List Mgmt. Player re-signings

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd just like to say how good I think this initiative has been at getting the club some exposure during a time where it is almost impossible for non-finals clubs to get a mention. I've heard these signings reported on SEN, they get an article every day on the AFL website and we are getting the occasional article on The Age/Hun websites. A lot of people might just skip over the articles or not pay much attention but even then it still puts the club out there to get noticed.

Love it.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep. It's a strategic plan to get us into the media in a good way.
Even better if it leads to new sponsors!

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Only the one year? Hmm, I thought he might get two. Looks like this year will be his last chance to prove himself at AFL level.

Probably not a bad move for 2 reasons:

Firstly it puts a rocket up his ar$e knowing that he is there but only just. Hopefully he realises this and works even harder.

Secondly, depending on the draft and trade weeks, if we get a better option then you don't want to be tied down with a longer contract.

win win all round.

Dec 13, 2007
victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Probably not a bad move for 2 reasons:

Firstly it puts a rocket up his ar$e knowing that he is there but only just. Hopefully he realises this and works even harder.

Secondly, depending on the draft and trade weeks, if we get a better option then you don't want to be tied down with a longer contract.

win win all round.
I think its one year to see if he can improve his endeavor on the training track, and in the twos, he has to learn to follow richos instructions regarding second effort and chasing, he has a year to prove to the club he is keen to go on, listen and learn, he will get the chance it will be up to him.

I wonder if it's not the other way around? Maybe it's not us giving him a 1 year contract, maybe it's all that he wants right now. I suspect he's doing a Tommy Lee - reckons he can get a better deal next year when he's played well. It didn't work out for Lee doing that, but hey, all power to Spence if it works for him.

Seriously, we just got one of our "coolest" young players taking up air time on SEN in September. futurefest is such a win for this club, publicity wise.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
I wonder if it's not the other way around? Maybe it's not us giving him a 1 year contract, maybe it's all that he wants right now. I suspect he's doing a Tommy Lee - reckons he can get a better deal next year when he's played well. It didn't work out for Lee doing that, but hey, all power to Spence if it works for him.

Maybe.

But I still think the club is being intentionally strategic with all this.

Seriously, we just got one of our "coolest" young players taking up air time on SEN in September. futurefest is such a win for this club, publicity wise.

that's what I was saying when this started.

very few clubs will get a look in regarding publicity during September unless the club is in finals, in crisis, or losing players. This has a been a great way for the club to gain good cheap publicity every day during September.

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
It looks like Finnis Summers and Pelchen are working in synergy to improve the on and off field fortunes of this club in the short and long term, with the repairing of the clubs image by upper management, and the drafting of good young guys who aren't going to mess about and will make the club a truly professional outfit...

...who'll win 2+ flags :D

We were pretty damn ordinary this yr. And unfortunately next yr might be worse.
Yet there seems to be no talk of player unrest:thumbsu:. So far no promising young players have jumped ship:thumbsu:.
And all the players resigned/extended so far all talk in positive, exciting tones about our future:thumbsu:.
Say its boring, say its a waste of time, say whatever you want.
But the club seems to be doing something right:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
It might be a bloody slow march. But the Saints are definitely marching in the right direction:D
I dont care if ive got Rose coloured glasses on or im part of the Positivity Gestapo:p but i think its a great pro-active move on our clubs behalf.

Big Mart

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Still inconsistent with his effort... But made great strides this year.

When you think before R5 he was struggling to get a kick in the VFL reserves.

He finished pretty well

But a long way to go!

Only the one year? Hmm, I thought he might get two. Looks like this year will be his last chance to prove himself at AFL level.

Pretty good for a man half the AFL community still thinks doesn't exist and is one of our pipe dreams.

Now if only Tony Stewart Harvey could become that goal kicking mid we need, we'd be set....

Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Just a touch worried about tomorrow's signing!
image.jpg

that's what I was saying when this started.

very few clubs will get a look in regarding publicity during September unless the club is in finals, in crisis, or losing players. This has a been a great way for the club to gain good cheap publicity every day during September.

Well the crisis occurred at the crows.

Back