Dan12 and Crusha jumped up the ladder by at least 10 positions.

With May being Giro d’Italia time… we now see Scubaveg ‘pretty in pink’ in the leaders jersey with KissKiss and BuntonRules only one and two points respectively behind.

bnqwNgM.png

C6zmA4m.png

Next update due after the completion of Round 14 – Question 15: In which round will we kick more goals? Rnd01 v HAW or Rnd14 v FREO? : (5 points) (10 points if you correctly select ‘SAME’) [any additional points for debutants will also be included at this time

Last edited:
Bye Week – Round 10 update –
With May being Giro d’Italia time… we now see [B]Scubaveg[/B] ‘pretty in pink’ in the leaders jersey with KissKiss and BuntonRules only one and two points respectively behind.

bnqwNgM.png

Next update due after the completion of Round 14 – Question 15: In which round will we kick more goals? Rnd01 v HAW or Rnd14 v FREO? : (5 points) (10 points if you correctly select ‘SAME’) [any additional points for debutants will also be included at this time

If that's Scubaveg holding the umbrella, that's not at all how I pictured him.:eek:
I have a whole new respect for him.:drunk:

Round 14 – Update

Three peeps have now made a mid-year break away from the main peloton – have they gone too early? Are they predominately sprinters that will be caught out come the mountainous climbs of the back half of the season?

uJSVGAP.png

With only a couple more planned updates for the season – the next to come at the end of round 20 – there are still plenty of spills and positional changes to come –

The individual time trials… Question 3, with a possible 20 points up for grabs, has already had parts a, b and c become null and void with the total games of our ‘debutants’ already at 76 games at the conclusion of round 14.

03: What will be the combined total of games played by all possible 17 debutants? : Select one from

a] Less than 20 games (20 points),

b] 21 to 40 (10 points),

c] 41 to 60 (5 points),

d] 61 to 90 (10 points),

e] Greater than 90 games (20 points) :

Congrats to KissKiss matwt73 for recording full points for the two updated questions,

[freddie foto]
8560030011_16f8db1b26_o.jpg

Q1: ZOB becomes the 10th 2014 Lions debutant [1 pt]

Q15: In which round will we kick more goals? Rnd01 v HAW or Rnd14 v FREO? : 5 points now allocated to those who pre-heard the alarm bells of our trip west

I'm sure the suspense has been killing ya all?

A Mad Monday/Tuesday update not far away... and there have been some BIG Movers!!!!

I would have to go back to see my answers to remember what I answered (and what the questions were) ...

BIG movers huh - Viceregal for the spoon! :cool:

I have no idea what an answers I put down and have no idea how I have been leading this. Im just going to assume I hold onto win
Surely you will have to let go of the 'other thing' you're hold onto first! :p

The penultimate update:

I am coming 10th - where are you coming?

Can you win?

Can you get a podium finish?
Super-Mario-Kart-super-nes-podium.jpg

All will be revealed next Tuesday the 23rd... after the Brownlow results!

wywWUJI.png

Hey bf - although i made it too late to enter your comp, i have been doing this myself - can you please answer the following question thanks
19: How many LIONS games will Matthew Nicholls umpire?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What sort of crazy ****** up update has the names hidden?:mad:

Not that it matters, pretty sure I was slightly more than 14 behind (the top 20):$
I'll give you a hint, you could be currently in the top 10

Can't we reveal the later placings 2 a day between now and brownlow night,

Whilst there may be some movement before the end, it will at least increase the thread post count and artificially raise excitement.

Seems a reasonable suggestion [can start tonight] and/or...
  • with the winner done and dusted let everyone else fight for second place?
  • Offer a 'second chance' sliding scale of the balance of points to reach a maximum of say 152 points by having a second guess of how many Brownlow votes Rocky will receive?
*edit - example
- current 2nd place on 141 would receive 11pts for a correct guess and
- current 32nd on 55 to be offered 97pts if correct, etc.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Seems a reasonable suggestion [can start tonight] and/or...
  • with the winner done and dusted let everyone else fight for second place?
  • Offer a 'second chance' sliding scale of the balance of points to reach a maximum of say 152 points by having a second guess of how many Brownlow votes Rocky will receive?
*edit - example
- current 2nd place on 141 would receive 11pts for a correct guess and
- current 32nd on 55 to be offered 97pts if correct, etc.

Thoughts?
Stick with it as is IMO. Run a separate table (haha more work) for Brownlow guesses if there's demand for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back