All things James Frawley - pick #3 compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm very disappointed that there isn't a YouTube video of that time he was getting coralled in the pocket, kept trying to work a bit of space on his left and eventually ended up sitting down on the turf and accepting the tackle. Didn't even think to play for the deliberate out of bounds and at least make the tackler take his shot from the boundary line. Was glorious to watch.
Dream time??

Unfortunately, our top five is way inferior to most team's top five (and our middle five is worse than most, and our bottom five are too ... you get the picture):

Rance >> McDonald
Deledio = Jones
Martin > Tyson (for now)
Cotchin >>>>>>> Trengove
Riewoldt >>>>> Hogan (has not played a game yet)
That's more like it i reckon

That's more like it i reckon

Am I the only one who thinks Rance is a clumsy muppet who has two or three brain snaps a quarter? Quick, strong, loves giving away free kicks and getting toweled up by the better forwards in the competition.

Then again, we've got an AA backline comprised of Rance, Hooker, Brodie Smith, etc, so I guess the defensive side of the game isn't the priority...

Am I the only one who thinks Rance is a clumsy muppet who has two or three brain snaps a quarter? Quick, strong, loves giving away free kicks and getting toweled up by the better forwards in the competition.

Then again, we've got an AA backline comprised of Rance, Hooker, Brodie Smith, etc, so I guess the defensive side of the game isn't the priority...
True, but I just cant get past TMac's kicking. Like the guy and he gives his all and certainly has other weapons (unlike some other players in our backline) but he simply cannot kick. I struggle with players that are in the modern game and have not even schoolboy level of kicking, particularly in our side, who are constantly required (or think they are required) to pin point passes all the time. Now Rance isn't the bestkick going round but it is an order of magnitude better than Tmac's IMO

I don't rate him at all and am mystified that he got AA.

Perhaps the dumbest footballer in the game.

True, but I just cant get past TMac's kicking. Like the guy and he gives his all and certainly has other weapons (unlike some other players in our backline) but he simply cannot kick. I struggle with players that are in the modern game and have not even schoolboy level of kicking, particularly in our side, who are constantly required (or think they are required) to pin point passes all the time. Now Rance isn't the bestkick going round but it is an order of magnitude better than Tmac's IMO
Just needs someone like Toumpas or Dunn or (a not s**t Tapscott) Jetta running past everytime he gets the ball.

Just needs someone like Toumpas or Dunn or (a not s**t Tapscott) Jetta running past every time he gets the ball.
I've been calling for that for years. Should be a team rule but I guess it's not always that easy. I remember after one game when the Spencil had 5 or 6 kicks and it took until his last kick for someone in the team to realise that he had trouble hitting his foot and got around the back of him for a handball. Drove me insane

That's the one, I have no idea what he was doing, he had so much time.

I like the video description.

BTV: Howlett goals from turnover
Alex Rance completely shanks a left-footed pass into the path of Ben Howlett who kicks his fourth goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know how to embed a tweet. But, Jon Ralph reporting Freo have offered Frawley $3.0m over 5 years

Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun 16m
That sound you hear is Demons popping champagne corks as Freo offers Frawley $3m over five years. Dees guaranteed first-round pick as compo

He might not have said he's going but at least Frawley isn't bullshitting that he's considering staying.

Frawley must be chuffed about what's going on with Clark. Since the news of Clark's return, 95% of the attention has dropped off Frawley.

Frawley must be chuffed about what's going on with Clark. Since the news of Clark's return, 95% of the attention has dropped off Frawley.

Is probably waiting for the Clark destination to be set so he can announce his just after. Soft.

Danny Frawley on MMM said Melbourne's put him (James) in this position (to walk).

Are all Frawleys mentally deficient?
Well, in a way we did by the front ended contract meaning he became UFA, but hell, that was before FA came in.

So, yes it seems they are.

Danny Frawley on MMM said Melbourne's put him (James) in this position (to walk).

Are all Frawleys mentally deficient?

I assume he means because we have been so terrible over the past 8 years i.e. his entire AFL career. Otherwise it makes no sense, we put an offer to him and have been patiently awaiting his decision.

Well, in a way we did by the front ended contract meaning he became UFA, but hell, that was before FA came in.

So, yes it seems they are.

His facts are right; but his opinion and reasoning is questionable at best. From the moment the Dees put a contract on the table it was all on him.

I assume he means because we have been so terrible over the past 8 years i.e. his entire AFL career. Otherwise it makes no sense, we put an offer to him and have been patiently awaiting his decision.

He was talking about how he was an unrestricted FA (meaning he can go for nothing) because of his front ended deal he signed a few years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back